The Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi launched Redmi K20 Pro last year in June strapped with a Snapdragon 855 processor under the hood. The device sports a 4,000 mAh battery that powers its 6.39-inch Super AMOLED FHD+ HDR10 display and its 48MP triple camera setup at the back and a single motorized pop-up selfie cam at the front. Finally, it arrives with Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box and comes in various configurations with up to 256GB of storage and 8GB of RAM.
Today Xiaomi has finally rolled the Android 11 update to the Redmi K20 Pro (codenamed raphael) globally which brings all the Android 11 features and customization. In this guide, we will show you how to install the Android 11 firmware file manually on Redmi K20 Pro.
Android 11 Overview
The eleventh iteration in the Android OS family, Android 11 was formerly known as Android r because Google decided to use the numbering system instead of the alphabetic system. The new OS brings wholesome features such as a new user interface, navigation system, permission system, and so on. Here’s what exactly Android 11 has on board at this moment.
- Scheduled Dark Theme
- ‘Conversations’ Section in Notification Shade
- Built-in Screen Recorder
- Pin Apps in the Share Menu
- Send Images in Notification Replies
- New APIs for 5G
- Reverse Wireless Charging Support (Google Pixel 4a or 5)
- Use Bluetooth Headphones in Airplane Mode
- Scrolling screenshots
- Bubble Notifications on by Default
- New Back Cover Gestures (Likely Pixel-Exclusive)
- Show Refresh Rate
- Power Menu Toggles
- Quick Access Wallet
- New Permissions Options
- Background Location Access Must Be Granted Manually
- Auto-Block Spammy Permission Prompts
- New Scoped Storage Permission
- New Motion Sense Gesture (Pixel 4)
- New Notification History UI
- Increase Touch Sensitivity
- Better Back Sensitivity
- Mobile Drivers License Support
- Changes to BiometricPrompt API
- Improved Call Screening
- Support for Punch Hole & Waterfall Displays
- Disable Vibrations While Using the Camera
- HDMI Low-Latency Mode
- Low Latency Video Decoding
- New Bluetooth Stack
- Separated Quick Settings & Notification Tray
- Music Player in Quick Settings
- Unsupported Bluetooth Codecs Are Now Grayed Out
- Suggested Apps in Home Screen Dock
Download Redmi K20 Pro Android 11 Update
Here you can download the official Android 11 for the Redmi K20 Pro (raphael).
Steps to Install Redmi K20 Pro Android 11 Update
Now, if you’re ready to flash the Android 11 manually on your Redmi K20 Pro device then you need to download the drivers, firmware file, and tools. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get into it.
- This ROM is supported for the Redmi K20 Pro variant only.
- Make sure that your device should be charged at least 50% or higher.
- You will require a PC or Laptop with a USB Data Cable.
- We always recommend our readers take a full data backup of the device for safety purposes.
- Install Xiaomi USB Drivers and Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool on your PC (Fastboot Method)
Firmware Installation Guide:
To install MIUI Flash files on your Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro, we have given two methods, either you can follow the recovery method or you can follow the Fastboot method. A detailed guide on both methods is given down below:
Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. Feel free to ask in the comment below for additional queries.