As a Sony Smart TV user, you may often experience your TV turning on with no picture, but the sound is still on. It’s Sony TV screens turning black issue. One of the major and common issues is the Sony TV black screen issue.
There are many reasons why Sony TV users face the black screen issue. The issue can be configuration setting errors, malfunctioning pending updates, or temporary glitches. Or it can be due to hardware issues. The following post will teach you how to fix the Sony Smart TV black screen of death issue.
- What Is The Reason Behind My Sony TV’s Screen being black Even If The TV is On?
- How To Fix The Black Screen Issue Of Death On Your Sony TV?
- What Is The Reason For Which Sony TV got sound but has no picture?
What Is The Reason Behind My Sony TV’s Screen being black Even If The TV is On?
As mentioned, black screen death occurs due to several factors or errors. It can be due to hardware malfunction, misconfigurations, technical bugs, or glitches. In this section, you will get to know what these issues are and how you can resolve them.
- Malfunction In Hardware- Malfunctioning in hardware can be why you might encounter the Black screen on your Sony TV. To get rid of this problem, contact a technician or walk down to your nearest service centre.
- Technical Bugs or Glitches- If any technical bugs or glitches in TV software exist, you may not watch your TV or face a black screen issue. A simple solution to this problem is to reboot or reset your TV.
- Misconfigured Settings- You might also solve the issue by properly configuring the TV settings. Due to some misconfiguration, the black screen death issue in Sony TV can occur.
How To Fix The Black Screen Issue Of Death On Your Sony TV?
There are some simple procedures or techniques following which you can quickly solve the black screen issue of death on your Sony TV.
Try To Restart Your Television
Sometimes a simple restart or reboot of your TV with the remote helps you fix the black screen issue. Follow the below-mentioned steps to reboot or restart your TV:
- Press the power button on your Sony remote for around five to ten seconds.
- After doing so, you can see that your TV is restarting.
- When your TV is restarted, make sure to observe whether you are still facing the issue or not.
Power Cycle Your Sony Smart TV
Suppose you have observed that there is a temporary glitch or malfunction. Then a hard setting or power cycling will help you to fix the no visuals issue on your Sony Smart TV.
To power cycle or hard reset your smart tv, follow the below steps:
- Turn on your Sony smart TV.
- Remove external hardware from your smart TV, such as an HDMI cable or any storage device.
- Unplug your smart tv from the power outlet. Then press and hold the power button of your TV remote for around ten to fifteen seconds.
- Then wait for around five to ten minutes.
- After that, again plug in your smart TV and switch it on.
Now check if you are still facing the black screen death issue on your Sony Smart TV or not. In most cases, following these steps would help you to fix the black screen death issue. Still, if you face a problem, call a technician or visit any nearest Sony TV service centre.
Ways To Factory Reset Your Sony Smart TV With Black Screen
Sometimes, you may need to reset your Sony Smart TV from the factory settings to fix the black screen death issue.
Ways or steps below would guide you to reset your Sony Smart TV with a black screen.
- First, locate the power button on your Sony Smart Bravia TV.
- After that, press and hold the up button, which is present on your remote, and then press the power button on your TV.
- Doing this would help you to reset your Sony TV to factory settings.
If You Don’t Have The Remote
Without the help of your tv remote, you can also factory reset your Sony smart tv. To do so, follow the following steps.
- Locate or find the buttons on the back of your Sony Smart TV.
- After that, unplug your Smart TV from the power outlet.
- Then press and hold the volume and power button on the back of the Sony Smart TV. Then plug in and turn on your smart tv holding both.
- Now, you would see some erasing notification or green light. It indicates that your Smart TV is resetting to factory settings.
When the reset process is completed, set up your Smart TV. Now check if you are still facing the black screen issue or not.
Change HDMI Port and Input
It may also happen that the HDMI stops working properly, leading to black screen issues in Sony Smart TV. Check the HDMI port and input to ensure it is working properly. If facing the black screen death issue, do not forget to check the HDMI port input.
- Try changing the HDMI cable from port 1 to port 2.
- After that, use your TV remote and open Input settings
- Now select the correct HDMI as input. If changing the port fixes the black screen issue, it was occurring due to the use of a faulty HDMI port.
But, if you still face the issue, try using a new HDMI cable. In this case, the old HDMI port you were using was the cause of the black screen issue.
Try To Reset Your Sony Smart Tv Picture Settings for Black Screen or Flickering issue
Resetting your Sony Smart TV’s picture settings might help you fix the black screen death issue. If you see flickering in the picture, then you can do the following steps for resetting your picture settings:
- Press the menu button present on your TV remote
- Then go to Settings> Preferences.
- Select the Reset option
After resetting the picture settings, check if it has resolved the black screen issue you are facing.
Turn Off The Picture reset mode
On many Sony Smart TV models, it is observed that the screen turns black after using it for some time. This usually occurs primarily because of picture reset mode. Following the steps below would help you turn off the picture reset mode of your Sony Smart TV.
- Press the setting button or menu button which you would find in your sony smart tv remote
- Then go to Settings> System> Retail Mode settings
- Now select Picture reset mode and turn it off.
What Is The Reason For Which Sony TV got sound but has no picture?
If you face a black screen issue with sound, you need to check the cable connection of your Sony TV. If it is not properly connected, reset all the cables and connect them securely. After doing that, if you still face the same issue, there might be some hardware issues.
Check For The Hardware Issue
If the above methods did not solve the black screen issue, it could be a hardware problem on your TV. Black screen issues can occur due to the use of faulty backlight leads.
To check the issue, use a flashlight and move closer to your Tv. Flash it on the surface of your Smart TV screen. Now, if you can see any picture on your TV, the issue is related to the blacklight LED.
Black screen issues can also occur due to faulty power boards on your smart tv. Try to make the issue by contacting the Sony team for help.
So, that’s all for today. Try to implement all the methods to fix the Sony Smart TV’s black screen of death. If you have any queries, comment down below to let us know. Also, for more updates, follow GetDroidTips!