Xiaomi’s new sub-brand Poco launched their new smartphone Poco F1 in the Indian market. Today we will guide you on How to Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Poco F1 Smartphones. To flash or root and even install custom ROM you need to unlock the bootloader on your device.
The Xiaomi Poco F1 has a 6.18 inch Full HD Display. The design of the Smartphone might be liked by some, but to others, it might be disappointing. This is primarily due to the plastic build. Anyways, the Xiaomi Poco F1 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chip coupled up with the Adreno 630 GPU and with massive 8 GB of RAM. Coming to the Cameras, the device has a dual camera setup at the rear. This consists of a 12 MP and a 5 MP camera sensors.
The Poco F1 has a 20-megapixel front-facing camera. The device runs on the MIUI. This MIUI is specially designed for the POCO F1. At last, there is a 4000 mAh capacity battery powering this device.
Now you can unlock bootloader easily by following this simple guide. Official Bootloader Unlock for Xiaomi Poco F1 will not void the device warranty.
Xiaomi Poco F1 Specifications:
|Display Technology||Display||IPS LCD|
|Screen Resolution||1080 x 2246 Pixels|
|Screen Size||6.18 inches|
|Protected By||Corning Gorilla Glass|
|Operating System||Android 8.1 (Oreo); MIUI|
|Dust and Waterproof||No|
|CPU/GPU||Processor Chipset||Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845|
|Internal Memory||64, 128 and 256GB|
|Expandable Up to||microSD Card support with up to 256GB|
|Camera||Rear||12 MP, f/1.9, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF|
5 MP, f/2.0, 1.12µm, depth sensor
|Front||20 MP (MP = Megapixels)|
|Battery||4000 mAh Non-RemovableDual|
|Fingerprint Scanner||Yes, rear mounted|
|Other Sensor||Infrared face recognition, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass|
|Connectivity||Dual SIM, Bluetooth, 4G voLTE, GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack, Type C USB|
|Dimensions||155.5 x 75.3 x 8.8 mm|
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that. By doing this, you will loose the warranty and sometime if you dont read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So read carefully before doing something wrong.
What you need:
- To Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Poco F1, you need a laptop or PC.
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Backup your device just in case if you need it later
- Working USB Cable
- You need to download ADB and Fastboot Tools to your PC and Extract it
- Download Mi Unlock tool – CLICK HERE
- Download Xiaomi USB Driver
Steps for How to Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Poco F1
- Download the Mi Flash Tool
- Extract the downloaded file MiFlashTool Zip
- Now Open the MiFlashUnlock from the folder that you extracted
- Click on Agree
- Now you will be asked to Log in. Log in with your Mi Account, If you don’t have one then Sign UP – CLICK HERE to Sign Up
- After Login, the validation process will start and you will get a message that “Your device is not Supported”. Don’t worry! Now Click the “Go” button and it will take to the pagehttp://en.miui.com/unlock/
- You will see a blue screen in the page with text UNLOCK YOUR MI DEVICE
- Click the Unlock Now button
- In the browser you will be asked to log in with Mi Account again, So log in and Fill your details with your Mobile Number
- You will receive an OTP for verification on your phone.
- Enter the OTP number on the browser to complete the process.
- You need to wait until your application is accepted.
- When your Application is approved, you will again receive an OTP in your registered phone number.
- Now confirm the OTP number on the Unlocking screen
- You are almost done. Now you will have the ability to Unlock your device from Mi Unlock Tool
- Open the Mi Unlock Tool from the extracted folder and now you should have the permission to unlock the phone.
- Once your phone is connected, the Unlock button will become active.
- Simply Click on Unlock and your bootloader will be unlocked and Start Flashing Custom Recovery, Custom Rom and more.
- Enjoy! You have finally have unlocked the bootloader.
Want to install TWRP Recovery on Poco F1? then follow the guide here.
I hope this guide was helpful to unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi Poco F1. If you have any queries or feedback, please leave a comment below.