This post lets you download and install the latest Android 13 stable update for Samsung Galaxy A04e devices. Now that Google has released the sturdy build of its latest OS, Android 13, many OEMs are quick to jump on this bandwagon. Going by the track record of Samsung, it is no surprise that they have also released an update for their flagship smartphones. This new One UI 5.0 update would bring in many noteworthy features for the end-users.
To begin with, the new brings in improvements like multi-language support, user privacy, revamped clipboard features, and more. Other than these, there are a few design changes, like an updated media player and support for themed icons to match wallpaper color. Here are the detailed instructions to download and install the latest Android 13 update for the Samsung Galaxy A04e devices.
Samsung Galaxy A04e: Device Overview
The Samsung Galaxy A04e device was officially announced on October 21, 2022. It was made available for purchase starting from November 7, 2022. The phone has a glass front, plastic back, and a plastic frame with a dimensions of 164.2 x 75.9 x 9.1 mm (6.46 x 2.99 x 0.36 in) and a weight of 188 g (6.63 oz).
It is a single SIM (Nano-SIM) or dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) device. The phone features a PLS LCD display type with a size of 6.5 inches and 102.0 cm2 (~81.8% screen-to-body ratio), and a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density). Running on Android 12 with One UI Core 4.1, the Samsung Galaxy A04e is powered by a MediaTek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm) chipset and an octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53) CPU, and PowerVR GE8320 GPU.
The phone comes in different internal storage and RAM options, including 32GB 3GB RAM, 32GB 4GB RAM, 64GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM, and 128GB 4GB RAM, with a dedicated microSDXC slot for additional storage. The Samsung Galaxy A04e features a dual main camera with a 13 MP wide lens with AF and a 2 MP depth lens with LED flash and 1080p@30fps video recording capability, while the selfie camera is a single 5 MP lens with f/2.2 and video recording capabilities. The device is powered by a Li-Po 5000 mAh non-removable battery.
Android 13 and Its Features
Google has finally started rolling out their stable Android 13 update to the public. Regarding the Android 13, it seems that the Android 13’s successor has plenty of additional features and improvements to its predecessor. We’ve already seen and used the major UI and design element changes in Android 13 last year, known as ‘Material You.’ This materialistic theming design enhanced the Android user experience from the minimal subtle look, rounded corners, improved pop-ups, etc.
Whereas the improved scrolling screenshots, optimized one-handed UI mode, better privacy & security features, improved app notifications, per-app basis language preferences, app permissions to send notifications, BT LE Audio support, auto theme icons, updated now playing widget, etc. Users will also find intuitive QR scanner support, enhanced silent mode, tap-to-transfer media controls, multiple profiles for NFC payments, and more.
Android 13 One UI 5.0 Update Tracker:
Updated on March 23, 2023: Today, Samsung rolled out their One UI 5.0 update to the Galaxy A04e globally. The update carries Android 13 with March 2023 security patch.
Download Android 13 | One UI 5.0 Update:
|Build Number: A042FXXS2CWC3
Security Patch: April 2023
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: A042FXXU1CWC1
Security Patch: March 2023
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: A042FXXU1BWA9
Security Patch: January 2023
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 13 on Samsung A42 5G
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the One UI 5.0 update based on Android 13 on your Samsung Galaxy A04e, let us look at the prerequisites first.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software on your computer.
- You must download and install the latest Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- You will also require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Keep your Samsung Galaxy A04e battery charged by at least 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s take a look at the Steps to flash Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy A04e.
We have provided a full detailed installation guide to flash the Android 13 update using Odin Tool on your Samsung Galaxy A04e. To flash Android 13 (One UI 5.0) on Samsung Galaxy A04e, you need to follow the below guide carefully:
- Download the appropriate Android 13 firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy A04e.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- The extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy A04e to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data, select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Galaxy A04e.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.