Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro launched in July 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and later upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie. Here we have shared the guide on how to repair and fix IMEI number on Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro.
The IMEI number is a unique identification or a serial number for all mobiles that comes out-of-the-box. It’s 15-17 digits serial number that identifies GSM phones due to SIM swapping. Therefore, an IMEI can track a phone’s hardware around the world. Keep in mind that all the IMEI numbers are very unique for each and every mobile device. But if in case, your device has null or invalid IMEI, you should fix it.
How to Install Official TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro and Root it
List of Best Custom ROM for Redmi 6 Pro [Updated]
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Firmware Flash File
Download and Install AOSP Android 12 on Redmi 6 Pro (sakura)
V126.96.36.199.PDMMIXM: MIUI 188.8.131.52 India Stable ROM for Redmi 6 Pro
If your device doesn’t have the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number, the carrier network won’t work on your device as well. The same thing happens with each dual SIM or higher SIM slot devices also. Each and every SIM slot are registered with a unique IMEI number and can be checked by typing *#06# on the dial pad of your phone and it will automatically show up the number.
Redmi 6 Pro: Device Overview
Talking about the specifications, Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro features a 5.84-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 2/3/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB of internal memory. The camera on the Redmi 6 Pro comes with Dual 12+5MP and 8 MP front shooting cameras. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0). It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
Steps to Repair and Fix IMEI number on Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro
Some times due to software issues or after flashing any custom firmware, your device may get corrupted or bricked. Similarly, the device IMEI number can also become invalid or removed which is quite unfortunate. Here we will share the QCN Rebuilder tool guide to restore IMEI number on the Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro device. QCN Rebuilder is a free tool to restore IMEI on any Xiaomi or Redmi devices.
Now, let’s check out the download links and requirements below.
- Download Flash tool: QPST or QFIL Tool
- Download QCN Rebuilder
- Redmi 6 Pro QCN File (zip) – Link
- This guide and QCN file are for the Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro model only.
- Your device should be charged up to 50% at least.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Keep a full backup of the device data before doing anything.
- Enable USB Debugging. Check the video guide.
- Download all the files and tools from above.
IMEI Rebuilding and Restore Guide
- After downloading, install and run the QCN Rebuilder tool on your PC.
- Click on Open file and select the Redmi 6 Pro QCN file.
- Now, replace the IMEI with the original IMEI number.
- Click on Rebuild.
- Next, connect your phone to a PC using a USB cable.
- Open dial pad on your device and type this code *#*#717717#*#* to enable diagnostic mode.
- If the above code doesn’t work, use CMD on your PC by following the commands below.
adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config rndis,diag,adb
- Then run the QPST tool on your computer.
- Click on the Restore tab > select the rebuilt QCN file > click on Restore.
- You’re done.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful for your Redmi 6 Pro. If you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.