Here in this article, we will share with you the steps to Download and Install AOSP Android 10 update for Honor 9 Lite [GSI Treble] along with the required links and pre-requirements below. The Honor 9 Lite also known as Honor 9 Youth Edition which was released back in 2017 with Android 8.0 Oreo. Though the handset has received the Android 9.0 Pie update based on EMUI 9.1 skin in mid-2019, there is no official confirmation on the latest Android 10 update yet. If you’re using the Honor 9 Lite and want to get a taste of the newly launched Android 10 update, follow this full guide.
Due to the Project Treble support by Google, it’s now possible to receive faster software updates on Android phones. Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer phhusson for developing the AOSP Android 10 GSI which is now available to install on any Project Treble supported devices. All the Android 8.0 Oreo or higher devices support Project Treble.
The Generic System Image (GSI) is a system image that is a Pure Android implementation with raw AOSP code, runnable on Project Treble devices. That means you don’t have to wait for the official software update and even if your phone doesn’t support the latest update, don’t worry. Now, without further ado, let’s take a look at the device overview and then the GSI installation process.
Honor 9 Lite Specifications
It has a 5.65-inches IPS LCD display with Full-HD 1080×2160 pixels resolution. The device is powered by the HiSilicon Kirin 659 SoC, coupled with Mali-T830 MP2, 3GB/4GB of RAM, 32GB/64GB of internal storage. It has the dual rear camera setup of a 13MP primary sensor and a 2MP secondary depth sensor along with an LED flash, HDR, Panorama, etc.
There is a dual selfie camera available on the front side of a 13MP + 2MP depth sensor. It packs a 3,000mAh battery with a 3.5mm headphone jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, MicroUSB 2.0 port, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, etc. While the device features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, proximity, an accelerometer, and a compass sensor.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices. You can expect that most of the features will be available on AOSP Android 10 update for Honor 9 Lite.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Steps to Install AOSP Android 10 update for Honor 9 Lite
First, you have to unlock the device bootloader in order to flash any Custom ROM. But going to the process. let’s take a look at requirements and download links first.
Pre-Requirements: AOSP Android 10 update for Honor 9 Lite
- You need to unlock the bootloader at first.
- Download the required Android 10 GSI ROM file and Android 10 GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install: AOSP Android 10 update for Honor 9 LiteGuide to Install Generic System Image (GSI) on Your Android Device
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM on your Huawei Honor 9 Lite handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.