Valve Corporation has finally announced Counter-Strike 2 (CS2) as a next-gen tactical action FPS title of the previous generation CS:GO (Counter-Strike Global Offensive). Although CS:GO is still one of the popular video games right now, after the release of CS2 with initial beta testing, it seems that so many players are already diving into it. As Counter-Strike 2 has created so much hype, the chances are high that you’re also one of the victims to encounter the CS2 Connection issue or the Not Connecting to Network issue.
Those who’ve joined the limited beta testing phase are unfortunate to receive multiple issues and bugs due to the lack of stability. With the number of increasing players on the server, the server overload becomes unbearable and players encounter connectivity issues with the network. It might take some time to get better performance and server scalability. But right now, you can follow this guide if you’re also experiencing server connectivity errors.
- Fix: CS2 Connection Issue or Not Connecting to Network
Fix: CS2 Connection Issue or Not Connecting to Network
There is no need to mention that a newly released video game or the early beta testing of the upcoming video game might have multiple bugs whatsoever that we can’t deny. With the release of each passing day and each patch update, the server loading or connectivity issue might become less. According to reports, whenever Counter-Strike 2 players are trying to get into the servers or matches, most of the time they are unable to join servers due to the same errors.
Luckily, there are a couple of troubleshooting methods provided below that should come in handy for you. It’s recommended to follow all methods one by one until the issue gets fixed. Now, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Reboot the CS2 Game
Before going into any other workarounds, it’s always recommended to reboot the Counter-Strike 2 game on the PC to refresh any kind of temporary glitches or cache data issues whatsoever. However, rebooting the game might not help everyone but you should try it once.
2. Check Your Network Connection
You should check your internet connection properly to ensure there is no issue with the network’s stability or speed. A slow internet speed or unstable network can eventually cause several issues whatsoever. If you’re using a wired (ethernet) connection then try using a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection or vice versa to check for the issue. You can also try using a different network to cross-check it.
3. Power Cycle the Wi-Fi Router
Sometimes only rebooting the game or device or switching the internet connection may not come in handy because there might be an issue with the Wi-Fi router. In that scenario, performing the power cycle on your Wi-Fi router can also fix the internet connectivity-related issues completely. To do that:
- Turn off the router first > Once the LED indicators stopped, unplug the power cable from the router.
- Now, wait for around 30 seconds, and then plug back the power cable into the router.
- Turn on the router and check for the server connectivity error.
4. Check for CS2 Updates
If in case, you haven’t updated the Counter-Strike 2 game for a while then make sure to follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest patch (if available). To do this:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Counter-Strike 2 from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update.
- If any, make sure to click on Update.
- Wait for the update to complete and reboot the PC to apply changes.
5. Verify and Repair Game Files
If in case, there is an issue with the game files and somehow it gets corrupted or missing then make sure to perform this method to easily check for the issue.
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Counter-Strike 2 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
6. Clear the Game Cache Data
Usually, all video games store cache data temporarily on the PC inside the game installation folder to run the game smoothly. But sometimes the corrupted or outdated game cache data might trigger several issues whatsoever. You should try clearing the game cache data on the PC by following the steps below.
- Head over to the CS2 installed game directory which should be located at the C:/ drive.
- Open the game installation folder > Delete the cache folder.
- Once done, reboot the game to apply changes.
7. Disable Windows Firewall
The chances are high enough that maybe your default Windows Defender Firewall protection is preventing the ongoing connections or game files to run properly. So, make sure to temporarily disable or turn off the real-time protection and firewall protection. Then you should try running the game to check if the CS2 connection issue or not connecting to the network issue has been fixed. To do this:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Now, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option for both the Private & Public Network Settings.
- Once selected, click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, restart your computer.
8. Don’t Use VPN or Proxy Servers
Try not to use VPN or Proxy servers at your end during launching the Counter-Strike 2 game to avoid any kind of server connectivity issues with the specific game. Using a VPN service might help in some cases to access game servers but that’ll eventually cause server disconnections, server requests timed out, stuck in the queue errors, etc due to higher latency.
9. Turn Off Antivirus Protection
Another thing you can do is turn off the Windows Security protection on your PC by following the steps below. Antivirus protection can also trouble you a lot when it comes to unauthorized access or running game files.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Now, click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to Virus & threat protection > Click on Manage settings.
- Just Turn Off the Real-time protection option.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
If you’re using any other third-party antivirus software then kindly turn off the real-time protection to check for the issue again.
10. Change DNS Server
Last but not the least, you can manually try changing the DNS server to Google DNS so that you can easily troubleshoot the server connectivity errors. Sometimes your private DNS server from the ISP might get blocked or doesn’t run well with game servers across the globe. So, you can follow the steps below to use the Google DNS server address for better reachability and faster connectivity speeds. Some players have found this guide helpful to fix the CS2 Connection Issue or Not Connecting to Network issue.
Please Note: You should write down your existing DNS server address from the screen as a backup. If anything goes wrong, you can change it to the previous DNS address and save the changes.
- Open the Start menu > Go to Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet > Select Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change adapter settings > Right-click on the active network connection.
- Click on Properties > Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCIP/IPv4) in the list.
- Click on Properties > Select Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Enter 22.214.171.124 for the Preferred DNS Server addresses.
- Next, enter 126.96.36.199 for the Alternate DNS Server addresses.
- Once done, click on OK to save changes, and restart the PC.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.