Here we have provided the guide on to unlock bootloader on Moto E6 Plus easily. Additionally, we have also shared the download links, requirements, and bootloader unlocking steps as well.
Unlocking the device Bootloader is the first step in terms of customizing your Moto E6 Plus device. Most of the smartphone manufacturers provide their devices with a Stock ROM that comes with a locked bootloader. This basically prevents the Android OS from any external customizations or commands. Now, in order to tweak or customize your Moto E6 Plus, bootloader unlocking is necessary that you need to follow properly. It will open the gate of customizations in order to flash custom files. Once you have done the process, you’re good to go.
Motorola Moto E6 Plus Overview
Motorola Moto E6 Plus was announced in September 2019 which sports a 6.1-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1560 x 720 pixels with 282 PPI pixel density.
Motorola Moto E6 Plus is powered by a Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm) chipset coupled with 2/4GB of RAM and 32/64GB of internal storage. It also supports a 512GB external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie and backed by a 3000 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Dual-camera setup with 13MP + 2MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 8MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Motorola Moto E6 Plus comes with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.
Unlock Bootloader: Overview
A Bootloader is a code that runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as Laptops, PC, Smartphones, and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any Custom ROM, it is impossible to load the Custom Firmware without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
- To Unlock Bootloader on Moto E6 Plus via ADB Fastboot, you need a laptop or PC.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50%, at least for a smoother process.
- It’s highly recommended you to take a complete backup of your device’s internal data. All of your device data will delete.
- You need a USB cable to connect your device with PC.
- You need to download ADB and Fastboot Tools to your PC and Extract it.
- Download the Motorola USB Drivers for your PC.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Moto E6 Plus via ADB Fastboot
- You need to enable the developer option to activate OEM unlock and USB Debugging
- To enable the developer option, Go to your Settings -> About phone -> Now tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “You are now a developer!“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the command in your command window
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone reboots into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers correctly installed.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up, you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed, this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. To keep the setup, you must fix your drivers to list your device under fastboot devices.
- If the phone is recognized by the command above, proceed to boot into bootloader by tapping down the volume down button on your phone and select the BOOT TO DOWNLOAD MODE option with power key. Now you can unlock the bootloader with the following command: Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- Soon command will return a string which you need to copy the string to Notepad with a single line by deleting all space
(Note: Only copy the highlighted sections above. Do not copy the INFO or (bootloader) prefix)
- To Get Bootloader Key for Motorola One Power – Open the website Motorola’s unlock the bootloader site by Signing up or Log in via Google Plus account
- Now paste the string from Notepad to the box shown on the website (Check Screenshot below)
- Once you click the “Can my device be unlocked?” you will receive an mail with an unlocking key.
- Now copy the unlock key and type the following command and enter.
fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK_KEY
Here UNLOCK_Key is the place where you have to paste the unlock key, which you copied from the email.
- That’s it! Your device will unlock. Hah! Have fun!
I hope you successfully unlocked the bootloader on your device. If you have any questions about this method, leave a comment below.
Hello good, I have a problem I did the whole process without activating the OEM in administrator options, what can I do? THANK YOU