CREATIVE ASSEMBLY, Feral Interactive, and SEGA have released a turn-based real-time strategic video game called ‘Total War: Warhammer III‘ in Feb 2022. It has been available for Windows, Mac, etc platforms that offer almost mixed reviews on Steam for the PC version. Meanwhile, some players are experiencing the WARHAMMER 3 Multiplayer Not Working issue on the PC while connecting to the server. If you’re one of them, you can follow this guide to fix it.
According to multiple reports online, several unfortunate players are basically unable to get into the multiplayer mode because they can’t add friends to the list or the friends list not showing up at all. While your friends are online, affected players may not be able to find them unexpectedly. Well, it becomes one of the common issues among PC gamers to encounter such an issue but there are a couple of workarounds mentioned below that can help you out.
- Fix: WARHAMMER 3 Multiplayer Not Working on PC
- 1. Check Game Server Status
- 2. Use Steam Friends List
- 3. Re-login on Game Pass
- 4. Disable Windows Firewall
- 5. Link Xbox Game Pass to Steam Account
- 6. Ensure your Steam Profile is Public
- 7. Restart the Game
- 8. Reboot the System/Device
- 9. Check your Internet Connection
- 10. Power Cycle the Wi-Fi Router
- 11. Verify and Repair Game Files
- 12. Flush DNS Cache
- 13. Reinstall Total War: Warhammer III
- 14. Contact the SEGA Support
Fix: WARHAMMER 3 Multiplayer Not Working on PC
Make sure not to skip any method until the problem gets fixed for you because even a simple workaround can resolve the issue in some cases. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Check Game Server Status
The first thing you can do is cross-check whether the game server is working fine or not. Sometimes the server downtime or maintenance can cause several issues with the online multiplayer connectivity whatsoever. You can follow the official @totalwar Twitter handle for real-time updates and info about the WARHAMMER III game. If there is an issue with the server, you can wait for a couple of hours and then try again. If everything is fine, check the next method.
2. Use Steam Friends List
Steam offers a friend list for the players to join friends directly who can’t connect to multiplayer games in Total War: Warhammer III. To do so:
- Close the Total War Warhammer 3 > Open the Steam client.
- Click on the ‘Friends‘ tab in the top menu > Select the ‘Friends List‘ option.
- Right-click on the Friend’s name in the list.
- Select the ‘Join Game‘ option and you’re done.
Note: If the game still can’t connect you to the multiplayer mode, you may need to perform this method multiple times.
3. Re-login on Game Pass
If you’ve purchased the WARHAMMER III game via the Xbox Game Pass on the PC then make sure to follow the steps below:
- First of all, you’ll need to log out and log back in again to your Xbox Game Pass account.
- Then try reconnecting to the multiplayer games a couple of times.
Whereas some players have also claimed that changing their profile icons in the Xbox app did fix the issue which is quite weird. But you should also try this trick at your end.
4. Disable Windows Firewall
It’s also recommended to turn off the Windows Firewall protection on the PC by following the steps below because sometimes the firewall system can block game files to run properly.
- Press the Windows + I keys to open ‘Settings‘.
- Click on the ‘Update and Security‘ feature > Go to ‘Windows Security‘.
- Select ‘Firewall and Windows Protection‘ > Open ‘Windows Security‘ Settings.
- Make sure to Turn Off the Firewall toggle for Public, Private, and Domain options.
5. Link Xbox Game Pass to Steam Account
It’s also recommended to link your Xbox Game Pass account to the Steam account by following the steps below if you’ve purchased the WARHAMMER III game via Game Pass Store.
- Press the Windows + G keys to open the Xbox Game Bar application.
- Now, click on ‘Configuration‘ > Go to the ‘Accounts‘ tab.
- Click on the ‘LINK‘ button next to Steam from the list.
- Next, enter your Steam account info to confirm the linking of both accounts.
- You should also receive a confirmation e-mail on the registered mail id.
- Once done, you can try launching WARHAMMER III via Steam or Game Pass to check whether you’re able to connect to your friends or not.
