If you have bought this device and still not received a new update on your device, then this guide is for you. Here, we will share all the latest India Stable ROM for Redmi Note 9.
If you have not received any new updates to the device recently, then follow up on our guide on how you can check for the software update manually. To do that, head to the Settings -> About Phone and Tap on a Software Update to check for the new version for the Redmi Note 9.
Manually Check OTA Updates
Before moving to the guide, we recommend you to first check if the OTA is already available for your device manually. To do that, go to the phone Settings > About Phone > Software update. Additionally, you can perform this task via the Software Updater app directly. If the software version is available, you can grab it.
Firmware Details and Download
Recovery ROM | Fastboot ROM
– MIUI 12. Yours alone.
– New: All-new physically-based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
– New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
– Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
– Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
– New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
– New: Reset your device ID and control how it’s used based on virtual ID technology.
– New: Grant permissions that will be used only while you’re using an app.
– New: You can also grant permissions just once, and decide again next time a permission is required.
– New: Restrict access to telephony to third party apps.
– New: Return blank messages to the apps that require personal information.
– New: Receive notifications whenever apps record audio, use camera, or access your location.
– New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
– New: Get comprehensive stats on how apps use permissions in app behavior history.
– New: Visit privacy.miui.com to learn how MIUI protects your privacy.
– Optimization: Apps aren’t allowed to launch other apps in the background now.
AI Call Assistant
– New: Mi AI can answer your calls now!
– New: You can record a customized greeting that will be played to the other person during AI calls.
– New: Customized greetings are also supported for outgoing calls.
– New: All-new Xiaomi Health gives you more options and makes your health stats more accurate.
– New: Put your device next to you before falling asleep to analyze your sleep cycle and record talking and snoring.
– New: You can sync data with supported wearable and smart home devices.
– New: Xiaomi Health can remind you to stand up and move when it detects that you’ve been sitting down for too long.
– New: The app also analyzes your stats and gives you simple health advice.
– New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
– New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
– New: Mi Ditto combines dictation and speech output, making mobile devices more convenient for people who have difficulties using conventionally designed smartphones.
– New: Traffic and suggested routes to airports and train stations.
– New: You can track your previous trips now.
– New: Checklists for trips.
– New: Alarms for train arrivals.
Mi Carrier Services
– New: View your SIM balance and mobile data usage stats.
– New: Save frequently used phone numbers to top up balance and buy mobile data later.
– New: Buy SIM cards and services.
– New: Promotional messages are grouped according to their content now.
Status bar, Notification shade
– New: All-new design.
– New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
– New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
– New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
– New: Use the floating shortcut to filter and sort items, as well as switch view.
– New: New layout tailored for landscape orientation is available now.
– New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
– New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
– New: You can create folders with notes now.
– New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
– New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
– New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
– New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
– New: Keep your home safe with smart home device alerts.
– New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
– New: Shared family storage plan is available now.
– Some features might not be available on this device. Visit www.miui.com to learn more about MIUI 12.
How to Install MIUI India Stable ROM for Redmi Note 9 (merlin)
Installing the stock ROM or upgrading the MIUI version on Xiaomi devices is comparatively easy. But you should follow all the pre-requirements and downloads below before proceeding.
- Supported for: Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 (merlin) only. The device should be running on stock ROM to apply the update.
- Requires: A PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Backup: Take a full Backup of Phone Data at first to keep the important files safe.
- Charge: Keep your device charged more than 50%.
- Mi Flash Tool – Download and Install it on your PC
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tools on your computer
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers and install it on the PC
Instructions to Install:
We assume that you’ve followed the downloads and requirements properly. Now, you can proceed to install MIUI India Stable ROM on Redmi Note 9. Check out the guide link below along with a video tutorial as well.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
We hope that you’ve updated or installed the latest MIUI version on your Redmi Note 9 (merlin) successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.