It looks like you are using the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro as your daily driver and now facing some issues regarding Mi Account Lock. Well if you have performed factory data reset on your Redmi Note 5 Pro and if you forgot the previously signed Mi account, then don’t worry. Here we will guide on how to remove Mi account or bypass FRP lock on Redmi Note 5 Pro handset easily.
If you bought a second-hand device and you want to create a new account, you may reset the device. Mostly the previous user may not have deleted their Xiaomi Mi account, in that case, you will get the following message “This device may be associated with existing Mi account”. If you don’t have the old Mi Account Credentials and want to bypass the FRP Lock on your Redmi Note 5 Pro, this is the guide where you can rely on.
Before going to the flashing steps and requirements, let’s have a look at the FRP Lock details.
What is FRP Lock?
‘FRP’ known for the term “Factory Reset Protection”. It’s a security measure taken by Xiaomi for Android platforms and devices running on the Android 5.1 Lollipop or above version. This functionality gets activated once you sign in to a Mi Account on your Xiaomi Mi and Redmi device. And once it is activated, it will prevent you from using the phone until you enter the previous Mi Account Credentials. It will remain the same as well even after doing the factory data reset. So, if you have the previous account details then you’re good to go. Otherwise, you have to bypass the FRP lock via Mi Flash tool or Mi Account Unlock tool by tweaking some internal files.
Why Mi Account Unlock Tool?
In order to bypass the FRP / Cloud Verification on Xiaomi Android Devices, we would be using two methods. The first method is using Redmi Note 5 Pro FRP bypass files and the second one is using Mi Account Unlock Tool. But wait, before we get straight to it, we want you to tap on that Forget Password button under the password field on the MI Account Login Screen.
Now, if you are able to reset your MI Account using that button, then congratulations, you don’t even need to use such a tool to bypass the Mi Account Login.
Steps to ByPass FRP Mi Account on Redmi Note 5 Pro
Let us take a look at the prerequisites to remove or bypass FRP Mi Account on Redmi Note 5 Pro. Should we?
- A Windows or Mac PC/Laptop and a USB Cable will require.
- The following file will only work on the Redmi Note 5 Pro. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Mi Flash Tool – Download and install on your PC – For the first method
- Download Mi Account unlock tool: For the second method
- Download FRP files: Download
- Download QD Loader Driver and install it on your computer.
- Download and install the Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Charge phone battery up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a full backup of your device’s internal data before going to the next step.
After following all the pre-requirements mentioned above, now you can follow the flashing steps carefully:
Instructions to bypass using Mi Flash tool:
Follow these instructions carefully to remove FRP Mi Account on Redmi Note 5 Pro device via Mi Flash tool:
- First, make sure to download all the required files from the above downloads.
- Open the FRP File zip and extract it on your computer.
- Now open the Mi Flash tool and copy and paste the FRP file folder URL which you extracted.
- Connect your device to PC using a USB cable
- Once you see the device COM id, you can hit the start button.
- That’s it! Wait for the process to complete. When it is done, your device will remove the Mi Account after the reboot.
If the above method doesn’t work for you, then you may try the next method.
Bypass using Mi Account Unlock Tool:How to Remove Mi Account using Mi Account Unlock Tool
We hope that you’ve successfully bypassed the FRP Lock on your Redmi Note 5 Pro running device. If you’ve any issues or queries regarding this, feel free to write down in the comments below.
Redmi Note 5 Pro Specifications:
Talking about the specifications, Redmi Note 5 Pro features a 5.99-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 processor coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of internal memory. The camera on the Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with 12+5MP and a 20MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0). It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.