It seems that though Android 12 OS brings plenty of additional features and improvements than its previous generation, there are some bugs or stability issues still troubling users up to some extent. At a Glance widget by Google is good enough for the home screen to provide useful info to the user without opening the individual app. It offers Calendar events, weather, reminder, etc. But what if you’re facing the Android 12 Calendar Not Working Issue.
Well, some unfortunate users are getting issues with the Calendar widget on the home screen after installing the Android 12 update. According to multiple reports on the Pixel Phone Help forum, either the widget for Calendar is missing or it doesn’t work anymore. Fortunately, Google is aware of this bug and it’s recommended to the affected users to submit the feedback report to Google to quickly fix this issue via Settings > Tips & support > Send feedback.
Fix: Android 12 Google Assistant Not Working or Broken
Fix: Netflix / YouTube Not Working After Android 12 Update
Fix: Amazon App Store not working in Android 12
Fix: Screen flickering Issue After Android 12 Update
How to Fix Android 12 TWRP Decryption Issue
Fix: Spotify Crashing, Keeps Pausing or Not Working after Android 12/ 13 update
KineMaster Not Working on Android 12, How to Fix?
Fix: Android 12 Calendar Not Working Issue
Here we’ve provided a couple of possible workarounds that should help you out. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Turn Off Weather from Glance
According to a relevant answer on the Pixel Phone Help forum, there is a temporary workaround to get rid of the issue until Google fixes it completely.
- From the device Settings menu, go to the At a Glance section.
- Turn off Weather widget > So only the date will be displayed on the home screen.
- You cannot remove it but tap on the date, simply open the Google Calendar app.
- Now, you can add one of the Weather widgets from the Google group > Tap on the widget to open the full Weather app.
There are some other possible solutions mentioned below that you can try once to check if that helps or not.
2. Clear App Cache and Data
If you’re using any of the specific Calendar applications on your Android 12 device and somehow the Calendar widget isn’t working then make sure to clear the app cache and data of the app to check for the issue again. It basically removes any kind of potential glitch or temporary data from the device.
- Open the Settings app on your Android 12 device.
- Go to Apps & Notifications > Tap on See all apps.
- Scroll down the list of installed apps and search for the Google Calendar or any other Calendar app.
- Tap on Google Calendar (or any other Calendar app) and go to options (App Info).
- Select Storage & cache > Hit Clear cache and Clear storage.
- Finally, check if the Calendar widget/app works well or not.
Fix: Android 12 Internet Not Working or Available Issue
3. Check Date and Time Settings
It may also be possible that somehow the time & date settings become mismatched than the actual time & date of your cellular network or selected region. So, the chances are high that you’re getting issues with the Calendar app/widget syncing according to your preference. Make sure to check the date and time settings on the device by following the steps below:
- Go to the Settings app on your Android 12 phone.
- Tap on System > Go to Date & time.
- Turn on the Use network-provided time toggle.
- Make sure to turn on the Use network-provided time zone toggle.
4. Update the Calendar app
The Calendar app or widget not working issue may appear on Android 12 running device if the Calendar app becomes outdated enough. So, make sure to update the app first. To do this:
- Open the Google Play Store app > Tap on the three-dots icon at the top-right corner. [profile icon]
- Go to My apps & games > Here you’ll find out the Calendar app if there is an update available.
- Tap on Update next to Calendar app > It’ll automatically install the update.
- Once updated to the latest version, launch the Calendar app, and check for the issue again.
5. Check Google Calendar App Status
You should check out whether the Google Calendar app service is down or not. Some users may find issues with the Calendar app service because it’s down in some regions or there is a maintenance process ongoing in the background. Just visit this link to check the real-time status for all Google apps along with Google Calendar. If you find that there is downtime or outage then make sure to wait for a couple of hours and then check the status again.
That’s it, guys. We assume you’ve found this guide useful. For further queries, you can comment below.