Here we will guide on how to unlock bootloader on Huawei Mate 20 X. As we all know, Huawei has officially stopped providing the unlock code to unlock the bootloader on any Huawei devices since long back. But we have something unofficial here. An XDA well-known member who is popularly known by name FunkyHuawei has introduced unofficial unlock code which can unlock your Huawei bootloader. This process is not for free. You may need to pay for this service from their official website.
Well, bootloader unlock helps the device in many cases. There are few who find this phone to be filled with bloatware that they want to remove it completely. As we know, Huawei uses their own skin called Emotion UI or EMUI. Therefore Some users don’t like the Huawei’s EMUI interface, so they may want to try out the different custom firmware. To try out all this, one may have to unlock the bootloader first. If you are looking to unlock the bootloader on this device, then you are the right place. In this guide, we will help you to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Mate 20 X Smartphone.
By Unlocking Bootloader, your warranty may void. So we recommend you to try this only after the warranty period. You can always try this anytime you want. By unlocking the bootloader on Huawei Mate 20 X, you can install any custom recovery, Custom Firmware, and even any supporting mods.
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
By Unlocking the bootloader, your warranty can void. So take your own risk. We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Mate 20 X, you need a laptop or PC.
- Charge the Huawei Mate 20 X to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete full backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same.
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
- Now note your IMEI no by dialing *#06# also make note of the ProductId by dialing # *#1357946#*#*
Required Files on your PC:
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Mate 20 X:
- First of all, enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings –> System -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Now go to Developer option in the settings and Enable OEM unlock
- Once you have got the unlock code, then save the unlock code somewhere safe
- Now open the extracted folder of Huawei Unlock Bootloader tool
- Open the command.bat and select the language
- Select language and hit enter (Hit Enter 2 TIMES)
- Now you will be asked for a code.
- Turn off your phone and Press Volume Up and Power button simultaneously to open Fastboot mode
- Now connect the phone to PC using USB Cable
- Now paste the Code which you got from FunkyHuawei mail and paste it here. Done! Your phone will be unlocked.
To boot into Fastboot mode, type the below command in the black window:
adb reboot bootloader
To Unlock, you can even type the command with unlock code that you received from Huawei
fastboot oem unlock [unlock code]
That’s it! You have unlocked the bootloader Huawei Mate 20 X smartphone.
Huawei Mate 20 X Specifications:
Huawei Mate 20 X features a 7.2 inches AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2244 pixels. The smartphone is powered by 2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55 Octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm) processor coupled with 6GB of RAM. The phone packs 128GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei Mate 20 X comes with Triple 40 MP + 20 MP + 8 MP, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR and 24 MP front shooting camera.
Huawei Mate 20 X runs on Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0 and backed by 5000 mAh Non-removable battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back. The handset supports Hybrid Dual SIM with 4G on both slots. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G.