The company unveiled Galaxy Tab S7 on August 5 at Samsung’s Unpacked Event 2020. The base model of the tab featured up with a 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage which starts at $649.99. The device’s variants are available from country to country as within the UK you’ll buy a Wi-Fi-only variant while within the US you’ll also buy a 5G variant of the device. These are the company’s flagship offerings and succeed in the Galaxy Tab S6 line-up from last year. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 series brings a 120Hz refresh rate to better compete against the Apple iPad Pro models.
In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to install the official stock firmware image on Galaxy Tab S7. We have shared the complete list of stock firmware with their software update details like date of release, security patch, and OS version.
If you’re a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 user and waiting for the latest firmware update or missed out on any particular firmware version, then you can easily find out the firmware and download it from the given link. Additionally, we’ve provided the firmware update changelogs, installation steps, requirements, etc. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the device overview below.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Specifications
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 sports an 11-inch LTPS TFT WQXGA LCD display with 2,560 x 1600 pixels resolution and 120Hz refresh rate. The massive size has been great for getting work wiped out DeX also as for general content consumption, and it doesn’t feel totally unwieldy either. It measures 253.8 x 165.4 x 6.34 mm and weighs 495 grams.
Under the hood, the device is powered by the Snapdragon 865+ SoC, including Adreno 650 GPU, 6GB RAM, and 128GB internal storage that’s further expandable via microSD card. The tablet boots Android 10 OS with OneUI 2.0 custom skin on top.
In the camera department, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 features a dual rear camera setup that has a 13-megapixel primary sensor with an f/2.0 lens and a 5-megapixel secondary sensor with an f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle lens. The camera setup is paired with an LED flash and comes with autofocus support. Furthermore, there’s an 8-megapixel camera sensor at the front that doubles as a webcam and comes with an f/2.0 lens.
The tablet supports S Pen with 9 ms latency, handwriting recognition, and Air Gestures. There are children’s mode, Wireless DeX, and Knox for data security. Connectivity features include Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, ANT+, and optional 5G support. It comes with quadruple stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos and an integrated microphone.
Check OTA Update
Samsung always releases firmware OTA updates to its eligible devices in batches based on the server or region. So, it’s quite obvious that most of the users may receive the firmware update notification lately. However, it’s recommended to check for OTA updates manually on your device via the phone settings.
- Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates
- If the new software update is available, then tap Download now.
- Post the download, tap on Install update to begin the installation.
Make sure to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and fully charge the battery level. If your device gets the latest software update notification, you can simply grab the OTA by downloading and installing it. But if in case, you want to install any particular update version or want to keep updated with each and every firmware update, you should follow the tracker list below.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Stock Firmware Tracker
We will keep updating the firmware update details whenever a new update will be available. So, make sure to bookmark this page. You will find stock firmware for SM-T870 (WiFi); SM-T875 (LTE).
Make sure to download the correct firmware for your device. If you are using SM-T875, then download firmware starting with SM-T875.
|T875XXU2CVE5 LTE / T870XXU2CVE5 WiFi||June 2022|
|T875XXU2BUE2 LTE / T870XXU2BUE2 WiFi||May 2021|
|T875XXU1ATK4 – Global – LTE||November 2020|
|T870XXU1ATI4 – European region – WIFI||September 2020|
|T875XXU1ATI4 – European region – LTE||September 2020|
How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Manually
Ensure to follow all the requirements properly before going to the firmware installation process.
- Before you go ahead with the procedure, make sure to take a complete backup of your Samsung phone.
- Install the appropriate Samsung Galaxy USB drivers.
- Make sure to charge your device to at least 60%.
- Download the latest version of the Odin tool.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging:
– To do that again, head to the Settings>>Developer Options>> allow USB Debugging.
- Enter your Galaxy device into the Download mode by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power buttons for Samsung phones with capacitive buttons and Volume Down + Bixby + Power for newer models.
Download Required Tools:
- How to Download Firmware: Frija Tool | Samfirm Tool | Samsung Firmware Website
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Instructions to Install
- Download the appropriate Galaxy stock firmware for your phone.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy device to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
We hope this tracker list and firmware flashing guide was helpful to all the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 users. If you’ve any queries, you can comment below.