Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) is an online multiplayer first-person shooter video game developed by Valve and Hidden Path Entertainment. It’s the fourth edition in the Counter-Strike game lineup and is available for Microsoft Windows, Macintosh OS, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 in 2012. Though the game has received positive reviews, several players are reporting about CSGO’s Low FPS Drops on their PC and want to increase performance.
If you’re facing the same issue on your PC with frame rate drops and stutters during the gameplay, then you’re not alone. It’s recommended to follow this troubleshooting guide completely to easily resolve such an issue.
- Fix CSGO Low FPS Drops on PC | Increase Performance
Fix CSGO Low FPS Drops on PC | Increase Performance
We’ve provided all the possible workarounds below that should gonna come in handy for you. Just follow all the methods one by one until your problem gets fixed completely. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Check System Requirements
Mostly the compatibility issues with your PC specification may cause such issues whatsoever. So, we’ll suggest you check out the game’s system requirements and your PC specifications properly before jumping to any conclusion. Here we’ve mentioned both the minimum and recommended system requirements for this title.
- OS: Windows® 7/Vista/XP
- Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 processor or better
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Video card must be 256 MB or more and should be DirectX 9-compatible with support for Pixel Shader 3.0
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 15 GB of available space
2. Update Graphics Drivers
It’s recommended to check out graphics driver updates on your PC so games and other graphics-intensive programs can run properly. To do so:
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Access Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the Display adapters category to expand the list.
- Then right-click on the dedicated graphics card name.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If an update is available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change the effects.
Alternatively, you can manually download the latest graphics driver version and install it directly from the official website respective to your graphics card manufacturer. Nvidia graphics card users can update the GeForce Experience app via the Nvidia official site. Meanwhile, AMD graphics card users can visit the AMD website.
3. Switch Between Display Modes
Make sure to switch between fullscreen borderless to windowed bordered display modes or vice versa from the in-game settings menu. It’ll help the game files to run smoothly depending on your screen resolution and PC specifications. You can try it out once. Some affected players got benefitted from this.
4. Run the game as an administrator
You should also run the CSGO game executable file as an administrator to avoid user account control-related privilege issues. To do this:
- Right-click on the CSGO exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
5. Close Background Running Tasks
Sometimes unnecessary background running tasks or programs can also consume a higher amount of CPU or Memory resources on the system, which may cause crashes, lags, stutters, FPS drops, etc., issues. To do that:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open up the Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab > to select tasks unnecessarily running in the background and consuming enough system resources.
- Click on End Task to close it > Do the same steps for all unnecessary tasks.
- Once done, restart your system to apply changes.
6. Stop Background Downloads
The chances are high that you’re trying to download or install other game updates simultaneously, whatever client you’re using. It’s better to pause or stop other background downloads while launching and playing the CSGO game on the client. Once you have finished your gameplay, you can continue downloading games or installing patch updates.
7. Switch to Auto Settings in Video
If you haven’t succeeded in fixing the frame drop issue, then make sure to switch to auto settings in video mode by following the steps below.
- Press the Esc button on your keyboard in the gameplay.
- Now, go to the in-game Settings menu > Click on Video.
- Select Auto Settings > Make sure to resume the gameplay to cross-check whether the frame drops or lags are still appearing or not.
- If the in-game lag or frame drops are still there, select All and try lowering the video settings from the game menu.
8. Set High Performance in Power Options
If, in case, your Windows system is running on the Balanced mode in Power Options, the system and hardware aren’t running to their full potential. You can simply set the High-Performance mode for the intense gameplay for better results. However, the high-performance mode will consume higher battery usage if you’re using a laptop. To do this:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type Control Panel and click on it from the search result.
- Now, go to Hardware and Sound > Select Power Options.
- Click on High Performance to select it.
- Make sure to close the window and fully shut down your computer. To do this, click on the Start Menu > Go to Power > Shut Down.
- Once your computer is turned off, you can power it on again.
9. Contact CSGO Support
If none of the methods worked for you, then contact CSGO’s Support for further help.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.
Fix: Discord Not Working with CSGO
CSGO Best Graphics Settings for 3070, 3080, 3090, 1060, 1070, 2060, 2080, and More
Fix: CSGO Not Using GPU or CPU
Fix: CSGO Voice Chat Not Working
Fix: Steam Deck CSGO Controls Not Working
How To Fix CSGO No User Logon Error
FIX: CSGO Controller Not Working on PC
Best Grenade Spots in CSGO Dust 2