When you install a powerful graphics unit like GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER, you must install its drivers properly. If the drivers for that GPU are not updated, then that may affect your gaming. You can manually update the driver of your GTX 1660 SUPER. I have explained how to do that for PC running on Windows OS 7, 8, 10, or Windows 11. in this guide. You can find all the driver updates straight from the NVIDIA website.
NVIDIA regularly posts all the updates for its GPU driver on its download section. All you need to do is specify the model of your GPU. Then search if any new build for that particular model of graphics unit is available for download. If it’s there, download and install it. I have mentioned the steps below for your convenience.
What To Do If Your G-Sync Not Working in Windows 11/10?
Fix: RTX 3070 or 3080 Not Detecting Second Monitor
Fix: Nvidia RTX 3050 GPU Drivers Keep Crashing or Freezing
Fix: Low FPS Using NVIDIA Graphics Card After Windows 11 Update
Fix: NVIDIA Drivers Not Installing 2023
How to Benchmark Your Graphics Card
Best Bottleneck Calculators for PCs in 2023
What is VSync? Should You Turn it On or Off?
Download GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER Drivers For Windows 11/10/8/7
What you will download is a game-ready driver. This means you will get a smooth gaming experience with all kinds of games including newly released games. There will be no issue of FPS drops or stutter of any kind.
- Start by visiting the NVIDIA website at nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- You will see a form that asks for the driver specifications as per your requirement
- Set Product Type to GeForce
- Click Product Series and select GeForce 16 Series
- Specify the product as GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
- The operating system will be set to Windows 10 64-bit
- Once you specify everything about the driver for which you want to download an update, click on the Search
- The available driver for GTX 1660 will show up
- All you have to do now is click on Download
NOTE: The driver update that you will download will weigh around 700 MB. So, to download such a large file I suggest you connect to a WiFi network.
After the download, follow the instructions as per the installer and update the driver of your GTX 1660 SUPER. I hope this guide was informative.