Table of Contents
- 1 How to Update Honor 4C to Android 6.0 Marshmallow Manually
- 2 Steps for How to Update Honor 4C to Android 6.0 Marshmallow Manually
How to Update Honor 4C to Android 6.0 Marshmallow Manually
Huawei started rolling out the update Stock Android 6.0 marshmallow for all their Honor Series smartphone, We have seen update for Honor 4X, 5C and more lately. Today Huawei started to roll out the OTA update of Android 6.0 Marshmallow to Honor 4C. This stock Android 6.0 marshmallow for Honor 4C with Indian Model No CHM-U01 Firmware Version B530 – India. Today i will guide you on how to manually install the Official Honor 4C Stock Marshmallow Firmware for model number CHM-U01 with Firmware version B321. The update for the Honor 4C with Official Marshmallow wrapped under EMUI 4.0 is rolled out today for the CHM-U01 variant in region India. The update will be anytime soon on your device. If you are still waiting and you haven’t received the update, then here is our guide on How to Update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Honor 4C Manually
What is in Android 6.0 Marshmallow ?
Android 6.0 Marshmallow was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 5.0 Lollipop. It was unveiled on Google I/O 2015. This is the eighth major version of the Android operating system. This has a huge incremental and feature on this update. IT brings you a feature which saves a lot of battery on your phone called Doze mode. This feature will keep your phone idle while you dont use the phone. Marshmallow primarily focuses on improving the overall user experience of Lollipop, and introduced unique features like Now On Tap, new permissions architecture, a new power management system, Native Fingerprint support, and other internal changes.
This is an Official Honor 4C Stock Marshmallow Firmware – CHM-U01 – for Indian Region – You can update if you have a CHM-U01 – Honor 4C to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Supported Device – Honor 4C
- Firmware – B530
- Build Number – Chm-U01C675B530
- Region – India
- Model – Chm-U01
REMEMBER THIS UPDATE IS FOR Honor 4C to Android 6.0 Marshmallow Indian Variant
READ THIS CAUTION :
So before jump into the manual upgradation setup, please make sure you are running the stock firmware and also you have a good amount juice with at least 80% Charge. If not please charge the phone. Back up your phone in case if you need it later. If you brick the device we are not responsible. Do it at your own risk.
Steps for How to Update Honor 4C to Android 6.0 Marshmallow Manually
[button color=”red” size=”22px” type=”square” target=”blank” link=”http://download-c.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=83344&version=327467&siteCode=in”]DOWNLOAD FULL FIRMWARE PACKAGE[/button]
- First of all Download the OTA from the above download link
- Create a new folder called dload in your root of the internal memory on your smartphone
- Extract the OTA zip and you will find update.app file (This is the one which we needed) Now move the update.app to the newly created foler “dload“
- Open the Settings in your phone and click the menu Update
- Now tap on Local Update – This is where you can update firmware OTA manually.
- You will see the update.app, Now tap on that and your update process wil start.
- Wait for sometime.
- Once completed, reboot your device
- You have manually updated your Honor 4C Smartphone