Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 is a newly released free-to-play online battle royale video game that comes with the all-new COD: Modern Warfare II title that has been developed by Infinity Ward and Raven Software in 2022. It’s a sequel to 2020’s Call of Duty: Warzone, which was a major hit. Though the Call of Duty game servers are capable of handling overload, it looks like several players are experiencing the Call of Duty Warzone 2 Server Disconnected Error quite often.
Now, if you’re one of the victims to encounter such an error, then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to fix it. There are already plenty of known and unknown bugs or errors in the Call of Duty Warzone 2 game; multiple errors are troubling a lot of players while trying to launch the game on the PC. Additionally, several unfortunate players are reporting that the server connectivity issue is preventing them from getting into online matches.
- Fix: Warzone 2 Server Disconnected Error
Fix: Warzone 2 Server Disconnected Error
If we take a quick look at the error message, it says “You have been disconnected from the Call of Duty: Warzone 2 servers. Please try again or visit Activision support for updates.” The chances are high that either the game servers are going through some technical issues or an increase in the active number of players are trying to get into the online matchmaking which basically triggers the server disconnected error. Whereas there are other possible reasons too.
Meanwhile, a slow or unstable internet connection, an outdated game version, issues with corrupted or missing game files, issues with the antivirus software blocking, issues with outdated networking drivers, etc might occur such an error whatsoever. Luckily, there are a couple of potential workarounds mentioned below that should help you a lot. Ensure to follow all methods one by one until the error is resolved. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Reboot the Game and PC
First of all, you should reboot the Warzone 2 game as well as the system properly to ensure there is no temporary glitch troubling you. In some cases, cache data issues or system glitches might trouble you a lot. So, try restarting the game to refresh any potential glitches.
2. Check Activision Online Services
The second thing you should do is check out the Activision Online Services Status here to ensure if there is an issue with the Warzone 2.0 service or not. At the time of writing this article, Warzone 2.0 regarding services are active and operational for all platforms. Now, if you’re seeing the service issue at your end then make sure to wait for a couple of hours and try again.
3. Run Warzone 2 as an Administrator
You can try running the Warzone 2.0 game application on your Windows PC as an administrator to allow the User Account Control (UAC) access to the system. Otherwise, you might encounter startup crashes, server connectivity errors, etc. To do so:
- Go to the PC’s installed Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 game directory.
- Right-click on the game application file on your PC.
- Next, click on Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to enable it.
- Once done, click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Make sure to run the game to check for the issue.
You should also run the Steam or Battle.net launcher on the PC by following the above steps to ensure your game client isn’t conflicting with the system permissions.
4. Update Warzone 2.0
An outdated game patch version on the PC can trouble you a lot regarding game launching or connecting to the game servers. You should always manually check for the game update by following the steps below to get additional features and improvements.
- Open the Battle.net desktop app on your PC.
- Click on the COD: Warzone 2.0 game.
- Next, click the Settings menu (cogwheel icon) > Select Check for Updates.
- Wait for the update process to be completed.
- If an update is available, you should download and install the update.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on COD: Warzone 2.0 from the left pane.
- Now, Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Just wait for a while until the update completes.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
5. Verify and Repair Game Files
In some cases, corrupted or missing game files on the system can trigger several issues with the game launching and server connectivity in most cases. So, verifying and repairing the installed game files via the launcher might help a lot. To do that:
- Launch the Battle.net client on your PC.
- Click on the COD: Warzone 2.0 > Now, click on the Settings menu (cogwheel icon).
- Select Scan and Repair > Click on Begin Scan.
- Wait for the repair process to complete it.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on COD: Warzone 2.0 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll need to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, restart your computer.
6. Check the Internet Connection
The chances are also applicable that your internet connection somehow has an issue with slow speed or stability. It’s better to run a speed test of the connected internet online and try playing other multiplayer games. If in case, there is an issue with the internet connection at your end, try switching to a wired (ethernet) connection from Wi-Fi or vice versa to cross-check the issue.
Contact your internet service provider (ISP) to get it checked, and ask to fix the issue. You can switch to a different ISP or upgrade to a higher plan.
7. Power Cycle the Wi-Fi Router
You can try performing the power cycle method on your Wi-Fi router by following the steps below to ensure no temporary glitch with the networking connectivity. Doing so lets you clear out cache data issues with the network to fix the ongoing connection. To do so:
- Power Off the Wi-Fi Router completely > Disconnect the Power Cable from the router and power source.
- Wait for a few minutes, then reconnect the power cable.
- Now, Power On the router > Connect to the Wi-Fi network and check for the issue.
8. Allow Warzone 2 Connection in Windows Firewall
It would be best if you also tried allowing the Warzone 2.0 game program in the Windows Firewall protection by following the steps below to reduce startup crashes, server connectivity errors, etc.
- Open the Start menu > Search for Control Panel and open it.
- Go to Systems and Security > Open Windows Firewall.
- Select Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Now, click on Change settings > Select Allow another app.
- Select Browse > Click to select Call of Duty: Warzone 2.
- Click on Add and make sure to save changes.
- If required, you can reboot the PC to apply changes and then run the game.
9. Contact Activision Support
If none of the methods worked for you, then contact Activision Support for additional help. You can also create a support ticket for the same to get a better resolution asap. Creating a support ticket will help the game developers to investigate the issue deeply.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.