The Notes app is one of the most important applications of an Apple device. You can use it to save lists, write down your thoughts, or even your important college notes. Additionally, you can also use the application to briefly put down scanned documents images links, and even sketches. But many users have reported the notes crashing problem on the latest iPhone series, iPhone 13. To be more precise, users have reported the Notes app crashing on iPhone 13, 13 Pro, or Pro Max.
The problem is mainly occurring in the latest iOS update. On one hand, the update comes with a lot of improvement, in terms of functionality and usage for the pre-installed applications. Whereas, on the other hand, it is causing various problems to the application due to internal iOS or app issues.
Nevertheless, whatever the cause may be, is there any effective way to fix the problem? Fortunately, there is and this post is all about that. Here, we are going to talk about how to fix the Notes app crashing on iPhone 13, 13 Pro, or Pro Max. So, without any further delay, let’s get straight into the topic.
- Reasons Why Notes App Crashing on iPhone 13, 13 Pro, or Pro Max
- Fix: Notes App Crashing on iPhone 13, 13 Pro, or Pro Max
- Final Words
Reasons Why Notes App Crashing on iPhone 13, 13 Pro, or Pro Max
There can be multiple reasons why the Notes app is crashing on the latest iPhone series. But among all, below are some of the top culprits causing the problem.
- If you haven’t updated the Notes app for a long time, then you are most likely to face the crashing issue.
- An outdated iOS update can also initiate the crashing problem on the latest iPhone series.
- Lastly, a corrupt or damaged file can also cause the mentioned problem.
Now that you are aware of all the reasons causing the issue, let check out how to fix them, one by one.
Fix: Notes App Crashing on iPhone 13, 13 Pro, or Pro Max
Doesn’t matter how technical the reasons may sound, it’s a cakewalk to get rid of them. So, here are different workarounds you can try to fix the Notes app crashing problem.
Fix 1: Check for iOS Update
Apple is very active when it comes to releasing iOS updates. And especially, if they get to know about any problem going on with their built-in app.
Frankly speaking, I was also facing the Notes app crashing problem on my iPhone. But the issue got fixed for me, just by downloading the latest iOS update. Currently, the latest iPhone series is running on iOS 15.2.1. So, if you have any previous iOS version installed on your device, you will have to update it to the latest one right away to fix the problem. To do so, below are the steps you need to follow.
- Click on the “Settings” app on your iPhone 13 device.
- In the settings menu, go to the “General” option.
- Click on “Software Update”.
- Now the device will look for any available update. As mentioned, the latest iOS version is 15.2.1.
- Click on “Download and Install” to start downloading the update.
- One’s the update is downloaded, click on the “Install” option.
After you have updated your device to the latest iOS version, check if the problem is fixed or not. If yes, you are good to go. However, in case the problem continues, move on to the next workaround.
Fix 2: Download Latest Notes Update
If you are using an outdated Notes app version, then also you are most likely to face the crashing problem. So, to get rid of it, you will have to update the app with its latest version. To do so, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Go to the App Store on your iOS device.
- In the search bar, type “Notes” and press “Search” from your keyboard.
- In case, if there is any available “Update”, you will get the update option in the “Notes” window itself. Click on it to update the application.
Now to be on the safe side, restart your device. Re-launch the Notes app on your iPhone 13 series and check if the crossing problem is fixed or not.
Fix 3: Disable Notes from iCloud
Similar to Google Drive, iCloud is the official cloud storage option for all iOS devices. You can use it to maintain a backup of all your crucial stuff, including the important documents you have uploaded on the Notes app. But in case, if there’s any problem going on in the backup or restoration process, then you are most likely to face the mentioned problem.
To fix this, you will have to remove the Notes app from iCloud. Here are the steps you need to follow to do so.
- Head over to the “Settings” menu on your iOS device.
- Click on your initials.
- Tap on the iCloud option.
- Here, you will find all the applications that are being backed on iCloud.
- Locate the Notes app and toggle it off.
- In the confirmation box that pops up, click on “Delete from iPhone”.
Now restart your iPhone 13 series, and come back to the same window. Enable the Notes app, and check if the crashing problem is fixed or not.
Fix 4: Clear the Background Apps
Considering the A15 Bionic chipset of the iPhone 13 series, it’s very hard to believe that keeping a lot of applications open in the background can cause the crashing problem on the Notes app. But to be on the safer side, you can try clearing all the background running applications to fix the crashing issue. To do so, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Swipe up from the bottom on your iPhone 13 series to open the “Recent” task window. It contains all the applications that are running in the background.
- Again, swipe up all the background running applications to clear them from the device’s temporary memory.
Now launch the Notes app and check if you are still facing the crashing problem. If yes, move to the next workaround.
Fix 5: Change App Restrictions
If you have restricted the Notes app on your device then you are most likely to face the crashing problem. Although that will open efficiently, but it may result in different problems including the crashing issue. To fix the problem you will have to change the app restriction settings. Here are the steps you need to follow to do so.
- Navigate to the “Settings” menu on your iOS device.
- Click on the “Screen Time” option.
- Tap on “Content and Privacy restriction”, and turn off the toggle.
Now restart the device and check if the problem is fixed or not.
Fix 6: Clear Device Storage
If you have purchased a low storage variant of the iPhone 13 series, then it won’t take long to fill it up. And if this is the case, then you are most likely to face the crashing problem because of low storage. To fix the problem, you will have to clear the device storage.
Here are the steps you need to follow to do so.
- Open the “Settings” menu on your iOS device.
- Now, navigate to General > iPhone Storage.
- In case you notice that your device is out of storage, you have to clear all the necessary stuff.
Once you are done with all these, check if the problem is fixed or not.
Fix 7: Reset Device
If none of the above-mentioned workarounds helped you in solving the problem, the last thing you can do is reset your device. But make sure you are only following this method if the Notes app is very essential for you.
Nevertheless, here are the steps you need to follow to reset any of the iPhone 13 series devices.
- Navigate to Settings > General.
- Click on the “Transfer or reset iPhone” option present at the bottom of the screen.
- In the following window, click on the “Reset” option to begin the process.
Once you have reset your iPhone 13 device, launch the Notes app and you will notice that you are no longer facing the crashing problem.
This was how to fix the Notes app crashing on iPhone 13, 13 Pro, Pro Max issues. Let us know in the comment whether the problem was fixed or not. You can also suggest any other workaround that you think will be helpful in the situation. Moreover, feel free to check our other iPhone guide to resolve different problems revolving around the smartphone.