Are you one of the PS4 users and encountering the Watch Dogs Legion PS4 Error Code CE-34878? If yes then you’re in the right place. Here we’ve provided all the possible workarounds that should work for you to quickly resolve the error. So, this particular error code appears on several PS4 games in most cases and players can easily fix this problem. According to multiple affected Watch Dogs Legion PS4 players, the error code starts appearing whenever they trying to launch the game.
Now, if you’re also experiencing the same then don’t worry as the mentioned error code isn’t a new one and occurring for years. Additionally, the particular error can happen due to multiple reasons like networking problems, performance issues, system glitches, outdated game/firmware versions, etc. So, without wasting further ado, let’s get into it.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Watch Dogs Legion PS4 Error Code CE-34878
As this is one of the most common issues for PS4 console users, we can expect that you’ll simply fix this problem by following some of the possible workarounds below. However, keep in mind that simply restart your game and even the PS4 console once to check whether the game is running properly or not.
Additionally, if your PS4 console isn’t performing well or seems slow enough then you should check out the steps to fix PlayStation Lagging or Slowing problems.
Update PS4 Software
It might happen that you are using an older version of PlayStation 4 software. Or if you haven’t updated the game in quite a while, then it might give out an error or two. A new update of any game not only adds new features but also fixes bugs and brings about stability improvement. So it is highly recommended to do so. Follow the below instructions to do it:
- Exit the game and go to the PlayStation home screen.
- Now select the game you were playing and press the Options button.
- Next up, select Check for Update. Wait for some time till PlayStation finds an update and applies it.
- Once that is done, click on the Settings option at the top of the PlayStation screen.
- Select the System Software option and wait for the process to complete.
- When that’s done, restart your PlayStation once. This should fix the Error Code CE-34878-0. If not, then follow the next method given below.
2. Turn off Face Recognition
If updating the game as well as the PS4 didn’t manage to correct your error, then you probably have to disable the face recognition feature. To do so, follow the below instructions:
- Head over to the Play Station home-screen and select Settings.
- Then from the Setting menu, select User.
- Next up, select Login Settings and look out for the Enable Face Recognition option.
- Disable the toggle next to it.
Fixed the Error Code CE-34878-0? If not, then try the next fix which we have mentioned below.
3. Reinstall Original HDD
Have you recently upgraded your Hard Disk Drive in PlayStation 4? If yes, then that might also be the cause of the above-mentioned error code. Therefore, it is recommended to reinstall the original HDD. After doing the same, you should be able to deal with the PS4 Error CE-34878-0 and henceforth fix it. if not, try the next method mentioned below.
4. Initialize PS4
If none of the above methods managed to fix the PlayStation error, then it’s time to initialize your PS4. But before you do so, make sure to make a backup of all the data. once done, follow the below steps:
- Head over to the Play Station 4 home screen and select Settings.
- Next up, click on Initialization.
- Finally, select the Initialize PS4 option.
- Wait for the process to get completed.
- Once done, try running the Watch Dogs Legion game again.
So with that, we conclude this guide on how to fix the Watch Dogs Legion Error Code CE-34878-0 in your PS4. Let us know which of the above methods managed to fix your issue. However, if the error still persists and as soon as you launch any application you get greeted with this error, then please contact PlayStation Support to help you out.