Blizzard Entertainment recently released Diablo IV as an action role-playing video game, the fourth main instalment in the Diablo lineup. After going through the Public beta in March 2023, Diablo 4 is live in Early Access which is the much-awaited action-RPG title in Blizzard’s Diablo series. So, after getting into the early access stage, several players seem to be facing some issues. Meanwhile, some reports claim that Diablo 4 Early Access Xbox Not Working.
So, if you’re also one of the victims of such an issue on your Xbox console, then check out this troubleshooting guide to resolve it. If we take a quick look at the early access issue on Xbox, you should understand that there might be a couple of reasons behind it. Something like the server connectivity issue, internet connectivity issue, Xbox account issue, an outdated game version, an outdated system software, conflicts with the game cache, etc.
- Diablo 4 Early Access Xbox Not Working FIX
Diablo 4 Early Access Xbox Not Working FIX
Luckily, we’ve shared with you possible workarounds to easily fix this issue. Do keep in mind to follow all methods until the problem gets fixed. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Restart the Xbox Console
First of all, you should restart the PC or console manually to ensure there is no issue with the temporary system glitch. Sometimes a normal reboot of the system might come in handy. Not everyone will find it useful but we’ll recommend you try this method.
2. Check for the Xbox Live and Diablo Status
You should check out the Diablo IV server status at your end to ensure there is no issue with the game servers or not. Sometimes any kind of temporary glitch or cache data issue might trouble you with the early access stage. You can visit the third-party DownDetector Diablo Status webpage for further details on the server outage. At the time of writing this article, we can see that there are minor reports claiming login-related issues with the Diablo IV game.
Additionally, you can also try visiting the Xbox Live Status here to check if the problem has been fixed or not. Currently, Xbox Live Status (services) are all up and running well. If in case, Xbox Live Services has some issues, you should wait for a couple of hours, and then check for the issue again.
3. Check the Network Connection
You should check your internet connection properly to ensure there is no issue with the network’s stability or speed. A slow internet speed or unstable network can eventually cause several issues whatsoever. If you’re using a wired (ethernet) connection then try using a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection or vice versa to check for the issue. You can also try using a different network to cross-check it.
4. Update Diablo 4
It’s highly recommended to check for the game update and install the latest version whatsoever. If you haven’t updated your game version for a while then you should follow the steps below to do so.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the menu.
- Now, scroll down to the right > Select Settings.
- Scroll down until you see Updates & downloads.
- Select Keep my console up to date and Keep my games & games up to date to enable the checkbox.
- So, whenever a new update is available, the console will automatically install it.
5. Update System Software
You’re suggested to update the Xbox console software to avoid system glitches or game launching issues. The outdated or corrupted system software can eventually trigger program launching issues as well as smoother gameplay issues whatsoever. You can follow the steps below to install the update.
- Press the Home button on the Xbox console to open the Dashboard menu.
- Now, select Settings from the bottom of the menu > Select All Settings.
- Choose System > Select Updates.
- Select Update Console (if available) > Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update process.
- Once done, make sure to restart the console to apply changes.
6. Clear Cache on the Console
It seems that deleting the installed game-saved data on the console can also fix several issues with the game launching or gameplay. You should try performing this method to check for the issue.
- First, quit the Diablo IV game if already running.
- Then select My Games & Apps.
- Select See All > Make sure to highlight the Diablo IV game.
- Select Manage Game and Add-ons > Go down to Saved Data.
- Choose the Delete All button and wait for it to complete.
- Finally, relaunch the Diablo 4 game to check for the issue.
7. Check Account and Licenses
Make sure to cross-check whether your Xbox account is correct or not. Sometimes issues with the purchase licenses or valid login credentials can also trouble you a lot. Double-check the account and purchase details if the same account has been used while purchasing Diablo 4 or not.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller.
- Go to the My Games and Apps section on your Xbox console.
- Locate Diablo IV in your game library and select it.
- Check if the game’s license is properly installed and activated for your account.
- If not, try reinstalling the game or contacting Xbox support for additional help.
8. Close Background Applications
You can also try closing any unnecessary applications running in the background on your Xbox console. Some applications may consume system resources and affect the performance of Diablo IV. So, just disabling any background services or pausing downloads should come in handy.
9. Reinstall Diablo IV
You should uninstall and reinstall the Diablo IV game on your Xbox console to ensure there are no issues with the Diablo 4 Early Access Xbox Not Working issue. To do so:
- Power On your Xbox console > Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- On the D-pad, press Down to highlight My Games & Apps.
- Press the A button to open My games & apps.
- Select Games to delete a game.
- Use the D-pad to make sure Games are highlighted.
- Press right on the D-pad > Use the D-pad to highlight the Diablo 4 game that you want to delete.
- Once done, press the menu button on your controller.
- Use the D-pad to highlight the Manage Game.
- Press the A button to open the game management screen.
- Use the D-pad to highlight Uninstall All.
- Press the A button.
- Use the D-pad to highlight Uninstall All again.
- Press the A button.
To reinstall an uninstalled game on the Xbox console, you can check the steps below.
- Navigate to Home > My Games & Apps.
- Select Ready to Install.
- Choose a previously uninstalled game or app like Diablo IV.
- Select install.
10. Hard Reset the Xbox Console
If none of the workarounds did come in handy then performing the hard reset of your console can fix system glitches or cache data issues from the game itself. To do so:
- Go to Guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
- Then go to Profile & System > Select Settings.
- Choose System > Select Console Info.
- Select Reset > If prompted, confirm the task to proceed.
- Wait for the console to reset completely.
- Once done, make sure to sign in to your Xbox account.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.