Asus recently rolled the Android 12 beta update for the Asus Zenfone 8 device globally which brings a new revamped UI, new notification style, privacy dashboard, and many more to the table. If you have installed the Android 12 beta and want to downgrade back to Android 11, then this guide is for you.
In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to roll back from Android 12 to Android 11 on Asus Zenfone 8 ZS590KS. This guide is easy to follow, all you need is a computer with a working USB cable to connect your device to the computer.
Downgrade Asus Zenfone 8 from Android 12 to Android 11
First of all, download the appropriate firmware package for your device from the below link. Once that is done, proceed with the instructions steps that follow.
- Supported device: Asus Zenfone 8 Flip ZS672KS
- Make sure to charge your device more than 50%
- You need a PC or Laptop with a USB cable.
- Take a complete backup using any method given below
- Download Drivers: Qualcomm USB Drivers and Asus USB Drivers
Download Rollback Package
- Device: Asus Zenfone 8
- Version: 184.108.40.206
- Android: 11
- Type: RAW Firmware
- Download: Link
Now that you have downloaded the rollback package from the above section, just create a complete device backup before proceeding with the below-mentioned steps. This is because the installation steps require a wipe of the data. Once you have done so, here are is everything you need to be aware of regarding the downgrade of Asus Zenfone 8 from Android 12 Beta to Android 11.
- First of all, download the Asus Zenfone 8 Flip ZS672KS RAW firmware zip file and extract it on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and it should contain the flashing script, full RAW firmware files, and Android Tools.
- Turn off your Asus Zenfone 8 Flip.
- Enter the fastboot mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up and Power keys simultaneously.
- Once your phone is powered off, hold the Volume Up and Power keys together to enter Fastboot Mode.
- Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Look for the ‘flashall_AFT.cmd‘ file and double click on it to launch the flashing script.
- When the script started reading in the command prompt (CMD) window, you have to wait until the process gets completed.
- Once the installation is completed, your device will reboot automatically to the new update.
So this was all from this guide on how to downgrade or rollback from Android 12 Beta to Android 10 stable build on your Asus Zenfone 8 devices. The first boot after the rollback could up some time, this is completely normal. Since a device reset has been taken place as well, you might have to set it up from scratch. Rounding up, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that deserve your attention too.