Warframe is a cooperative free-to-play third-person online action video game based on an evolving sci-fi world. The game is developed and published by Digital Extremes launched for Windows in 2013 and then it was ported to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch platforms. However, the game has some flaws like lagging, crashing, frame drop issues, etc. If you’re also facing the same problem, check out the steps to fix Warframe: Lag Shuttering, Freezing, Crashing on Launch or FPS drop issue.
It’s a fast-paced action game with stunning graphics, unique customizable Warframes, and more. As most of the online video games and especially the action games always come with plenty of bugs or errors. While some of the games cause issues after any patch update which is also irritating. So, if you’re also one of them who are facing the Warframe game issues, then this troubleshooting guide is only for you. Here we’ve provided some of the possible workarounds that can be helpful to you.
But we will recommend you to check for the Windows OS and graphics driver update at first. Once done, you should check for your internet connection speed and stability as well. Additionally, makes sure that your system configuration is compatible with the system requirements of the game. If in case, you can’t remember the minimum requirements, then check the details below.
- 1 Why Does Warframe Keep Crashing?
- 2 Minimum System Requirements:
- 3 Warframe: Fix Lag Shuttering, Freezing, Crashing on Launch or FPS drop issue
- 3.1 1. Update Graphics Drivers
- 3.2 2. Disable Steam Overlay
- 3.3 3. Adjust Discord Settings
- 3.4 4. Adjust Nvidia Control Panel Settings
- 3.5 5. Adjust AMD Control Panel Settings
- 3.6 6. Repair Game from Steam Client
- 3.7 7. Verify Game Files on Steam (Steam User Only)
- 3.8 8. Uninstall Windows 10 Updates (Unstable/Buggy Versions)
- 3.9 9. Clean Temporary Files to fix Warframe Lag
- 3.10 10. Use CPU and GPU Clock Speed at Default Settings
Why Does Warframe Keep Crashing?
There can be possible reasons behind Warframe that keeps crashing on your Windows 10 PC. Let’s take a look.
- Your PC configuration isn’t compatible with the game’s system requirements.
- Some of the game files are either missing or corrupted.
- Your PC is running on an outdated Windows OS or graphics driver.
- An outdated DirectX version.
- The game or the client version isn’t updated.
- Any of the overlay apps are running in the background.
- Windows Firewall or Antivirus program is blocking the game.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit (32-bit not supported)
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+
- Video: DirectX 10+ capable Graphics Card
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Storage: 35 GB available HD space
- Internet: Broadband Internet Connection Required
Warframe: Fix Lag Shuttering, Freezing, Crashing on Launch or FPS drop issue
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the steps below. Keep in mind that both the Nvidia and AMD graphics drivers are well optimized for the Warframe game. So, if in case, you haven’t updated your graphics driver yet, do this first.
1. Update Graphics Drivers
If you’re using the Nvidia graphics card then update the GeForce Experience app on your PC from the Nvidia official site here.
But if you’re using the AMD graphics card on your system, then update the latest AMD Drivers from here.
2. Disable Steam Overlay
- Open Steam on your Windows.
- Head over to the Settings > Click on the In-Game option.
- Click on the checkbox to disable “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game“.
- Once the checkbox mark is removed, click on OK.
3. Adjust Discord Settings
- Launch Discord > Click on User Settings.
- Select Voice & Video from the left sidebar.
- Scroll down a bit and click on the Advanced.
- Next, disable OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco System, Inc.
- Then disable Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority.
- Click on Overlay.
- Disable in-game overlay.
- Next, click on Appearance.
- Scroll down to the bottom Advanced.
- Disable Hardware Acceleration.
- Once done, restart the Discord or restart the system.
- Finally, check whether the Warframe Lag fixed or not.
4. Adjust Nvidia Control Panel Settings
- Click on Adjust image settings with preview under 3D settings.
- Select Use the advanced 3D image settings.
- Next, open the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Click on Manage 3D settings.
- Then select Global Settings.
- Now, adjust some of the additional settings:
- Turn off Image Sharpening
- Turn on Threaded Optimization
- Power Management: Prefer Maximum Performance
- Low Latency Mode: Off
- Texture Filtering Quality: Performance
5. Adjust AMD Control Panel Settings
- Click on Global Graphics.
- Disable Radeon Anti-Lag
- Disable Radeon Boost
- Image Sharpening: Off
- Anti-Aliasing Mode: Use Application settings
- Set Anti-aliasing Method to Multi-sampling
- Morphological Filtering: Off
- Anisotropic Filtering: Disabled
- Texture Filtering Quality: Performance
- Surface Format Optimization: Enabled
- Tesselation Mode: AMD Optimized
- Turn off Wait for V-sync
- OpenGL Triple Buffering: Off
- Shader Cache: AMD optimized
- Turn off Maximum Tesselation Level
- GPU Workload: Graphics
- Radeon Chill: Off
- Frame Rate Target Control: Disabled
6. Repair Game from Steam Client
Make sure that this process will take some time. So, have some patience.
- Launch Steam Client
- Click on Warframe from the left sidebar
- Now, click on Game Options
- Choose Scan and Repair
7. Verify Game Files on Steam (Steam User Only)
The Warframe gamers on Steam can follow the below steps:
- Open the Steam Library by logging into the account.
- Right-click on Warframe
- Click on Properties
- Select the Local Files tab
- Then click on Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Wait for the process and then restart the game to check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
8. Uninstall Windows 10 Updates (Unstable/Buggy Versions)
A couple of days ago, Microsoft has released a new update for Windows 10 with KB4535996. The KB4535996 cumulative update for Windows 10 is quite buggy and causing so many errors or problems.
- Go to Start menu > Click on Settings
- Next, click on Update and Security
- Click on View update history
- Now, if you can see that there is an update having KB4535996 has been already installed. Make sure to uninstall it.
- Here you will see Uninstall updates option on the top of the page.
- Click on it and select that particular update version.
- Right-click on it and select Uninstall.
- It may take some time to delete that update and your system may restart automatically.
- Have some patience and you can also manually reboot your Windows PC (if required).
9. Clean Temporary Files to fix Warframe Lag
- Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the RUN program.
- Now, type %temp% and press enter
- You will get a bunch of temporary files on a page.
- Select all files by pressing Ctrl + A on the keyboard.
Next, press Shift + Delete on the keyboard to remove all the files.
- Some times some of the temporary files can’t be deleted. So, leave them as it is and close it.
10. Use CPU and GPU Clock Speed at Default Settings
If you’ve overclocked your GPU speed and experiencing the crashing or stuttering issue on the Warframe gameplay or at the launching, make sure to use the MSI Afterburner tool or Zotac firestorm to underclock or set default clock speed. Now, you can try again to run the game whether the Warframe Lag is appearing or not.
That’s it. We hope this guide was useful to you. You can comment below for any queries.