DS4Windows is pretty much the best way to connect your PS5 controller to your PC and enjoy all the games in the world at your disposal. Also, this is an open-source gamepad system that is designed to connect the PlayStation controller (DualShock 3/4 and DualSense 5) to Windows PC. Through DS4Windows, you’ll be able to play games on Bethesda, Steam, Origin, epic games, and much much more.
However, talking about Windows, then Microsoft recently launched the latest Windows 11 for their users. The new update brings many new features with it. Moreover, the DS4Windows is designed for Windows 10 PC users, but now you can use it if you have upgraded your PC to a new Windows 11.
Nevertheless, it looks like things aren’t going well for the users. For many users, the DS4Windows isn’t working as the Windows 11 PC is not detecting the controller. However, on the basis of my own research, I’ve determined some potential causes behind this along with their fixes, and guess what? All the fixes I’ve mentioned here in this guide. Therefore, make sure to read and perform each method we have described below.
- How To Fix DS4Windows Not Detecting Controller on Windows 11
How To Fix DS4Windows Not Detecting Controller on Windows 11
If you are a gaming freak guy, then most probably you know about DS4Windows. This means I don’t have to explain this broadly. But, in a nutshell, this is an open-source gamepad portable program that allows you to connect your PS4 controller to your Windows PC in order to play games using that controller. Unfortunately, now for some time, users complaining about this issue. Therefore, now the wait is over. So, now let’s see the methods that we have described below. But, before that, let’s take a look at what are the basic reasons behind this error.
- The recent Windows 11 update may contain bugs and glitches.
- Malfunctioning of DS4 controller device drivers.
- DS4 Windows may accidentally get disable the controller.
- Interference of firewall of your Antivirus.
Method 1: Un-Installing & Reconnecting DS4 Controller
In case of malfunctioning of DS4Windows due to which your Windows 11 PC is not detecting controller, many users find this method effective. However, we also think that this has the potential to fix this issue. So, we highly recommend you try uninstalling and reconnecting your DS4 controller on your Windows 11 PC. However, in case you don’t know the exact settings where you have to go, then follow the guideline that we have mentioned below:
- Firstly, press and hold the Win+R key simultaneously to open the Windows 11 Run prompt window.
- After that, search for the control panel.
- Then, hover over to the Hardware and Sound section and click on the Devices and Printers from the list.
- Now, reconnect your DS4 Windows Controller again. This will pop-ups a gamepad icon on the screen. So, right-click on that and select the Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- After that, simply switch to the Hardware tab in the properties window and double-click on the HID-compliant game controller option.
- Then, switch to the Driver tab again and click on the Uninstall Device. That’s it. Now, this will uninstall the controller from your PC.
- Now, finally, open the DS4Window on your PC and reconnect your controller to enjoy your favorite game again using the controller.
Method 2: Uninstalling Windows Update
As we have stated before, there are possibilities that the last Windows update may contain some bugs and errors due to which this issue occurs. So, in that case, rolling back to the previous version or uninstalling the recent Windows update will help you fix this error. Therefore, let’s take a look at the steps that will surely help you:
- Initially, press the Win+I key simultaneously to open the Windows Settings.
- Then, click on the Update and security and hover over to the Windows Update.
- After that, click on the View installed update history, and in the next window, click on the Uninstall updates.
- Now, from the opened list, select the Update, after which you are started getting the error, and hit the Uninstall button. Then, reboot your PC.
Method 3: Re-Enabling DS4 Controller
Did you try re-enabling your DS4 controller? If not, then we recommend you try this out. Many users previously reported that this has the potential and helped them fix if the DS4Windows are not detecting controller in Windows 11 PC. So, you must try this out once. However, here are the necessary steps that you have to perform to re-enable the DS4 controller:
- Firstly, open the Run prompt box by pressing the Win+R key simultaneously.
- After that, click on the Human Interface Devices option and double-click on the HID-compliant game controller.
- That’s it. Now, enable it and check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Method 4: Scanning for Hardware Changes
It is possible that recently you have uninstalled or reinstalled any device driver, due to which sometimes your Windows 11 PC fails to recognize the new devices that are trying to make a connection with your PC. So, in that case, you have to scan for that device to again make the connection between them.
On the other hand, there is a number of cases where users find this fix really helpful. Therefore, you can also try this out and let us know whether this helps you or not. Meanwhile, if you don’t know how to do this, then simply follow the steps we have mentioned below:
- First of all, open the Run prompt box by pressing the Win+R key simultaneously.
- After that, search for the devmgmt.msc.
- Then, click on the Scan for hardware changes and wait until it gets completely scans your PC to know the errors.
Method 5: Uninstalling Driver & Setting DS4 Windows Up
Another method that has the potential to fix is your DS4Windows not detecting the controller on Windows 11 PC. This is the easiest way to get rid of this issue. However, nothing to worry about in case you are not familiar with how to uninstall the driver and set up DS4 Windows on your PC. Yes, we are here to help you, so make sure to follow the steps mentioned below, as these steps will surely help you out. So, let’s take a look at them:
- First of all, you need to download the Remote Play App for your Windows 11 PC.
- After that, open the Run box and search for Devmgmt.msc.
- Then, locate the Lib32 Wireless Drive and right-click on it.
- Now, hit the Uninstall Device from the opened drop-down menu.
- After that, using a USB cable, you need to connect your DS4 controller to your Windows 11 PC and let your PC install the required drivers.
Now, check if the Remote Play App is now working correctly or not. If not, then follow the steps further.
- Firstly, you require to disconnect your controller and download DS4Windows for your PC.
- Then, follow the on-screen guidelines to install it and connect your controller to your PC. Then, check if it gets recognized now.
- Also, you can tick mark the box located in front of the Hide DS4 and uncheck the Swipe touchpad to change the profile option.
That’s it. Now, most probably, the DS4Windows not detecting controller on Windows 11 issue get fixed. However, if the issue still appears, follow the next method in a very unfortunate situation.
Method 6: Disable Your Antivirus
Most of the time, users tell us that the above-mentioned methods won’t work for them and when we brainstorm with the situation. We have found that this is just because your Antivirus prevents the controller from making a connection with your Windows 11 PC. So, in that situation, disabling it will be the right choice for you. So, here are the guidelines that you need to follow to disable your Antivirus:
- First of all, open the Windows Settings app on your PC and navigate to the Privacy & Security > Windows Security.
- Then, click on Open Windows Security, followed by Virus and Threat Protection.
- After that, tap on the Manage Settings link and toggle the button located in front of the Real-time Protection.
So, that’s all we have for you on how to fix if DS4Windows are not detecting controllers on Windows 11. We hope this guide has helped you. However, in case you still have any doubts regarding the methods we have discussed in this guide, please let us know.