On this page, we have shared the download link and guide to install the LG H820 (AT&T LG G5) firmware flash file using the LG Flash Tool. Here you will find all stock firmware zip files for all the supported regions with AT&T LG H820.
If you are someone who wants to restore the device back to factory firmware, then this guide is for you. By using this guide, you can fix certain software-related issues such as hard brick, soft brick, WiFi, or Bluetooth issue, fix lag or stutter or even you can downgrade the device anytime.
- Steps to Install LG G5 H820 Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File)
LG G5 Device Overview:
AT&T LG G5 features a 5.3-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. The smartphone is powered by Quad-core (2×2.15 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo) and Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the AT&T LG G5 comes with Dual 16MP laser autofocus, OIS (3-axis) and LED flash and an 8MP front shooting camera.
AT&T LG G5 runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box upgradable to Android 7.0 Nougat with a Removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0). It also has a Fingerprint sensor on the back. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, WiFi, USB OTG, FM, 3G, and 4G.
The Advantage Of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your AT&T LG G5
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the Bootloop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade AT&T LG G5
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter on AT&T LG G5
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
List of AT&T LG G5 Stock Firmware Collection
|Build Number||Security Update|
|H82020t||March 2018 Security|
|H82020R||January 2018 Patch|
Steps to Install LG G5 H820 Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File)
Here in this guide, we will be sharing the easy method to flash the KDZ file on your AT&T LG G5 H820 handset by using the LG Flash Tool. Before heading over to the flashing guide below, make sure to follow all the requirements properly. Also, ensure to download all the necessary stuff from the links below.
As usual, here we’ve shared a couple of necessary pre-requisites to read and follow properly before jumping over to the firmware flashing steps. These pre-requirements are useful to get things ready which will gonna be useful while flashing.
1. Firmware Compatibility
It’s worth mentioning that this particular firmware file that we’ve provided will gonna only work for your LG G5 H820 model. Don’t try flashing the firmware on other LG models to avoid any kind of bricking or stuck in the boot loop issue.
2. Take a Full Backup
Make sure to take a full data backup of your device before doing anything especially firmware flashing. Sometimes flashing a ROM can delete the internal data or even your data can be messed up during flashing. So, to keep things simple and save your data better, just follow this backup method (without root). Alternatively, if you’ve already installed a custom recovery like TWRP on your handset then you can also take a Nandroid Backup by following this method.
3. Maintain Battery Charge
It’s always recommended to check whether your handset is fully charged or not. Even if it’s not fully charged, just make sure to maintain at least a 50%-60% charge level before performing any task to avoid occasional shutdowns or battery juice run-out issues.
4. Get Ready a Computer and a USB Cable
Before flashing the firmware file on your handset using a flash tool, you’ll require a PC/Laptop and a USB Data Cable to connect your handset to the PC. Once connected, you can flash the downloaded firmware on your device via the flash tool.
5. Download Flash Tool and Drivers:
GetDroidTips won’t be held responsible for any kind of issue that occurs on your phone by following this guide. Make sure what you’re doing and proceed at your own risk. Additionally, make sure to download all the required flash files on your PC before you try this guide.
Firmware Installation Guide:
Without further ado, let’s get into the firmware installation process below.
- We assume that you’ve already installed both the LG USB Driver and LG Flash Tool on your PC. [If not done yet, do this first]
- Next, boot your LG handset in the Download Mode. Just press and hold the Volume Up button of the phone > Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable (Don’t release the volume up button)
- Once connected, you can release the power button.
- Now, open the LGFlashTool.exe file > The flash tool interface will appear.
- Choose CDMA from the Select Type drop-down list.
- Then click on the Select File (folder icon) to browse and choose the firmware file for your LG model.
- So, choose the KDZ firmware file and click on Open.
- Now, click on the Normal Flash option below.
- The Read Phone Information window will appear.
- Just click on the START button.
- Next, you’ll have to choose the language and country from the Select Country & Language pop-up.
- Once done, click on OK to begin the firmware flashing process.
- It generally takes a couple of minutes to complete the flashing process depending on the firmware file size.
- Once the flashing is done, your handset will restart automatically.
- Again booting your device for the first time after firmware flashing can take a couple of minutes.
- Once your mobile is turned on, just disconnect the USB cable from the handset.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide pretty helpful. Feel free to ask in the comment below for additional queries.