iQOO Z1 5G has just launched within the Chinese market. While the brand is independent here in India, it’s a sub-brand to Vivo in China. so as to slap in 5G to the phone, the corporate didn’t accompany Qualcomm this point around and rather chose the recently launched MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ processor. aside from that, the smartphone brings features like 144Hz refresh rate display, 48MP triple rear camera setup, and more.
Today we have the latest stock ROM flash file for the vivo iQOO Z1 powered by Mediatek processor. To install the firmware flash file, we need a software called SP Flash tool which can be helpful to flash the stock ROM on your device. The method is simple and easy. We have also added video and step by step tutorial to make things easier to flash the official flash file.
This process is helpful if you have bricked your device, lag, or shuttering performance, to fix Bluetooth and WiFi issue, to unroot or bypass the FRP lock. So without further wasting our time, let’s understand what is stock firmware flash file.
Table of Contents
- 1 vivo iQOO Z1 Specifications: Overview
- 2 Why We Need Stock Firmware?
- 3 How to Install vivo iQOO Z1 PD1986 Flash File
vivo iQOO Z1 Specifications: Overview
The Z1 pairs the impressive Dimensity 5G-integrated chip with features like a 6.7-inch Full HD+ display with an ultra-fast, 144Hz refresh-rate that it’s ideal for gaming. The display incorporates Vivo’s adaptive refresh rate and energy-saving technologies.
The device features the Dimensity 1000+ SoC. The Dimensity 1000+ provides flagship-grade performance from its mixture of octa-core CPU that has four, premium Arm Cortex-A77 CPUs up to 2.6GHz, 9-core GPU and 6-core APU 3.0 AI processor. The device features a design almost like that of the iQOO Neo3 5G, which was launched late last month, with curved edges on the rear and an oblong camera module. The Dimensity 1000 Plus chip is amid up to 8GB of LPDDR4x RAM and up to 256GB of UFS 2.1 storage.
In the camera department, the iQOO Z1 features a triple camera setup on the rear with a 48MP primary sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide camera, and a 2MP macro camera. Over on the front, the device features a single 16MP selfie shooter within the top right corner of the display.
For connectivity, the Dimensity 1000+ provides a comprehensive 5G feature-set that has 5G+5G dual SIM with VoNR, wideband coverage (n1/n3/n41/n77/n78/n79) and support for both non-standalone and standalone 5G networks. Bluetooth 5 and ultra-fast 1Gbps Wi-Fi 6 cover local wireless connectivity, alongside adaptive network switching technologies to make sure the fastest and most reliable connection available is preferred.
Why We Need Stock Firmware?
Stock Firmware or a Stock ROM is official software that is designed by the OEM manufacturer for a particular device. This file is required to fix any software related issue on your vivo iQOO Z1. If you are facing any problem with your device, your final attempt will be to re-install the stock ROM. This way, you can restore your device back to stock ROM. This guide will be more useful to those users who always want to try rooting, installing mods or custom ROM.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
Here are the answers to why you need to download and save the vivo iQOO Z1 Stock ROM flash file on your computer.
- If your device is dead, you can unbrick using Stock ROM file
- You can fix or repair the IMEI on your device using DB files from Stock ROM
- Remove any malware or Adwares from vivo iQOO Z1
- You can fix the boot loop issue on vivo iQOO Z1
- Fix Unfortunately, the app has stopped error on vivo iQOO Z1
- Fix Network related issue
- Patch Boot image to Root using Magisk
- You can unroot vivo iQOO Z1
- To Reset or Remove FRP on your device
- Restore vivo iQOO Z1 back to Factory State
- Device Name: vivo iQOO Z1 PD1986
- ROM Type: Stock ROM
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: SP Flash tool
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ SoC
- Android Version: Android 10
How to Install vivo iQOO Z1 PD1986 Flash File
Before installing the Stock ROM on your vivo iQOO Z1, you should download the firmware flash file. Then download and install the USB Drivers and flash tool on the PC as well. Once you’re done with these, you can proceed to the steps below. But let’s take a quick look at the Stock Firmware importance and firmware details below.
- Supported device: vivo iQOO Z1 PD1986
- Make sure to charge your device more than 50%
- You need a PC or Laptop with a USB cable.
- Take a complete backup using any method given below
- Download Drivers and Tools: VCOM drivers, SP Flash Tool and Vivo USB Drivers
Download Flash Files
|Firmware Detail||Download Link|
|Flash File Name: PD1986_A_1.7.17
File Size: 6 GB
File Type: OTA
Android Version: Android 10
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Vivo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on Vivo device.
Method 2: Instructions to Install: via SP Flash tool
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the firmware installation steps below:
- Make sure you follow and download all the required files and flash tool on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Once your load the SP Flash tool UI, Tap on Download option
- In the download tab, you have to load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- You will find the scatter text file inside the ROM package for most cases, if not, you can create a scatter text file on your own.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Vivo Y7s, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up key together and Connect your Phone to PC/Laptop using USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- You need to wait for a few minutes to complete the upgrade process.
- Once the flashing process completes, you will find a green button which means a successful upgrade.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Vivo Y7s
Follow our full-depth video guide below:
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve installed the Stock Firmware on your vivo iQOO Z1 device successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.