Kodi (known as Xbox Media Center) is an open-source media player which is now quite popular and used worldwide. Kodi is available for multiple operating systems and hardware platforms. It uses a software called 10-foot user interface for televisions and remote controls. It allows users to stream or view media contents online or offline mode. Such as videos, music, podcasts from the internet as well as local or network storage media contents. However, there are times we face issues with buffering, low-quality video streaming, and occasional hang-ups. That may be the cache files issue. Here in this guide, we will provide you the steps How to Clear Cache on Kodi on Any Device.
In such cases, clearing the cache files may solve the issue properly on Kodi. Whereas, if you can clear the cache on Kodi on Any Device regularly, it makes Kodi quite fast and responsive too. Here in this article, we will share two possible ways to clear the cache easily.
- What is Kodi? Everything that you need to know
- How To Install Kodi On Fire Stick/Fire TV?
- How to Install Kodi on Windows, Mac, Android, and iPhone
- Top 5 Kodi Alternatives in 2022
- Fix: Kodi Not Working or Crashing On Windows 11
Clear Cache on Kodi (Any Device)
Though the Kodi doesn’t have a preloaded option to clear the cache or remove temporary files usually. There are some Kodi add-ons available that perform well. There are two recommended and popular repositories available called SuperRepo and TVAddons. You can clear the cache on Kodi via using either Merlin Wizard or Indigo add-on easily. You can use these add-ons to clear Kodi cache on Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, Linux.
Method 01: Clear Cache on Kodi via Merlin Wizard Add-on
- In order to download the Merlin Wizard add-on, you need a SuperRepo repository from here.
- Open Kodi and switch to the ‘Add-ons’ tab > then click on Install from zip file.
- Now, navigate to the download folder and select the SuperRepo.zip file. It will install automatically.
- Next, head over to the Add-ons tab again and open Install from Repository.
- Then click on SuperRepo Repositories [Krpton][v7].
- Now, click on Add-on repository > then open SuperRepo All [Krpton][v7].
- Click on the Install option and wait for a few seconds to complete the installation process.
- Go to the Add-ons tab again and open Install from Repository again. Now, open SuperRepo All[Krypton][v7].
- Next, you need to open Program Add-ons > scroll down and find Merlin Wizard.
- Open it and click on the Install button.
- After the installation, click on the Open button > go to the Wizard page > click on Tool Box option.
- You will have to finally click on the Clear Cache option to remove all the cache of Kodi. [The status will change to “Healthy” when the cache will clear]
- Now, choose the Delete Packages and Delete Thumbnails options also.
- Finally, click on the Exit button two times.
You’re done. Now, you have successfully deleted the cache on Kodi.
Method 02: Clear Cache on Kodi via Indigo Add-on
- In order to download Indigo add-on, you need TVAddons repository from here.
- Then open the Kodi and go to the Add-on tab > then click on Install from zip file.
- Search for the downloaded zip file on your PC and open it. [The repository will be installed automatically]
- Again go to the Add-on tab and click on Install from repository.
- Now, open TVAddons repository > open Program Add-ons.
- Next, find the Indigo Add-on from the list and open it.
- Click on the Install button and after the installation, click on the Open button.
- Now, open the Maintenance Tools.
- Finally, click on Clear Cache to completely remove the cache from Kodi.
Hope that this guide will help you a lot. Feel free to comment down below if you have any queries.