Are you using Google chrome browser to run YouTube.? Do you face issues like video stutter or not loading or playback is freezing.? A lot of users do face this issue and in this guide, I will explain to you why YouTube may not be working on Google Chrome and how you can fix it.?
PS5 Youtube Crashing or Not Working Issue | How to Fix?
Fix: Samsung Smart TV YouTube Not Loading or Working
How to Watch Deleted YouTube Videos
How to Fix Chrome Couldn’t Load Plugin Error
Youtube Shorts Time Limit 2022
How to Find Contact, Email or Social Media Details of a Video Creator on Youtube
How To Fix Google Chrome Not Responding Error
Best 5 Ways to Remove Browser Hijacker From Google Chrome
YouTube Search Results Not Showing Up, How to Fix?
Fix: HiSense TV Youtube Not Working / Not Supported Error
Fix: Samsung Smart TV Youtube Lags, Freezing or Loading Slow
YouTube “Show transcript” Is Not Showing Up or Missing
How to Fix YouTube Not Working Issue on Chrome Browser
If the Chrome browser is on an older build then that may cause bugs. That may also cause YouTube to not work. Usually, the Chrome browser updates automatically. Still, you should double-check and manually update the build of the browser operating system.
Also, if you have installed any browser extension and it may have any bugs that may also affect how your browser works. YouTube videos may get affected and you get to face video playback problems.
Update Chrome Browser
- Open Chrome browser
- Navigate to the right-hand side
- Click on the 3-dot button
- From the menu select Settings
- On the left-hand panel click on About Chrome
- If you see Google Chrome is up-to-date then there is no issue in there
- If a new update is available the Chrome will update itself
Note: You can even try restarting the Chrome browser from Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt+ Delete. Then right-click on Chrome browser and select End Task.
Uninstall Buggy Extension
This is a very straightforward trick. You have to manually uninstall one by one extension and check after uninstalling which particular extension YouTube videos started to play smoothly on the Chrome browser.
- open Chrome
- In the address bar type Chrome://Settings
- Press enter
- In the search console type Site Settings
- The appropriate result will be highlighted below
- Click on Site Settings
- Check if the status is set to Allowed
Check your Internet Speed
If your ISP is carrying out the maintenance then the network may be down. In that case, YouTube itself won’t load properly.
Check the connectivity of the router at your home. Also, if there is any external factor like a storm or cyclone, then that may also affect the network speed.
Ask your ISP to provide you with some solutions. You may also try to reset your router and then access YouTube through the Chrome browser.
Disable Hardware Acceleration
To smoothen the performance of hardware and software on the browser hardware acceleration is helpful. Often users complain that hardware acceleration may be the reason why YouTube videos are not loading on the Chrome browser.
Here is how to disable the hardware acceleration on the Chrome browser.
- Open Chrome://Settings
- Type Hardware Acceleration in the search box of Chrome
- In the resulting options, Use hardware acceleration when available will show up
- Click the toggle to disable it
Use Chrome browser in Incognito Mode if YouTube Not Working
This will help you to steer clear of buggy extensions on Chrome. Thus, you can play YouTube videos smoothly on the Chrome browser.
Press Ctrl + Shift + N to open a new incognito window on Chrome
Clear cache of Chrome browser
This will clear the junk files and temporary files present in the browser cache.
- open Chrome://Settings on Chrome browser URL bar
- Type cache in the search bar
- Select the option Clear Browsing Data
- Under the Advanced tab, set the time range to All-Time from the drop-down
- Click on Clear Data [tick all the boxes except Passwords and other sign-in data]
- Restart the browser
Reset Chrome Browser if YouTube is Not Working
If each of the above methods fails then you may try to reset the Chrome browser on your PC.
- Open Chrome://Settings on your browser
- Type Reset in the search section
- From the results, click on Restore Settings to their original defaults
- A dialog box will open that will tell you to confirm your action
- To do so, click on Reset Settings
Note: Remember that by resetting the Chrome browser, Cookies will be deleted, extractions you have installed will be disabled and all the temporary data will be deleted.
Additionally, you may also try to uninstall and reinstall the Chrome browser. It will not be required though in most cases.
So, these are the various troubleshooting methods you can carry if YouTube is not working on the Google Chrome browser.