Halo Infinite is a 2021 first-person shooter video game, developed by 343 Industries and published by Xbox Game Studios that’s finally available with Xbox Game Pass for both PC and Xbox. Although the campaign is available, plenty of players are experiencing issues with the Halo Infinite Campaign Not Working while downloading it. Mostly this particular issue is happening to PC users right now. If you’re one of them, we’ve mentioned some possible ways to fix it.
It seems that several affected Halo Infinite players are unable to load and get into the campaign whatsoever. It basically prevents players from enjoying the game no matter whether they’re trying to play the game via Steam or Xbox Game Pass. Some reports are suggesting that issues with the game files or patch version or any kind of temporary glitch can easily trigger the campaign not working issue on the PC that can be fixed manually.
How to Change Name (username) in Halo Infinite
Fix: Halo Infinite Unable to Start Dedicated Server Error
Best Halo Infinite Mods For PC
Fix: Halo Infinite Not Launching on PC
Fix: Halo Infinite Screen Flickering or Tearing Issue on PC
Fix: Can’t Purchase Credits in Halo Infinite
FIX: Halo Infinite Controller Not Working on PC
- How to Fix Halo Infinite Campaign Not Working
How to Fix Halo Infinite Campaign Not Working
Luckily, here we’ve provided a couple of possible workarounds that should gonna help you out. So, without wasting further ado, let’s get into it. You can also check out our video tutorial below.
1. Reboot the Game
Make sure to restart the Halo Infinite game on your PC to fix the issue related to the glitch or cache data. So, it’s better to reboot the game once.
2. Restart the Device
Additionally, you can try restarting your device to clear out several system glitches that may cause issues with the game files. Though this step may not come in handy for everyone, you should try it out.
3. Verify Integrity of Game Files
It’s always recommended to verify the integrity of game files to fix missing or corrupted data (if any). The best part is that the Steam client will do the job for you automatically. You’ll just need to follow the steps below:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Halo Infinite from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
4. Disable Steam Overlay for Halo Infinite
Make sure to turn off the Steam Overlay option for Halo Infinite from the Steam desktop client by following the steps below:
- Open the Steam desktop client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Halo Infinite from the left pane > Click on Properties.
- Under the General section, make sure to uncheck the ‘Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game’ checkbox. [It’ll disable the option]
- Now, try running the Halo Infinite campaign again.
5. Clear Steam Download Cache
You should also try clearing the Steam download cache from the client itself to resolve the download-related issues or glitches with the game files (if any). Sometimes an interrupted game download can conflict with files and it may not run properly. So, clearing the download cache of the client is necessary. To do this:
- Open the Steam launcher > Click on the Steam tab from the top-left corner.
- Now, click on Settings > Go to the Downloads section.
- Click on Clear Download Cache > If prompted, click on OK to confirm the action.
- Finally, click on OK to save changes and restart the Steam client.
6. Set Custom Graphics Option for Halo Infinite
You should also set a custom graphics option for the Halo Infinite game on the PC with High-Performance mode by following the steps below:
- Press the Windows + I keys to open Settings > Click on System from the left pane.
- Now, go to Display > Click on Graphics > Click on Browse.
- Head over to the installed Steam directory and select the HaloInfinite.exe application file to the list with High-Performance mode.
This method can also resolve the game launching or connecting to the server-related issues whatsoever.
7. Update Display Driver
Multiple reports are suggesting that simply updating the graphics driver on your Windows PC can fix plenty of issues with the games or applications whatsoever. The latest graphics driver can easily resolve multiple issues with the game launching or graphical glitches, etc. To do so:
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Access Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the Display adapters category to expand the list.
- Then right-click on the dedicated graphics card name.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change effects.
8. Update Halo Infinite
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library > Click on Halo Infinite from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- It may take some time to install the update > Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again.
9. Reinstall Halo Infinite
It seems the above methods didn’t work for you and you’re still facing the campaign not working issue on your Windows PC. Therefore, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Halo Infinite game on your Steam client to check for the issue. If there is an issue with the game files, reinstalling will fix the problem completely. To do that:
- Open the Steam client > Head over to Library.
- Right-click on Halo Infinite from the left pane > Go to Manage.
- Click on Uninstall and Select Uninstall again from the confirmation dialog box.
- Now, wait for the uninstallation process to be completed.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to change effects immediately.
- Finally, launch the Steam client, and go to Store > Search for Halo Infinite and Install it again.
- Wait for the game to download and install as it may take some time.
- Once done, you’re good to go.
10. Contact Halo Support
If none of these workarounds worked for you, then make sure to contact 343 Industries for further help. You can also go to @HaloSupport for help or Halowaypoint. By providing useful details to the support team, developers can be able to fix this issue as early as possible.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.