With Sony Smart TVs, users can enjoy entertainment from the comfort of their homes with excellent picture quality and a wide range of excellent features. There have been reports of Sony Smart TVs that do not show apps, which can be frustrating, especially if you are trying to access streaming services. To fix your Sony Smart TV not showing apps, read this article.
Why Does Sony Smart TV Not Showing Apps?
It is possible that apps won’t appear on your Sony Smart TV for a variety of reasons, including:
- You may experience issues with apps not appearing if your Sony Smart TV is not updated with the latest software version. Since app developers release updates according to the latest versions of software, the app is compatible with the newest version of the software.
- Sony Smart TV apps may not appear if your internet connection is weak or if your TV is not connected to the internet. Due to the fact that some applications require an active internet connection to function, this is the case.
- Over time, your Sony Smart TV accumulates caches and data from your apps. There may be issues with apps not showing up if the cache has an error or if too much data has accumulated.
- Sony Smart TVs may experience issues with apps not working if their app files are corrupted. The problem can be caused by a number of factors, including software glitches and malicious software.
- There are some TV settings that may prevent apps from appearing on your Sony Smart TV, such as parental controls or restricted mode.
How to Fix Sony Smart TV Not Showing Apps
We have described the following fixes in case you are facing the Sony Smart TV not showing apps issue:
Fix 1: Check For System Update
In many cases, the outdated system software is the cause of your Sony Smart TV not showing apps. It is not uncommon for Sony to release updates to their TVs in order to improve performance, fix bugs, and add new features. It is, therefore, important to verify that your TV is up to date with the latest software.
You can check your Sony Smart TV’s system updates by following these steps:
- Using your Sony Smart TV remote, turn on your TV and click the Home button. Upon clicking this, you will be taken to the home screen.
- On the home page, click Settings. With the arrow buttons on your remote, you can scroll down the menu.
- To select the Settings option, press the Enter button on your remote. By doing so, you will be able to access the Settings menu.
- Using your remote control, scroll to the System Software Update option in the Settings menu and select it.
- On the System Software Update screen, select the Check for System Update option.
- You will now be notified if there are any updates available for your Sony Smart TV. The TV will notify you if there is an update available so you can download and install it. Follow the instructions to complete the update process by clicking Download and Install.
- Thereafter, it will automatically download and install the update on your Sony Smart TV. You will be prompted to restart your TV automatically after the update is complete.
Fix 2: Check the Internet Connection
You may also experience difficulties showing apps on your Sony Smart TV if your internet connection is weak. The TV needs to be connected to the internet, and the connection needs to be stable. To do this, follow these steps:
- On your Sony Smart TV remote, press the Home button.
- Select Network from Settings.
- Click on Network Settings and then on Set up Internet Connection.
- If you prefer Wi-Fi or Ethernet, choose that option.
- Once you have connected to the internet, follow the instructions.
You might be able to improve your internet connection by moving your TV closer to the router or by using an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi.
Fix 3: Clear Cache And Data
You can also fix problems with apps not showing up by clearing the cache and data of problematic apps on your Sony Smart TV. There can be problems with caches and data if an app accumulates too much data or if the cache is corrupt. You can resolve these issues and improve the performance of the app by clearing the cache and data.
The steps below will guide you through the process of clearing the cache and data of an app on your Sony Smart TV:
- You can turn your TV on by pressing the Home button on your remote control. You will now be able to access the home menu.
- On the home screen, select Settings. Using your remote control’s arrow buttons, scroll down the menu.
- Use your remote to select the Settings option once you’ve highlighted it. Click on this to open the Settings menu.
- Using your remote, scroll down to the Apps option and select it.
- Your Sony Smart TV will display a list of all the apps installed on it. Find the app that’s not appearing and select it by pressing the Enter button.
- You’ll find options such as Open, Force Stop, Clear Data, and Clear Cache on the App info screen. If you want to clear your cache or data, select Clear Cache or Clear Data.
- When you select the Clear Cache or Clear Data option, you’ll see a confirmation prompt. To proceed, click OK.
- You can now check if the app appears on your Sony Smart TV once the cache or data has been cleared.
Fix 4: Reset Smart TV
You can fix issues with apps not appearing on your Sony Smart TV by resetting it to its default settings. In addition to erasing your TV’s settings, it will also erase any apps, network settings, and system preferences that you have loaded. In order to avoid loss of important data, it is advised to back up your TV’s data before resetting it. You need to follow the steps below in order to reset your Sony Smart TV:
- Using your Sony Smart TV remote, turn your TV on and press the Home button. You will be taken to the home screen.
- On the home menu, click Settings. Use your remote control to scroll down the menu.
- Select the Settings option by pressing the Enter button on your remote once you’ve highlighted it. The Settings menu will appear.
- Press the Enter button on your remote to select the Storage & Reset option from the Settings menu.
- On the Storage & Reset screen, select the Factory Data Reset option.
- When you click Confirm, a prompt will appear asking for your confirmation. To proceed, click OK.
- Now that you have reset your Sony Smart TV, it will return to its default settings. Once the reset has been completed, your TV will automatically restart. This process may take several minutes.
Sony Smart TVs require setting up again after they have been reset, including network settings, language preferences, and other settings. In the app store, you’ll find all the apps you need.
Fix 5: Contact Sony Support
You should contact Sony support if you’ve tried all the solutions above but still aren’t able to see apps on your Sony Smart TV. They can assist you with troubleshooting and fixing the problem due to their team of experts. To contact Sony support, follow these steps:
- Select your TV model from the Sony support website.
- Then, to contact us, go to the Contact Us page and select your preferred method.
To help Sony support diagnose the problem accurately, you may need to provide information about your TV, such as the model and serial number.
Also Read: How To Fix Sony Smart TV Black Screen Of Death
With Sony Smart TVs, users get a fantastic viewing experience for excellent entertainment. It can be frustrating not to be able to see apps on your TV. If your apps aren’t running, you can try the solutions above to fix the problem. If all else fails, contact Sony support for expert assistance. So, that’s how to fix the Sony Smart TV not showing apps. We hope that this guide has helped you. Meanwhile, for more info, comment below and let us know.