This post lets you download and install the latest Android 13 stable update for the Samsung Galaxy M42 5G devices. Now that Google has released the sturdy build of its latest OS, Android 13, many OEMs are quick to jump on this bandwagon. Going by the track record of Samsung, it is no surprise that they have also released an update for their flagship smartphones. This new One UI 5.0 update would bring in many noteworthy features for the end-users.
To begin with, the new brings in improvements like multi-language support, user privacy, revamped clipboard features, and more. Other than these, there are a few design changes, like an updated media player and support for themed icons to match wallpaper colour. Here are the detailed instructions to download and install the latest Android 13 update for the Samsung Galaxy M42 5G devices.
Samsung Galaxy M42: Device Overview
Samsung Galaxy M42 5G features a 6.6-inches Super AMOLED panel with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. The display resolution is a bit on the lower side, but the inclusion of an AMOLED panel makes up for it. Under the hood, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G built on an 8nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor that consists of two Kryo 570 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz and six Kryo 570 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 619 as the GPU.
In terms of optics, we get a quad-camera setup at the rear and a single camera setup at the front. The rear camera setup consists of a 48MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, an 8 MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, a 5MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 5MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. The front setup houses a 20MP single selfie sensor that is paired with an f/2.2 lens. The rear can shoot 4K videos at 30 fps, while the front camera is only limited to 1080p video recording.
The Samsung Galaxy M42 5G comes with Android 11 out of the box with Samsung’s One UI 3.1 skin on top. There are two storage options for this device: 6GB RAM + 128GB internal storage and 8GB RAM + 128GB internal storage.
In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, FM radio, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we have an under-display optical fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Much like other M series Samsung smartphones, the M42 5G also comes with a 5,000 mAh cell that can be topped up quickly using a 15W fast charging adapter. The smartphone is available in two color options: Prism Dot Black and Prism Dot Gray.
Android 13 and Its Features
Google has finally started rolling out their stable Android 13 update to the public. Regarding the Android 13, it seems that the Android 13’s successor has plenty of additional features and improvements to its predecessor. We’ve already seen and used the major UI and design element changes in Android 13 last year, known as ‘Material You.’ This materialistic theming design enhanced the Android user experience from the minimal subtle look, rounded corners, improved pop-ups, etc.
Whereas the improved scrolling screenshots, optimized one-handed UI mode, better privacy & security features, improved app notifications, per-app basis language preferences, app permissions to send notifications, BT LE Audio support, auto theme icons, updated now playing widget, etc. Users will also find intuitive QR scanner support, enhanced silent mode, tap-to-transfer media controls, multiple profiles for NFC payments, and more.
Android 13 One UI 5.0 Update Tracker:
Updated on May 15, 2023: Samsung started seeding April 2023 security patch update for the device with software version M426BXXU5DWD1. The update is based on Android 13.
Updated on January 08, 2023: Today, Samsung rolled their first One UI 5.0 update to the Galaxy M42 5G globally with software version M426BXXU3CVK5. The update carries Android 13 with November 2022 security patch.
Download Android 13 | One UI 5.0 Update:
|Build Number: M426BXXU5DWD1
Security Patch: April 2023
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: M426BXXU4CWA2
Security Patch: January 2023
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: M426BXXU3CVL1
Security Patch: December 2022
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: M426BXXU3CVK5
Security Patch: November 2022
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 13 on Samsung M42 5G
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the One UI 5.0 update based on Android 13 on your Samsung Galaxy M42 5G, let us look at the prerequisites first.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software on your computer.
- You must download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- You will also require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Keep your Samsung Galaxy M42 5G battery charged by at least 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s take a look at the Steps to flash Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy M42 5G.
We have provided a full detailed installation guide to flash the Android 13 update using Odin Tool on your Samsung Galaxy M42 5G. To flash Android 13 (One UI 5.0) on Samsung Galaxy M42 5G, you need to follow the below guide carefully:
- Download the appropriate Android 13 firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy M42 5G.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy M42 5G to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data, select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Galaxy M42 5G.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.