Visual Concepts and 2K Games are doing really well with the newly released WWE 2K22 title as a wrestling video game. It’s also a successor to 2019’s WWE 2K20 or the 22nd installment under the WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw series. It looks like the WWE 2K22 title is somehow Stuttering or lagging a lot on most of the gaming consoles such as PS4, PS5, or Xbox Series X/S Consoles during the gameplay sessions. It becomes quite common these days for console gamers.
As many of the console users are encountering lagging or stuttering issues with the WWE 2K22 game, it’s needless to say that they’re facing frame drops too. It eventually narrows down the gaming experience whatsoever and when it comes to powerful next-gen gaming consoles like PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, stuttering issues are really not expected at all. Now, if you’re also facing the same issue then you can follow this troubleshooting guide to fix it.
- Fix: WWE 2K22 Stuttering on PS4, PS5
- 1. Use Another Graphics Mode
- 2. Reboot the PS4/PS5 Console
- 3. Update PlayStation Firmware
- 4. Update WWE 2K22
- 5. Power Cycle your PS4/PS5
- 6. Keep PS4/PS5 in a well-ventilated area
- 7. Check your TV or Monitor
- 8. Try Playing Another Game on PS4/PS5
- 9. Clear WWE 2K22 Game Data
- 10. Rebuild Database
- 11. Hard Reset your Console
- 12. Don’t Put in Rest Mode
- Fix: WWE 2K22 Stuttering on Xbox Series X/S Consoles
Fix: WWE 2K22 Stuttering on PS4, PS5
Here we’ve shared all the possible workarounds that should come in handy for you. So, it’s better to follow all methods one by one until the problem gets fixed. Although PS4 and PS5 compatible games are quite optimized in terms of gaming performance, having the stuttering or lagging issue is a bit of a pain. Such stutters or lags eventually become one of the reasons for crashes or glitches or server connectivity issues whatsoever. So, let’s jump into it.
1. Use Another Graphics Mode
It’s expected to encounter frame drops in some games occasionally even if you’re using the PS4/PS5 console. Make sure to try using another graphics mode in the game settings menu to cross-check whether the higher graphics settings are conflicting with the system performance or not. Sometimes changing the graphics mode or reducing the graphics quality up to some extent (depending on your need), may fix such an issue.
2. Reboot the PS4/PS5 Console
If in case, you’re one of the PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console users and having issues with the system performance or even the in-game performance then make sure to reboot the PS4/PS5 console to refresh the system. Sometimes a simple restart of the console may fix the issue with the game crashes or lags or stutters, etc.
3. Update PlayStation Firmware
It’s recommended to update the PS4/PS5 system software to avoid graphical glitches or lags. You can follow the steps below to install the update.
- Head over to Settings > Hit System.
- Select System Software > Hit System Software Update and Settings.
- Select Update System Software > Select Update Using Internet.
4. Update WWE 2K22
If you haven’t updated the WWE 2K22 video game on your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console for a while then make sure to update it by following the steps below:
- Turn on your PS4/PS5 console > Go to the Home screen.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on top.
- Head over to the Games tab.
- Scroll down to WWE 2K22 and highlight it.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Finally, choose to Check for Update from the drop-down menu.
5. Power Cycle your PS4/PS5
It seems that sometimes any system glitch or cache issue can cause errors, crashes, lags. By power cycling your console, you can simply clear the temporary cache or glitch to improve the performance.
- First, shut down your console completely.
- Next, remove the power cable from the console.
- Wait for around 30 seconds and plug back the cable in.
- Finally, turn on the PS4/PS5 console and check for the issue again.
6. Keep PS4/PS5 in a well-ventilated area
In some scenarios, your PS4/PS5 console may trigger several issues with the system performance or game lags due to overheating. Sometimes the lack of proper air ventilation in the room may cause hardware stress that directly affects gameplay or gaming performance. So, you should keep your PS4/PS5 console in a well-ventilated place to check if there is an overheating issue or not.
The proper airflow and the cooler place or temperature inside the room might gonna help the PS4/PS5 console to work better. Keeping the console in a congested area or directly under sunlight may trouble a lot.
7. Check your TV or Monitor
Another possible reason behind the WWE 2K22 game lagging on the PS4/PS5 console is that your TV or monitor might have some issues with the screen refresh rate. Maybe there is a temporary glitch or the refresh rate issue appearing on the PS4/PS5 console that may trigger some issues.
8. Try Playing Another Game on PS4/PS5
Sometimes PlayStation games may not run properly which is a bit of a letdown. Make sure to play another game on the PS4/PS5 console to check for the issue or wait for some time to try again.
9. Clear WWE 2K22 Game Data
It seems that clearing out the game saved data on the console may also fix multiple issues with the game launching or gameplay. You can try it out:
- Go to Settings > Select Application Saved Data Management.
