In this tutorial, we will check out some known issues and bugs in Snowrunner. The game gives a completely fresh outlook to driving in the hilly and snow terrain. With over 40 vehicles to choose from, including the likes of Ford, Chevrolet, and Freightliner, you are definitely in for a treat. While you’re doing the missions, you will have to go through torrential waters, muds, muds, and lakes. There are also tons of features and modifications to choose from. All this makes the game a little bit more exciting.
However, the game isn’t free from bugs. users are facing some issues while trying to steer their vehicles in hilly terrain. While some users are having issues with their save game files, others are not able to create or join MP sessions. Apart from that, there are other common issues and bugs in the Showrunner that we check out and also list the steps to fix it, wherever possible. So without further ado, let’s begin with the tutorial.
- All Common Issues and Bugs in Snowrunner
All Common Issues and Bugs in Snowrunner
Before going ahead with the guide, it is highly recommended to create a backup of your save game files. PC users could do so by copying the contents of C:\Users\[user]\Documents\My Games\SnowRunner to a different location. On PS4, hit the Options button and select “Upload Saved Data to Network”.
Then head over to Settings and select the Manage Save data option. From there, select the first option Save Data in System Memory, and then select Copy to USB. Then head over to Save Data in System Memory followed by Save Data on USB. Now that you have successfully created the backup, here are all the common issues and bugs in Snowrunner.
“I Lost my Save” Error
- If you are facing the above error while playing the game on your PC, then follow the below steps:
- Click on the Start menu and search for Windows Security.
- Within that, head over to Virus and Threat Protection.
- Now, under Ransomware Protection, click on Manage ransomware protection.
- Next, click on the Allow an app through the Controlled folder access option.
- Then click on Add an allowed app followed by Browse all apps.
- Head over to SnowRunner > en_us > Sources > Bin.
- Finally, select the SnowRunner.exe application from the list and click on the Open button. You may now close Windows Security.
There is also a backup saved game folder on your PC. You could access it from here: C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\SnowRunner\base\storage\sd6f4e86g1d6s1gd5. Do keep in mind that the code, in the end, will be different for different users. Now restart the game and select the Local Save option, when the game asks you to choose between Cloud or Local Save.
The “I Lost my Vehicles” Bug
This isn’t exactly an issue or bug in Snowrunner but seems to be a misunderstanding regarding the game’s retain feature. Here is what happens with the retain function:
- Once you retain a truck, it is then sent to the Inactive Truck List. You could access the same through any garage.
- However, if you don’t retain a truck, then it goes straight to one of the five empty slots in the garage. You could only access these trucks from the garage itself.
- Furthermore, you can’t carry forward the truck of your friends, from multiplayer to single-player mode.
However, even after the above tips you aren’t able to find your vehicles, then contact the Support Team along with your saved game file, located in C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\SnowRunner\base\storage\2e92ac4359e24a6b9441743f8917e395.
Two Players using the Same Router
Two or more players on the same internet router cannot play in the coop as of now. However, there’s a trick that you could. The second player could make use of a Proxy server. As a result, this will trick the game into believing that the player is located in some other region. While the developers are working to fix this issue, in the meantime you could make full use of this tweak.
Winch Issues in Multiplayer
If you can’t winch to any of your friends in the multiplayer mode, then you will have to activate the coop winch in the lobby settings. Check out the below two images for more clarity.
If you are playing the game on your console, then head over to the managing party (Triangle or Y key) and then select Allow other players to winch my truck (using R2 or RT).
Snowrunner Game Crash Issues on PS4
This is one of the most common issues or bugs in the Snowrunner game. Unfortunately, there is no fix as of now. The team is working in a hotfix. Once they can provide the fix, we will update the guide accordingly.
Router NAT mode Issue
If your router is in the strict NAT mode, then you might face issues with the multiplayer mode. This error also stops a player from creating or joining the MP session. In that case, you will have to open the following two ports:
- TCP: 11700-11710
- UDP: 48800-49000
Here is how this could be done:
- Click on the Start menu and search for the Windows Defender Firewall. Next, select the Advanced Security option.
- Open the Inbound Rules option and click on New Rule. This will be situated on the right-hand side of your screen.
- Make the first rule as SR1 and choose the TCP port. Then select the Specific local ports 11700-11710 and hit Allow the connection.
- Likewise, create the second rule as SR2 and this time chose the UDP Port. Select the Specific local ports 48800-49000 and click on Allow the Connection.
- Finally, apply the same above rules to the Outbound Rules’ opening ports.
Vehicle not Available in the US
Again this is neither a bug nor an issue in Snow runner. As evident from the message, it simply states that you can’t buy that truck or vehicle in the US. To fix this, simply head over to a different region in the game and make the purchase.
Game Crash on Touching Water (PC) Snowrunner Bug
This is another issue on which the developers are working on. In the meantime, you make sure that the game has been installed in the same folder where the Epic Launcher is installed. Furthermore, try not to use any of the special characters in the folder names, like the accents or non-Latin alphabets.
Truck Falling through Bridges Snowrunner Issue
If your truck is falling through bridges or driving through objects, then the collision box from the truck and the related goods gets removed. So to correct this Snowruner bug or issue, reload the game from the last saved checkpoint or restart the game altogether. Even then if you facing the issue, then sell that truck and buy it again from the shop. This should restore the collision box. Furthermore, selling and buying the price of the truck is the same, so there’s no monetary loss involved while trying out this fix.
So with this, we conclude the guide on all the common Snowrunner bugs and issues. We have also mentioned their related fixes as well. If there’s any other game-related error that isn’t mentioned in this post, but you are facing it, then do let us know in the comments section below. On that note, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.