Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 is the new free-to-play battle royale game and success of 2020’s Call of Duty: Warzone. The game is now available for PS4, PS5, Xbox, and Windows users all around the globe. After the release, many players reported crashing or not loading problems on their PS4 and PS5. However, each game has its issues or flaws, and Warzone 2 is no exception, so in this guide, we will try some troubleshooting methods to fix the crashing problem.
If you’ve been facing the same issue for a while, don’t worry, as we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds for you that may come in handy. Although these methods are common for most game crashes on PlayStation consoles, you should check them out. We can’t blame developers for such issues because the startup crashing or not launching issues may appear due to several other possible reasons that we’ve briefly mentioned below.
Fix: Warzone 2 Crashing or Not Loading on PS4 and PS5
The chances are that you’re encountering startup crashing issues or even the game not launching due to outdated game versions, outdated system software, corrupted saved game data, game database-related issues, etc. In some cases, issues with the game installation or console-related glitches may trigger such problems for the console players. You can jump into the steps below to check it out as you’re now aware.
1. Check System Updates
Checking for system updates on the PlayStation console before getting into any other workarounds is recommended. Sometimes an outdated system build can cause several issues.
- Go to the Settings menu on the PlayStation console.
- Select System Software Update > Check for available updates and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
- Once done, reboot the system to apply changes.
2. Delete Saved Game Data (PS4/PS5)
Well, corrupted or missing game data can also cause multiple issues with the crashing on the PlayStation console. We recommend you delete the saved game data on the PS4/PS5 console to check for the issue.
- Go to the Settings menu > Select Storage.
- Choose Saved Data > Select Warzone 2.
- Press the Options button on the controller > Select the saved game data files (one or multiple).
- Hit Delete and confirm the task to complete it.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the console to apply changes.
All the game files which are locally saved will be deleted from your PlayStation console. But don’t worry. Since you’re online, all saved game data will be there. This should fix the Warzone 2 Crashing issue on PS4 or PS5 Consoles.
3. Rebuild Database (PS4/PS5)
Rebuilding the database on your PlayStation console can quickly resolve potential issues or errors. To do so:
- Switch off your console completely. Unplug the power cable from the console and wait for around 2-3 minutes.
- Now, plug in the power cable, and turn it on to clear the Cached Data automatically from the system.
Check whether this issue has been fixed with the Warzone 2 game. If not, follow the next steps below.
- Now, press and hold the Power button on the PlayStation console until you hear 2 beeps. [The second beep will sound after seven seconds]
- The console will boot in Safe Mode > Connect the controller to the USB with the console and press the PS Button on the controller.
- Next, you’ll get an option called ‘Rebuild Database’.
- Select Rebuild Database and confirm the task.
- It may take some time, depending on the hard drive data size. Have some patience.
- Once done, reboot the system normally.
4. Reinstall Warzone 2
If in case, the crashing problem persists with the Warzone 2 game, then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the game on the console. It should going to fix the issue. To do so:
- Go to Settings > Select Storage.
- Select the Warzone 2 game from the list and then Hit Delete.
- Once the game is deleted, download and install it from the respective store.
5. Reset the Console
If none of the workarounds come in handy for you, try performing the factory reset to your console to check for the issue.
- Go to the Settings menu on the PlayStation console.
- Select the ‘Initialization’ tab > Initialize PS4’ or ‘Initialize PS5’.
- From the next page, choose ‘Full.’
- Your PlayStation 4/5 will automatically start wiping itself to restore the factory defaults. This process may take a couple of hours, depending on the installed data on the storage.
- Let the process be completed. Once done, make sure to reboot the system.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.
I paid for the vault edition plus 2 battle passes also bought some extra characters, delete it rebooted, did everything on YouTube did everything on the Internet and game is not working to much money for the game not to work. It stop Working on the latest update.
My PS4 Warzone2.0 also will not work after last update, it keeps trying to download the update, then when it’s done, it says to install it again and again. The new update is not working or downloading.
Did you ever figure this issue out ? I think I’m having the same problem… Been trying to figure it out for 3 days now
Hi there. The same error even after I followed all the steps in the description. After installing the warzone2.0 add-on, it appears as if it is not installed in the game, but in playstation it appears that it is installed. Probably a ps4 bug. What else could I do? I have all the ads installed. Thanks
Error name: “you are missing one or more warzone DLC packs. Please download and install”
Mine is doing the same thing!
I have had the same issue! Did you get it resolved?
Did you ever end up figuring this issue out? I have the same problem and can’t figure out how to resolve it ! Please send help 🙏😅
This buggy POS crashes about every other startup on my PS5. The only way to get it playable is step 5 first then step 4 every crash. I’ve contacted Activision and Sony and they’re pointing there fingers at the other. The real pain is the file for this POS is 50-60 gb per download, that adds up pretty fast and maxes out the 1.2TB most internet providers allow per month. Great job Activision and cudos to Sony since they both have customer support that are absolutely worthless.
I have a different problem.
All main packages gets installed the only problem is with Call Duty Warzone 2.0 package that is 3.42 GB in size.
I initiate the installation from the ps 4 and I can see that packages gets downloaded.
However after the download is completed that packages is not installed. It again prompts me to install it.
So far I have reinstalled the gate twice I have also reinitialize the ps4 with no luck :(
Any idea what I am doing wrong or this game just does not work on PS4 any more?
I am having the same issues. Any fixes yet? This is really annoying. Cant be the only one that cant get this damn file to download and install without the endless loop. WTF?