Vivo V25 5G was launched in India that features a 6.44-inch AMOLED display with a 90Hz Hz refresh rate. Under the hood, it is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 900 SoC coupled with up to 12GB of RAM support. The device sports a triple rear camera setup featuring a 64 MP primary camera. The handset has a 50 MP with Eye Autofocus and an f/2.0 aperture lens.
Finally, Vivo started pushing their new major OS update, Funtouch OS 13, for the Vivo V25 5G based on Android 13. The update is now started rolling around the globe.
- Vivo V25 5G Device Overview:
- What’s New in Android 13
- Download Android 13 | Funtouch OS 13 Update:
- Steps to Install Android 13 on Vivo V25 5G
Vivo V25 5G Device Overview:
The Vivo V25 5G features a 6.44 inches AMOLED panel with a 90 Hz refresh rate. It is an FHD+ panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2404 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. Under the hood, we get the MediaTek Dimensity 900 processor built on a 6 nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with two Cortex-A78 cores clocked at 2.4 GHz and six Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Mali-G68 MC4. The smartphone comes with Android 12 out of the box with Funtouch 12 skin running on top.
In terms of optics, we get a triple camera setup at the rear and a single selfie camera at the front. The rear camera setup consists of a 64 MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, an 8 MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, and a 2 MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. The selfie camera at the front is a 50 MP wide sensor paired with an f/2.0 lens. The rear and the front camera setup can capture 4K videos at 30 fps.
The smartphone comes in three storage options: 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM, 256GB internal storage + 8GB RAM, and 256GB internal storage + 12GB RAM. We also get a hybrid microSD slot for storage expansion. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we get an under-display optical fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Powering it all is a 4500 mAh battery that supports 44W quick charging. The smartphone has three colour options: Elegant Black, Sunrise Gold, and Surfing Blue.
What’s New in Android 13
Google has finally started rolling out its stable Android 13 update to the public. As expected, only Google has released the update to their Pixel lineup, but no OEM has started cooking a stable yet.
Regarding the Android 13, it seems that the Android 12’s successor has plenty of additional features and improvements to its predecessor. We’ve already seen and used the major UI and design element changes in Android 12 last year, known as ‘Material You.’ This materialistic theming design enhanced the Android user experience from the minimal subtle look, rounded corners, improved pop-ups, etc.
Whereas the improved scrolling screenshots, optimized one-handed UI mode, better privacy & security features, improved app notifications, per-app basis language preferences, app permissions to send notifications, BT LE Audio support, auto theme icons, updated now playing widget, etc. Users will also find intuitive QR scanner support, enhanced silent mode, tap-to-transfer media controls, multiple profiles for NFC payments, and more.
Android 13 Funtouch OS 13 Update Tracker:
Updated on January 20, 2023: Today, Vivo rolled out their first Funtouch OS 13 update with software version PD2215F_EX_A_220.127.116.11. The update comes with January 2023 security patch.
Download Android 13 | Funtouch OS 13 Update:
|Build Number: PD2215F_EX_A_18.104.22.168
File Size: 5 GB
Steps to Install Android 13 on Vivo V25 5G
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the Funtouch OS 13 update based on Android 13 on your Vivo V25 5G, let us look at the prerequisites first.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Vivo V25 5G. Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can back up your phone without root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
Now, let’s look at the Steps to flash Stock ROM on Vivo V25 5G.
Instructions to Flash The ROM:
To install Funtouch OS 13 files on your Vivo V25 5G, we have given two methods, either you can follow the recovery method, or you can follow the Fastboot method. A detailed guide on both methods is given down below:
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Vivo device recovery. Follow the guide link below to install the OTA update on the Vivo device.
Guide to Install Vivo Firmware on any Vivo smartphone
Method 2: Instructions to Install via SP Flash Tool:
- Ensure you follow and download all the required files and flash tools on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Tap on the Download option and load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button.
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Vivo V25 5G PD2215F, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up keys together and Connect your Phone to your PC/Laptop using a USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- Wait for a few minutes; if you see a green button on your flash tool, it means the upgrading process has been completed.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Vivo V25 5G PD2215F
Follow Complete Tutorial | Watch Video Tutorial
Method 3: Instructions to Install via MSM Download tool:
- Download the MSM Download tool, firmware, and drivers on your PC.
- Now install the USB drivers.
- Place the MSM download tool and firmware in the same folder
- Open the MSM download tool and connect your device to a PC/Laptop
- Once you connect, it will automatically load the firmware; if not, select it manually.
- Click on the start button and wait patiently to complete the installation process.
- Once it is done! remove your device from your PC. That’s it!
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.