Huawei P9 Lite (VNS) was launched in February 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Here we will discuss the release of Android 9.0 Pie update for Huawei P9 Lite.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
Huawei P9 Lite features a 5.2-inches IPS-NEO LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by HiSilicon Kirin 955 latest chipset clubbed with 3/4 GB of RAM. It has an onboard storage with a capacity of choice 32/64 GB. You can use microSD card with up to 256GB. Huawei P9 Lite sports Dual 12 rear camera with an aperture f/2.2. On the front, the smartphone comes with 8 MP selfie camera with an aperture of f/2.0. The handset runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box. You can upgrade to the latest Stock Android 7.0 Nougat. Huawei P9 Lite is backed by 3000 mAh non-removable battery.
When will Huawei release Android 9.0 Pie update for Huawei P9 Lite?
Huawei is always keen on updating their latest device to a new OS after Google releases it. There is no confirmation whether Huawei will release Android 9.0 Pie update for Huawei P9 Lite. Huawei has not yet announced the ETA (estimated time of arrival), we will keep the post updating. For all Huawei update timeline, you check out the List of Android 9 Pie Supported Huawei Devices.
Currently, there is no Android 9.0 Pie custom ROM available to try on Huawei P9 Lite. So stay tuned to get more info about the update here.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Watch our video to know what’s new in Android 9.0 Pie and top features on it.
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie update for Huawei P9 Lite?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Huawei P9 Lite.
- Supported by Huawei P9 Lite (VNS)
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Unlock The Bootloader on Huawei P9 Lite device
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Huawei P9 Lite.
- Download the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie. [Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer/Contributor Askuccio_DROID]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
Instructions to Install on Huawei P9 Lite:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Huawei P9 Lite.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei P9 Lite:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Huawei P9 Lite.
- Huawei P9 Lite Stock Firmware collections [Back To Stock ROM]
- List of Best Custom ROM for Huawei P9 Lite [Updated]
- How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Huawei P9 Lite
- List Of Supported TWRP Recovery For Huawei Devices
- List of Android 9.0 Pie Supported Huawei devices
- Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0)
Honor 9 lite