Xiaomi; the Chinese tech giant has been in the market for a long period. The brand now has unveiled its 10th-anniversary special flagships the Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro. Both smartphones come with great specifications except for some downgrades like the 90Hz panel. We have seen the 120Hz panel in the Galaxy S20 series and OnePlus will also use this 120Hz panel in their upcoming OnePlus 8 series of devices. This device has a better camera and faster-charging speed compared to the lower Mi 10.
From this post, you can download and install the latest Android 13 stable update for the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro devices. Now that Google has released the stable build of its latest OS, Android 13, many OEMs are quick to jump on this bandwagon. Going by the track record of Xiaomi, it is no surprise that they have also released an update for their latest flagships. This new MIUI 13 update would bring in a plethora of noteworthy features for the end-users.
To begin with, the new brings in improvements like multi-language support, user privacy, revamped clipboard features, and more. Other than these, there are a few design changes, like an updated media player and support for themed icons to match wallpaper colour. Here are the detailed instructions to download and install the latest Android 13 update for the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro devices.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro Device Overview:
The Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G sports a 6.67 Super AMOLED panel with Full HD+ screen resolution and with curved edges. Sadly this panel only supports the 90Hz screen refresh rate which is lower compared to the 120Hz display on the Galaxy S20 series. This also comes with support for the 180 Hz touch sampling rate. Further, this display can also go up to 1120 nits of peak brightness, and it can have 4096 levels of brightness adjustment and supports DC dimming. It is also capable of HDR10 and DCI-P3. It also has a screen to body ratio of 89.8 percent, an aspect ratio of 18:5:9, a pixel density of 386 Pixel Per Inch (PPI). A contrast ratio of 5,000,000:1, and with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. This panel also features an in-display fingerprint scanner and gets protects by the Corning Gorilla Glass.
Underneath the Mi 10 Pro, it sports the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC which is built on the 7nm process. This octa-core SoC includes a single Kryo 585 core which clocks at 2.84 GHz, other three Kryo 585 cores which clock at 2.42 GHz, and finally four Kryo 585 core which clocks at 1.80 GHz. To the GPU side, it has the Adreno 650 which clocks at 587 MHz. The device has 8GB and 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB and 512GB of UFS 3.0 internal storage.
Coming to the optics department, the Mi 10 Pro sports a quad rear camera setup which is placed in a horizontal setup. Where the three sensors are arranged in the same setup and the fourth sensor and LED flash placed below this. This quad rear camera includes a 108MP Samsung ISOCELL Bright HMX primary sensor with an f/1.7 aperture value, 7-element lens, sensor size of 1/1.33-inch, PDAF, Laser AF, and OIS support. This huge sensor pairs with a 20MP wide-angle lens with a 123-degree field of view and f/2.2 aperture value. Further, it has also a tertiary 8MP telephoto sensor with an f/2.0 aperture value, Laser AF, OIS, and also 10x hybrid optical zoom.
Finally, the device has a 12MP portrait sensor with an f/2.0 aperture value, dual pixel PDAF, and 2x optical zoom. With this camera set up the device will allow its users to capture 8K videos at a resolution of 7,680 x 4,320 pixels just like the Galaxy S20 series. This device can also shoot videos with 2160p @ 30/60fps, 1080p @ 30/ 60 / 120/ 240/ 960fps. It also supports for Triple LED dual-tone flash, HDR, and panorama. To the front, there is a single 20MP sensor with an f/2.0 aperture value. This front camera sits inside the punch hole which is placed to the left of the screen. Further, the DxOMark has awarded the Mi 10 Pro a photography score of 124, which makes this as the best-rated smartphone for photography.
The Mi 10 Pro packs a 4,500 mAh Li-Pro battery which charges over a USB type C port. This device comes with support for a massive 65W fast charging. However, in the box, Xiaomi only provides the 50W fast charger, you have to buy it separately. It also supports for Power Delivery 3.0, Fast wireless charging with 30W, and Power bank / Reverse wireless charging of 10W. This smartphone runs on Miui 11 which runs on top of Android 11. The device is available in two color options namely the Pearl White and Starry Blue.
Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive. GPS with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NFC, Infrared port, 2.0, USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go. Sadly the device has no support for FM Radio and it has no 3.5mm headphone jack. Talking about the audio setup it has stereo speakers and supports 24-bit/192kHz audio. The sensors on this device include the accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, and barometer.
How to Install Android 13 for the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro
Before we start with the instructions, there are a few prerequisites that you need to checkmark. Make sure your device qualifies for all these requirements, as mentioned below:
- This ROM is supported only for Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro
- You need a Windows PC with ADB and Fastboot installed.
- Download Latest Mi Flash Tool and Extract it on your PC.
- Download and Install Xiaomi USB drivers.
- We do not recommend you attempt this process without a battery percentage of 70 or more to avoid any unforeseen shutdowns in the middle of the process.
Download Android 13 Update
You may now download the Android 13 for the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro devices from the below links:
|Software Version and Downloads||Changelog|
|Global Stable ROM:
|Global Stable ROM:
|Europe Stable ROM:
|Europe Stable ROM:
How to Install Android 13 on Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro
Install Fastboot ROM
- Download the MIUI xxxx Fastboot ROM for your Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro
- Now turn your device off completely. Press the Volume– key and the Power button simultaneously to enter Fastboot mode.
- Once you have entered fastboot mode, you will see the Mi Bunny Fastboot mode picture (See screenshot below)
- Now connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable.
- You need to double-click on the downloaded ROM file to extract it.
- Open the extracted ROM folder, and copy its path on the computer.
- To install Mi Flash Tool and Extract the MIUI MI Flash tool on your computer.
- Now click on the installer file on your computer and continue the installation. (Ignore the security warning) and select run to continue the installation.
- After installation is completed, open MiFlash.exe and paste the address bar from the ROM file folder path copied in the 6th step. (You can also browse the folder by tapping the Select button)
- If you have pasted the Address code, Now Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognize the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.
- Your flashing process has started, Now Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version.
Install Recovery ROM:
In a case where you can still access your data partition, or just want to update your firmware using the recovery, the following steps will deem useful.
- Download the ROM file compatible with your device, and rename it to update.zip.
- Transfer it to the root of your internal storage.
- Proceed by booting your Xiaomi device into recovery mode by pressing both the Power and Volume Up buttons together.
- Once you enter the recovery mode, you can navigate using the volume up and down keys, and use the power button to select an option.
- Scroll down and select the “Install update.zip” option, and give your phone a while to do the task.
- Once done, if your phone doesn’t reboot automatically, just navigate and select the “Reboot” option from the recovery.
That’s it. These were the steps to download and install the latest Android 13 update for the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro. Please let us know in the comments section if you still have any queries. Rounding off, here are iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks, which you should also check out.
Which Xiaomi Device Will Get Android 13 Update?