Oppo’s sub-brand Realme becomes one of the major selling smartphone brands in India that offers a wide range of models in every price segment. Last year, Realme 7 5G was launched with Android 10 (Realme UI) out of the box that’s equipped with a MediaTek MT6853 Dimensity 800U 5G processor. Now, if you’re one of the interested users to Unlock Bootloader on the Realme 7 5G handset, then follow this full guide.
It’s needless to say that Realme offers ways and tools to unlock the bootloader option officially to the interested users which is really appreciated. But the chances are high that you may not be able to do so or perform actual steps to easily unlock the bootloader due to region or specific model variations. Big thanks to XDA member Victor.edu01 who has shared the links as well as methods to perform the same.
- What is Bootloader?
- Advantages of Bootloader Unlock?
- How To Unlock Bootloader on Realme 7 5G (EU)
- Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Realme 7 5G
What is Bootloader?
In short, as the name suggests, a Bootloader is software that boots the device to the operating system or the recovery mode whatever a user command. That means a Bootloader is a vendor-specific image that’s responsible for loading up the kernel to the device and allows the hardware to run the system or recovery accordingly.
It also verifies the secure boot state as well as the device’s health state so that only signed images from the manufacturer can run on the device. Each and every smartphone manufacturer provides a locked bootloader to their devices out of the box due to security or privacy reasons. But interested Android users can unlock the locked bootloader to bypass any third-party file flashing whatsoever.
Advantages of Bootloader Unlock?
- Unlocking a Bootloader will allow you to fully customize your Android device [Root-level].
- You can flash a third-party firmware [Aftermarket ROM].
- Easily install Xposed Modules or Magisk Modules.
- Enable system-level root access on the handset.
- Run rooted applications after rooting.
- Uninstall system apps or bloatware after rooting.
How To Unlock Bootloader on Realme 7 5G (EU)
Here we’ve managed to provide you an easy way to unlock the bootloader on the mentioned Realme handset. But make sure to follow all the requirements mentioned below along with the download links.
There are a couple of requirements mentioned that you should follow strictly to avoid any kind of issue or bootloop to your device while/after following the steps.
1. Charge Your Phone
It’s highly recommended to simply charge your handset before performing the steps below. You should charge the device battery at least 50% or above to avoid occasional shutdown during the bootloader unlocking method.
2. Take Backup of your device
Make sure to take a full backup of your device data if something is important to you. The bootloader unlocking process will completely delete the internal storage data from your device. Otherwise, try moving the important files to another external storage, or cloud storage, or MicroSD card (if any).
3. Download ADB and Fastboot Binaries
ADB and Fastboot drivers or tools are really useful to run system-level commands on your connected device using the computer in a matter of seconds. Whether you want to run fastboot or adb commands on the device, or sideload OTA files, or remove programs, etc. You can grab ADB and Fastboot binaries here.
4. Download Realme USB Drivers
USB Drivers always play a major role to establish a strong connection between a device and a PC using a USB cable. Once connected, the installed USB Driver on the PC makes sure that every operation between the connected devices goes smooth without any interruption like file transfers or flashing files, etc. You can get Realme USB Drivers here.
5. Additional Drivers
- You’ll need to download and install MTK USB Drivers on your computer.
- Grab Universal ADB Drivers.
6. A PC, A USB Cable, and Wi-Fi Access
You’ll also require a Windows computer, a USB cable to connect the Realme 7 5G handset, and working Wi-Fi access on the PC as well as on the mobile device.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Realme 7 5G
Now, you’re all set to follow the steps below. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
Warning: GetDroidTips won’t be held responsible for any kind of damage or errors that may occur on your handset by following this guide. Make sure to take a backup of the data and do it at your own risk.
1. Enable Developer Option and USB Debugging
- Go to Settings > System > About Phone > Software Info > Tap on Build Number 7 times continuously to enable Developer options.
- Once enabled, go back to the main Settings menu > System > Tap on Developer options > Enable both the OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging option.
2. Change Network Address on the PC
- Press Windows + X keys and select Device Manager to open it.
- Double-click on the Network Adapters category to expand it.
- Now, locate and right-click on your currently active wireless adapter.
- Select Properties > Go to the Advanced tab.
- Find out the Network Address option in the Property section.
- From the Value section, make sure to select the value button next to the text box.
- Next, copy and paste this code 704D7B61ABCD to the respective field.
- Make sure to click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Finally, restart your computer to change effects immediately.
3. Run Realme Unlock APK (In-Depth Test)
- Once the network address region has been changed to India (IN), you’ll have to download the Realme Unlock APK file on your Realme 7 5G device.
- Now, install it and run it by clicking on Start applying.
- Tap on the checkbox ‘I have read and agreed to the aforesaid content’ to enable it.
- So, tap on the Submit application button > It’ll ask you to wait while the application submitting process is ongoing.
- Once the review successful message appears, tap on the ‘Start the in-depth test’ button.
4. Unlock Bootloader Process
- Now, you’ll see the Bootloader screen on your Realme 7 5G.
- Head over to the PC and go into the installed ADB & Fastboot folder.
- Press the Shift key + Right-click on the mouse to open the context menu.
- Select the Open PowerShell window here from the popup. If prompted by UAC, click on Yes to allow admin access.
- Then type the following command line inside the PowerShell window and hit Enter to check whether your device is connected to fastboot or not:
- Next, run the following command to open the unlock bootloader option:
fastboot flashing unlock
- A black screen will appear on the handset which will ask you whether you really want to unlock the bootloader or not. Make sure to press the Volume Up key to unlock the bootloader (Yes).
- If you don’t want to unlock the bootloader for some reason, press the Volume Down key to do not unlock bootloader (No).
- Once done, the device may get frozen for a while which is quite normal. Don’t panic at all.
- Finally, just press and hold the Power + Volume Up buttons together to boot up your phone into the system again with the unlocked bootloader state.
- You’ll need to wait for a while until the device boot up. The first boot time may take a few minutes or so.
- After all of that, go through the initial setup process to start using your Realme 7 5G again.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, feel free to ask in the comment below.