6. Ensure your Steam Profile is Public
It’s highly recommended to make sure that your Steam Profile is set to Public by following the steps below. So, that the other players can find and connect with you easily. To do that:
- Open the Steam client on the PC > Click on your Username in the top-right corner.
- Select View my profile > Click on Edit Profile.
- Head over to the Privacy Settings tab > Make sure to set the My Profile, Game Details, Friends List, and Inventory options to Public.
7. Restart the Game
The first thing you should do is simply restart the Total War: Warhammer III game on your PC or gaming console to check whether the problem has been fixed or not. Sometimes issues with the temporary glitch or the cache data can trigger server connectivity issues whatsoever. So, just exit the game and make sure to close background tasks completely before launching the Total War: Warhammer III game again.
8. Reboot the System/Device
In some scenarios, it’s better to simply reboot the gaming device no matter whether you’re using a PC or a gaming console. You should always try this method to ensure there is no conflict or system glitch present on the device that basically triggers the multiplayer connectivity issue.
9. Check your Internet Connection
You should also try checking out the internet connection at your end because a poor or unstable internet network can eventually cause online connectivity issues with the game servers whatsoever. If in case, you’re consistently receiving server connectivity errors on multiple games then make sure to contact your ISP for further assistance. You can also ask your ISP to upgrade the data plan for better internet speed or change the IP address too.
If you’re using a wireless (Wi-Fi) network then make sure to change it to a wired (ethernet) connection to get a stable internet speed for sure. Advanced users can also try using the Google DNS address on their internet settings to get maximum speed or access to the game servers across the globe.
10. Power Cycle the Wi-Fi Router
Sometimes only rebooting the game or device or switching the internet connection may not be useful because there might be an issue with the Wi-Fi router. In that scenario, performing the power cycle on your Wi-Fi router can also fix the internet connectivity-related issues completely. To do that:
- Turn off the router first > Once the LED indicators stopped, unplug the power cable from the router.
- Now, wait for around 30 seconds, and then plug back the power cable into the router.
- Turn on the router and check for Total War: Warhammer III server connectivity error.
11. Verify and Repair Game Files
It’s also recommended to verify and repair the game files on your PC via the Steam client to cross-check whether the installed game files are corrupted or missing or not. The game launcher will do the job for you and automatically fix the game files-related issue. To do so:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Total War: Warhammer III from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon of Total War: Warhammer III.
- Click on Verify and it’ll start verifying the game files.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
12. Flush DNS Cache
Make sure to flush the DNS cache on your computer to easily remove stored cache files related to the internet configuration. It can also help the PC and the internet settings to freshly connect with the game servers without any corrupted or older cache data. To do that:
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard to open the Start menu > Type Command Prompt and search for it.
- Now, right-click on Command Prompt > Select Run as administrator.
- Click on Yes to run with the admin access > Once the command prompt window opens, type the following command and hit Enter:
- A successful message will appear > Close the command prompt window.
- Now, reboot the PC to apply changes.
13. Reinstall Total War: Warhammer III
The chances are high that somehow your installed game files become corrupted or missing due to the recent update or anything else. It’s recommended to uninstall and reinstall the Total War: Warhammer III game on your PC to check if the Multiplayer Mode Not Working problem has been fixed or not. To do so:
- Press the Windows key or click on the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
- Now, type Control Panel and search for it > Click on it from the result.
- Click on Uninstall a program > Search for the Total War: Warhammer III game.
- Click on the title and select Uninstall > Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes > Next, open the Steam client or Epic Games Launcher.
- Search for Total War: Warhammer III and install the game again.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
14. Contact the SEGA Support
If none of the methods worked for you, then try contacting SEGA Support for further assistance. Sometimes a support agent can easily help you with technical aspects or ask the agent to raise a ticket for this issue. So, that the game developers can investigate it deeply. Although resolving your issue and closing the ticket can take some time, it’s worth trying out in so many ways.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was useful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.