Receiving the latest security updates on your phone is a good feeling because it means that your phone will now be protected against the latest vulnerabilities and also it gives you a sense that your smartphone OEM has not put your device in the back burner and forgotten about your phone. Ideally, all the updates from the OEM are pushed via OTA, but with the help of this post, you can now upgrade your Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 with the latest June 2020 security patch update.
This article will include the download link to the update package file which you can make use of to upgrade your Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 with the latest June 2020 security patchset. Notably, the June security patch is based on Android 10 (EMUI 10) for the Huawei Y9 Prime 2019. With that being said, let us take a look at the article itself:
Check for the Software update on Huawei Y9 Prime 2019
Before we go ahead with the installation procedure of the June 2020 security patch on the Huawei Y9 Prime 2019, let us take a look at the steps by which you can check the notification for any software update available. Here are the steps:
- Tap Settings on your phone.
- Navigate and click on System Option.
- Now go to System Update menu.
- Tap on Check for Updates option and if there is a new update available, then you can download that file.
[note color=”blue” title_tag=”h2″ title=”Firmware Details”]
- Device: Huawei Y9 Prime 2019
- Model: STK-L21; STK-L22; STK-LX3
- Android version: Android 10
- EMUI version: EMUI 10
- Firmware version: 10.0.0.233, 10.0.0.202, 10.0.0.217, 10.0.0.230, 10.0.0.216, 10.0.0.201
- Security patch level: June 2020
– Integrates Android security patches released in June 2020 for improved system security.
[note color=”red” title_tag=”p” title=”Warning!”]
Before we begin with this guide, I would strongly recommend you to follow the steps mentioned in this post very carefully to avoid permanent damage to your device. If anything goes wrong the author or GetDroidTips are not responsible for it.
- Note that the files in this post are meant for Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 smartphone only.
- Keep your phone charged to about 50% or above for a smooth process.
- You will need a PC and a USB cable.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your phone’s data.
- Download Huawei USB Drivers
[note color=”green” title_tag=”h2″ title=”Download Firmware”]
- STK-LGRP3-OVS (10.0.0.233) : Link
- Stark-LGRP3-OVS (10.0.0.230) : Link
- Stark-LGRP5-OVS (10.0.0.217) : Link
- Stark-LGRP5-OVS (10.0.0.216) : Link
- STK-LGRP2-OVS (10.0.0.202) : Link
- Stark-LGRP2-OVS (10.0.0.201) : Link
Now to install the downloaded June 2020 security firmware on your phone, you can simply refer to our complete post on how to install stock firmware on any Huawei device.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys were able to update your Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 with the latest June 2020 security patchset using the link given above for the package file and the installation procedure mentioned above. Let us know in the comments below if you come across any issues while following any of the above-mentioned methods. Until the next post…Cheers!