- Choose either System Storage or Online Storage or USB Storage > Select Delete.
- Select the WWE 2K22 game > Checkmark the files that you want to delete or just Select All.
- Finally, select Delete > Select OK to confirm the task.
- Once done, reboot your console to check for the WWE 2K22 lagging issue on the PS4/PS5 console.
10. Rebuild Database
Rebuilding the database on your PlayStation console can quickly resolve the potential issues or errors. To do so:
- Switch off your console completely. Unplug the power cable from the console and wait for around 2-3 minutes.
- Now, plug in the power cable, and turn it on to clear the Cached Data automatically from the system.
Check whether this issue has been fixed with the Vanguard game or not. If not, follow the next steps below.
- Now, press and hold the Power button on the PlayStation console until you hear 2 beeps. [The second beep will sound after seven seconds]
- The console will boot in the Safe Mode > Connect the controller to the USB with the console and press the PS Button on the controller.
- Next, you’ll get an option called Rebuild Database.
- Select Rebuild Database and confirm the task.
- It may take some time depending on the hard drive data size. Have some patience.
- Once done, just reboot the system normally.
11. Hard Reset your Console
In most cases, performing the hard reset of your console can fix system glitches or cache data issues from the game itself. To do so:
- Switch off your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console first.
- Once the console is turned off, press and hold the Power button on the console until you hear two beep sounds within a couple of seconds.
- Here you’ll see two reset options to choose from.
- Select the necessary option to reset your PlayStation console.
- Wait for the process to complete and then make sure to sign in to the PlayStation account.
- Finally, install the WWE 2K22 game, and try running it.
12. Don’t Put in Rest Mode
As a bonus method make sure not to put your console in the rest mode because it may cause the system to have glitches or fully goes into the rest mode. So, during the gameplay sessions, don’t put in the rest mode. To do so:
- Go to the PS5 Settings menu > Open the Power Saving tab.
- Select Set Time Until PS4/PS5 Enter Rest Mode.
- Set to Don’t Put in Rest Mode > Restart the console to apply changes.
Fix: WWE 2K22 Stuttering on Xbox Series X/S Consoles
If you’re using an Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S gaming console then you can perform the following methods.
1. Check System Updates
It’s recommended to check for system updates on the PlayStation or Xbox console before getting into any other workarounds. Sometimes an outdated system build can cause several issues. To do so:
- Press the Home button on the Xbox console to open the Dashboard menu.
- Now, select Settings from the bottom of the menu > Select All Settings.
- Choose to System > Select Updates.
- Select Update Console (if available) > Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update process.
- Once done, make sure to restart the console to apply changes.
2. Update WWE 2K22 on Xbox Series X|S
We’ll also recommend you update the game version to the latest patch so that you can get optimized gaming performance on the Xbox Series X|S console.
- Go to the My Games and Apps section of your Dashboard menu.
- Select Manage > Go to Updates.
- If your WWE 2K22 game has any available update, it’ll appear in this menu.
- Choose to begin the patch by heading over the WWE 2K22 game > Press the A button on the controller to start it.
Note: It’s worth recommending to go to the Settings page > Choose to Systems > Select Updates to make your game update automatically whenever the console is connected with the internet.
3. Power Cycle your Xbox Series X|S
Xbox Series X|S console users might also need to perform a power cycle on the console. To do this, power off the console > Unplug the power cable > Wait for 30 seconds and then plug back the power cable in > Turn on the console and check whether the problem is fixed or not.
4. Reinstall the Game
You can also try uninstalling the WWE 2K22 game and then reinstall it on the Xbox Series X|S console so that you won’t face any further problems with the installed game files.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide menu.
- Select My Games and Apps > Hit See all > Choose to Games.
- Then select the Ready to install tab > Select Queue.
- Select the WWE 2K22 game that you’re trying to reinstall.
- Now, press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select Manage game & add-ons or Manage app.
- Choose to WWE 2K22 > Select Uninstall all.
- Make sure to select Uninstall all to confirm the task.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
- Reboot the system to apply changes.
- Then press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide menu again.
- Hit My Games and Apps > Select See all > Go to Games.
- Select the Ready to install tab > Hit Install for WWE 2K22.
- Wait for the installation process and then restart the console.
5. Reset the Console
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to reset the console to clear out system glitches or cache data issues.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide menu.
- Select Profile & system > Go to Settings > Select System.
- Go to Console info > Select Reset console.
- You’ll get a prompt like Reset your console?
- Here you should select Reset and remove everything. [This will delete all user data including accounts, saved games, settings, all installed apps & games, etc]
- Although you can choose to Reset and keep my games & apps, it may not gonna resolve the issue in most cases.
- After you select the option, your Xbox console starts deleting and resetting the system to the factory default settings.
- Wait for the process to get completed then reboot the console.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.