Genshin Impact is the latest role-playing game that has been recently released worldwide in September. This is a free-to-play action game that has been developed and published by miHoYo. The game is available across platforms like Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Android, and iOS. The Genshin Impact has received rave reviews by popular gamers and has been trending ever since its launch. Genshin Impact features an open world, which the players can explore by walking, climbing, etc.
Players can control up to four characters and each character has two unique combat skills: a normal and a special skill. Each Genshin Impact character has control over seven natural elements, i.e. Cryo, Dendro, Pyro, Hydro, Anemo, Electro, and Geo which is ice, life, fire, water, air, electricity, and earth, respectively. The premise of the game is basically you have to go through several challenges to find your lost sibling.
And each character joins the main character during the journey, possessing unique abilities. However, the game has recently started to experience a connection failed error in Genshin Impact. This time the connection is the culprit and showing up errors. In this post, we will talk about how you can fix the Genshin Impact connection failed error. So, with that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
How To Fix Genshin Impact Connection Failed Error?
Well, before we go ahead and check for the solutions that will fix this error, let us take a look at why this error is occurring in the Genshin Impact game in the first place. Note that the game has been released very recently. So network errors and server errors will be a thing during its initial phase. The connection failed error occurs when there is a problem with your internet connection or there is an issue with the server of the game. Good thing is that there are several workarounds that you can follow to fix this issue.
Moreover, the game’s free-to-play nature also gives a boost to the player’s count during the initial days. So, these hiccups will be there until the developers of the Genshin Impact deduce a solution for this. There are several reports where users have reported not being able to play while their friends have access to the game. If you are also experiencing this issue, then your best bet is the following below fixes:
- Use WiFi: The best thing that you can do, if not already doing is to play the game on WiFi.
- Keep the game updated: Make sure the game is up to date if any update is available.
- Unblock the game on Windows Firewall: Many times the game is blacklisted inside the Windows Firewall blocking the game from opening altogether. In this case, you should unblock the game from the Windows Firewall. And to do that, simply;
1. Search for the Firewall after pressing the Windows button on your keyboard.
2. Select the option Allow the app through firewall.
3. Then in the Allow the app through firewall option, select Change Settings.
4. After that press Allow another app.
5. Select Browse and you need to locate the folder where you have installed the game and select its game launcher app.
6. Click open and then select Add.
7. See if that helps.
- Change the server: In most cases, the server itself faces difficulty when there is a surge in the number of players on a particular server. So, it is better advised that you should try changing the server from within the game and preferably use Asia.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you were able to fix the Genshin Impact not able to connect issue on your PC or any other device. Note that there is no permanent fix available for this issue and you can try out any of the above-mentioned workarounds for the time being till the servers are fixed.
In the meantime, if you liked this content and want to read more content, for more such awesome coverage, you can head over to our check out our Windows Guides, Gaming Guides, Social Media Guides, iPhone, and Android Guides to read more. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for awesome videos related to Android, iOS, and Gaming. So, until the next post…Cheers!