BBK Electronics-owned Vivo is one of the well-known leading smartphone brands in China. Vivo offers great budget and mid-range segment Android devices with decent specifications and features. While the flagship-grade Vivo smartphones offer great value for money package with some new hardware or design innovations as well. All the Vivo smartphones running on Android OS based on Funtouch OS skin by default. Though the Funtouch OS isn’t that optimized or polished UI, it almost provides good user experience with iOS-like transitions, icons, and UI. If you want to install the Stock Firmware on your Vivo Y89 model from any Custom ROM, follow this guide. Here we will share the steps on How to Install Stock ROM on Vivo Y89 [Firmware flash file].
By flashing the Stock ROM again on your Vivo Y89 handset, you will be able to use your device properly once again like a new device. Due to Android’s customizations, some advanced users or developers flash any Custom ROM or mod files. Now, if in case, you want to go back to the Stock Firmware or get back the device warranty again, you will have to install the official Stock ROM. Some times, installing Custom Firmware or mod files or enabling Root access can decrease the system performance or occur some issues with the software. Therefore, installing the stock firmware is the best idea.
We will also share the stock firmware advantages, download links, pre-requirements, and complete flashing steps below.
Stock Firmware and its Advantages
Most of the smartphone OEMs don’t provide a bunch of customizations or functionalities to the device by default. Whereas, most of the third-party firmware comes with so many customizations and visual changes that may be eye-catching to the user but it has a lot of system bugs and stability issues including vulnerabilities. You may experience battery issues, camera or signal issues, app force-close, lags, overheating, performance decrease, and more. Therefore, flashing the stock firmware will fix most of the issues.
Check out the Stock ROM advantages below:
- Flash Stock to unbrick your Vivo Y89 device
- Fix the device bootloop issue
- Upgrade and Downgrade your phone software version
- Flash Stock ROM to unroot the device (if rooted earlier)
- Fix bugs or lag or stutter on Vivo Y89 device
- Increase software performance, battery draining issue, OTA update issue
- Get back phone warranty again by installing Stock ROM (if applicable)
- Device Model: Vivo Y89
- Tool Supported: QFiL Tool
- Processor: Snapdragon 626 SoC
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
- File: Stock ROM (Software Update)
- GApps: Included
Check for OTA Updates Manually
Whenever Vivo releases a software update for its devices via OTA, the device users will get OTA update notification automatically. The OTA updates roll-out via batches and may take some time to receive in all regions. If you’re using the Vivo Y89 device and haven’t received any OTA automatically, then you can manually check for the update. Follow the simple steps below.
- Head over to the device Settings menu > System menu > then, tap on the System Update > Tap on Check for Update option.
- If the OTA update is available for your device then tap on Download and Install button to start the installation process. It may take a few minutes and then reboot your device.
- You’re done.
But if you want to flash the Stock ROM or install the software update manually, then you have to download the Stock Firmware file for Vivo Y89 from below. Then follow the requirements properly and flash the firmware step-by-step.
Download Files, Drivers, Tool:
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Vivo Y89 [Firmware flash file]
First, check out the pre-requirements and then proceed to the installation process. We have provided two installation methods from which you have to follow anyone of them.
- Firmware & Installation Guide Supported: For Vivo Y89 model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Charge your device battery at least up to 60% for a smoother process.
- Make sure to take a complete backup without the Root of your device data. You can also follow the Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery method.
- A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB Cable is required in order to connect your device with the computer.
- Download all the required tools, drivers, and firmware file for your device from above.
Method 1: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:
Follow the below link in order to install the stock firmware on Vivo Y89 using the QFiL flash tool.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions to install the Stock ROM on your Vivo Y89 via QPST Tool. Follow the guide properly.
- After following all the pre-requirements, open the extracted QPST folder.
- There will be two files available such as Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip file.
- Open the QPST Win folder and install the QPST.exe file on your Windows PC/Laptop.
- Go to the installed path in the C: Disk and open the QPST Configuration tool.
- Now, click on Add new port in the QPST Configuration > Select the com port of your device > Close it.
- Now, open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files.
- Check program boot loaders > Browse for the device com port.
- Now, click on Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract the ROM, extract it first and browse the file rawprogram0.xml).
- Next, tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM.
- Check for the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM.
- Finally, click on the download button and wait for the complete downloading process (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver.
- You’re done. Once your installation completes, restart your phone.
That’s it. We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed or updated the Stock ROM on Vivo Y89 device. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.