OnePlus did not shy away from releasing its new flagships for the year 2020, the OnePlus 8 series even after the COVID-19 scenario. Although the launch was done online, the device has been well appreciated by all the tech reviewers across the globe. The OnePlus 8 series phone is the first from the lot, to spot the wireless charging technology. Besides, OnePlus has gone with the same design and form factor of the OnePlus 7 and 7T Pro device but in place of the pop-up selfie camera, we will now see the punch hole camera. Rest every spec, as expected, is top of the notch and it seems like the company is slowly moving away from the tag of being a flagship killer to becoming a flagship itself as the device starts from $900 US. Keep in mind, now the OnePlus 8 series sports a 120 HZ refresh rate display as well.
But, there is one thing, which has always been one of the negative points of the OnePlus phones and that is the camera performance. Although this time around the company has bolted in some decent cameras, it is still not at par with the likes of Galaxy S20 Ultra or the iPhone 11 Pro Max. And to get some decent photos out of the cameras on the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro, we have now the links to the GCam or the Google camera port that benefits from great image processing and gives out brilliant results. GCams are widely popular and you can find a Google Camera port app for almost any of the devices available. Also, the GCam brings in a lot of cool features from the Pixel devices for the other devices like the hugely popular Night Sight mode. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
How to install Gcam on OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
Uninstall any previous version of the GCam if you have installed it on your device. This is done in order to avoid installation errors.
- You need to download the GCam app for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro from the above section.
- Install the app on your phone, just like any third-party app.
- Once the installation is done, open the GCam app.
- Now, below are some of the in-app settings that you need to tweak in order to get optimum results out of the GCam port on your Honor 30 series:
– Head over to More Option.
– Open Camera Settings
– Open BSG MOD settings.
– Input Model
– You need to change -Interface Style – Pixel 2
– Change Configurations- PIXEL2018 ZSLR HDR+
– Then go back – Enable Google Photos
– Disable Zoom
– Enable HDR+ Enhanced in Portrait Mode
– Then open Saturation
– Set Highlight Saturation -1.8
– Set Shadow Saturation – 2.4 (For Rear camera)
– Restart the app again.
- That’s it!
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you liked this post and were successful in installing the GCam or the Google Camera port for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro smartphones. Let us know in the comments which features were far more better with the GCam as compared to the stock camera application. Until the next post…Cheers!
- How to Relock Bootloader on OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
- OnePlus 8 Stock Firmware Collections [Back To Stock ROM]
- OnePlus 8 Pro Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM]
- Comprehensive Guide to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Your OnePlus 8 / 8T
- Which OnePlus 8 Waterproof? Is OnePlus 8 or 8 Pro Water and Dust Resistant?
- How to Bypass or Remove Pattern Lock on OnePlus 8, 8 Pro or 8T