The IMEI number is a unique identification or a serial number for all mobiles that come out of the box. It’s a 15-17 digits serial number that identifies GSM phones due to SIM swapping. Therefore, an IMEI can track a phone’s hardware around the world. Keep in mind that all the IMEI numbers are very unique for each and every mobile device. But if in case, your device has a null or invalid IMEI, you should fix it. Here we have shared the guide on How to Repair and Fix the IMEI number on Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro.
If your device doesn’t have the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number, the carrier network won’t work on your device as well. The same thing happens with each dual SIM or higher SIM slot device also. Each and every SIM slot are registered with a unique IMEI number and can be checked by typing *#06# on the dial pad of your phone and it will automatically show up the number.
Now, coming to the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro was launched in August 2019 with flagship-grade specifications like SDM855 SoC, 6GB/8GB RAM, 64GB/128GB/256GB storage, AMOLED display, triple rear cameras, and more. Currently, the handset runs on Android 10 based stable MIUI 11. If you’re a Mi 9T Pro user and want to repair or fix the IMEI number, check out the step-by-step guide below.
Steps to Repair and Fix IMEI number on Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro
Sometimes due to software issues or after flashing any custom firmware, your device may get corrupted or bricked. Similarly, the device IMEI number can also become invalid or removed which is quite unfortunate. Here we will share the QCN Rebuilder tool guide to restore the IMEI number on the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro device. QCN Rebuilder is a free tool to restore IMEI on any Xiaomi or Redmi device.
Now, let’s check out the download links and requirements below.
- This guide and QCN file are for the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro model only.
- Your device should be charged up to 50% at least.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Keep a full backup of the device data before doing anything.
- Enable USB Debugging. Check the video guide.
- Download all the files and tools from above.
IMEI Rebuilding and Restore Guide
- After downloading, install and run the QCN Rebuilder tool on your PC.
- Click on Open file and select the Mi 9T Pro QCN file.
- Now, replace the IMEI with the original IMEI number.
- Click on Rebuild.
- Next, connect your phone to a PC using a USB cable.
- Open the dial pad on your device and type this code *#*#717717#*#* to enable diagnostic mode.
- If the above code doesn’t work, use CMD on your PC by following the commands below.
adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config rndis,diag,adb
- Then run the QPST tool on your computer.
- Click on the Restore tab > select the rebuilt QCN file > click on Restore.
- You’re done.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful for your Mi 9T Pro. If you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.