Discovery plus was introduced in 2021, since its launch the streaming service has soon become the giant of the streaming world. Although no streaming platform is perfect and some minor issues are bound to happen. Since the launch of Discovery Plus, users have been facing several issues including black screen problems, DRM errors, can’t play video errors, etc. In this post, we will discuss some of the prominent Display Plus error codes, why they happen, and what you can do to fix them.
In most cases, the issues with Discovery Plus are due to internet issues. So before you follow this guide, ensure you have a fast working internet connection. Ideally, you will need a minimum of 2Mbps speed to stream shows in 720P format. Other issues including DRM errors, Error Domains, and Video Playback issues are caused due to miss-configuration or server errors which we will discuss in detail below.
- All Discovery Plus Error Codes, Problems, and Solutions
- Internet Connection Issue
- DRM error in Discovery Plus
- AVFoundationErrorDomain-11819 Error (only on Apple Devices)
- Can’t Play Video (For Android)
- Can not Save any Content in MyList
- Too Many Streams – Error
- Discovery Plus application: Crashing
- Streaming Buffer, Freezing or Black Screen
- Discovery Plus Error Code: 500
- Contact Customer Support
All Discovery Plus Error Codes, Problems, and Solutions
In this article, we are going to talk about all the errors and problems you might face in Discovery Plus, and also we will tell you how to fix them.
Internet Connection Issue
Internet Connection issues are quite common these days. First, you need to check whether the internet connection is working by checking it on other devices. For that, you need to play any content on any of the other applications or devices. If your internet is working and you are facing problems only in the Discovery Plus application, follow these steps.
- Close the Discovery Plus application on your device/web browser.
- Clear your device’s cache data by going into the settings (this is for all streaming devices).
- Open the Discovery Plus application again and start streaming.
If you are facing problems with the internet connection, you can contact your service provider for a solution.
DRM error in Discovery Plus
A type of error that is reported by many users, DRM error is faced by users while streaming in the Discovery Plus application. If the content is unavailable for your country region or the HDMI port is not working fine, you can still get this error if you use an older device. Don’t worry, there are certain methods by which you can fix them.
- Turn off your device.
- Unplug your HDMI cable from both the devices you are streaming on TV.
- Turn On your device.
- Plug the HDMI cable back into the TV as well as the streaming device.
- Open the Discovery Plus application and try watching any show again.
- Most of the time, this method removes the DRM error.
AVFoundationErrorDomain-11819 Error (only on Apple Devices)
The AVFoundationErrorDomain-11819 is only present in Apple devices including the Apple TV. This error can be removed by just clearing the error message from the system by refreshing the device.
For Apple TV
- Turn off your Apple TV.
- Unplug your Apple TV as well as the Television from the power source.
- Wait for a few minutes, and reconnect all the cables back into the respective devices.
- Turn On Apple TV.
- Open the Discovery Plus application and see if any content is playing or not.
For iPhone or iPad
- Hold down the side button and one volume button at the same time until the power off slider bar displays.
- Turn off your device.
- Allow the device to be shut down for at least five seconds.
- By pushing the sleep/wake button, you may restart your smartphone.
- Relaunch the Discovery+ app and try again to play the material.
Can’t Play Video (For Android)
Sometimes when you try to play a video, you will get an error message such as “Sorry, there seems to be a technical issue.” don’t worry there is always a fix for this problem. This is mostly found on Android devices. These video playback issues are mostly due to the vibrant color effect or the video enhancer settings. To fix this, follow the below steps thoroughly.
- Close the Discovery+ app on your android device.
- Now, Go to video settings on your android device.
- You will find the video enhancer and vibrant color effect, Disable them.
- Open the Discovery+ app and try to play any content again.
Can not Save any Content in MyList
There are times when you will find difficulty in saving your favorite content into your playlist. If you are facing an issue while saving any shows or content in MyList. Follow these steps.
- Open your profile, or confirm that you are on your profile.
- Close the Discovery Plus application.
- Clear your device’s cache data (this is for all streaming devices).
- Open the Discovery Plus application again and try adding shows to your list.
Too Many Streams – Error
When you try to play any shows on a relaxing day, you may encounter this error. This error is due to the limited number of streams allowed per device. Discovery Plus allows only 4 streams of accounts simultaneously.
If you exceed that number you will get this error. To fix this error, you must stop streaming on one of your devices first.
Discovery Plus application: Crashing
This problem is very common for most applications. If your Discovery Plus application is crashing a lot, you can fix it by following these steps.
- Close the Discovery Plus application.
- Go to settings>My apps>Discovery Plus>Clear Cache Data.
- Reopen your Discovery Plus application.
- Start streaming again.
If your Discovery Plus application crashes again, you can uninstall it and try reinstalling again.
Streaming Buffer, Freezing or Black Screen
These errors are very technical and there is a chance that your device may be faulty. But you can always try these steps and see if the black screen or the freezing issue gets fixed by some troubleshooting.
The freezing issue is mainly due to a weak WiFi network and you can verify if you are having a faster WiFi network or not by doing a speed test on a different device. To fix all these issues, follow these steps.
- Sign out of your Discovery+ account and then back in.
- Close the application.
- Turn your streaming gadget off.
- Restart your router and internet modem.
- Restart your streaming device.
- Relaunch the Discovery+ app and try watching the content again.
Discovery Plus Error Code: 500
You can face Discovery Plus Error 500 when the Discovery Plus server is not running. This is a very rare issue and can be fixed.
- Update your device and keep your app up-to-date.
- Uninstall Discovery Plus and install it again.
- Reconnect with WiFi.
- Wait for it to get fixed.
The 500 error code is very rare and usually gets fixed itself.
Contact Customer Support
If you are facing any errors which are not on the list and you are facing them for the first time. You can always contact customer care and ask them to fix it for you.
In today’s world, streaming errors are very common, in the Discovery Plus application you can get a variety of errors, most of the known errors are listed here. Some errors can only be fixed by the developer’s end. Hope this article has helped you in fixing any of the errors you were facing in the Discovery Plus.