Recently, Facebook merges with Instagram in order to provide a more enhanced users experience to their over one billion audiences. Over the year, Instagram got a lot of names and fame. But, not it looks like after merging, their uses are going through various issues regularly. For example, for a couple of days, some users complaining that their Instagram share to Facebook stopped working and now they are unable to share the post in both the platform simultaneously.
Apart from this, if your eyes are in a search for proper fixes to fix this error. Then, perhaps you are in the right heaven. Yes, you hear it right. So, today, here in this guide, we will tell you how you can fix if the Instagram share to Facebook stopped working on your smartphone. So, without further ado, let’s get started with the guide.
Recently, users started complaining that the same post will be displayed previously whenever they posted something on Instagram in Facebook. But now, it isn’t showing up in the Facebook time after the recent patch update. I know sometimes this kind of issue bothered users. But, trust me! You can fix this irritating error easily by using a couple of methods. But, yeah, you need to read the guide till the end as each step is important. So, here are the steps that you require to follow:
Fix 1: Log Out From Both The Devices
Many users are reported that by doing this, the share stopped working issue get resolved. So, I recommend you to try this once and see if it helps:
- Open your Instagram app, click on the profile and hit the three vertical lines located at the top-right corner of the screen. Then, select Settings.
- Now, locate and hit Log Out button.
- Likewise, in order to log out from Facebook, open your Facebook app, click on the three lines icon located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- After that, simply locate and select the Log Out option.
That’s it. Now, you need to login into Facebook first and then Instagram. Then, link both the accounts using fix 2.
Fix 2: Link Your Facebook Account Correctly
- Launch Instagram and click on the profile. Now, hit the three vertical lines located in the top-right corner. Then, tap on the Settings.
- After that, select the Account option and click on Linked Accounts. Now, from the various linking options, you need to select Facebook. If prompted, grant it permission.
- Now, to ensure that your account is linked or not, you can check so, if your Facebook tag turns blue. This means the account is successfully linked and activated now.
That’s it. Now, your both profiles are linked successfully. You can now check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Fix 3: Change Your Facebook Password
Many players worldwide reported that changing the Facebook password, help them to resolve the error permanently. So, you can also give it a shot. Here are the steps to change your Facebook password, in case you don’t know.
- Launch the Facebook app and select the three vertical lines located at the top-right corner of the screen. After that, locate and click on the Settings. Most probably, you’ll get this option under the Settings and Privacy option.
- Then, hit the Security and Login button. After that, select the Change password option. Then, type in a strong password and change it. Now, you may need to log in again using your newly set password.
That’s it. Now, you can open Instagram and check if the issue gets resolved or not. However, now most probably the Instagram share to Facebook stopped working issue gets resolved.
Fix 4: Delete Instagram From Facebook
This is another effective fix that you can try. But, yeah, keep in mind that by doing this, you have all previously posted Instagram posts removed from Facebook. If you have no issue with that, then follow the steps given below:
- Launch the Facebook using your browser and click on the small drop arrow located in the top menu of the screen. Then, click on the Settings from that menu.
- After that, locate and select the Apps and websites option.
- Then, from the apps list, select Instagram. That’s it. Now, hit the Remove button.
- Now, once you remove your account, you can again link your Facebook and Instagram account with each other and start enjoying it because now your Instagram share to Facebook stopped working issue get resolved.
It is the best option as sometimes we changed our Facebook password. But, as our Instagram is linked to our Facebook account, still, it is not logged out from there even after changing the password. But, all thanks to this feature, Instagram stop posting your uploads to Facebook due to security concerns.
So, if you are also changing your Facebook in recent times, then I recommend you unlink your Facebook account with Instagram and then link it again. Once done, check if the issue gets resolved or not.
So, now most probably your Instagram share to Facebook stopped working issue get resolved. But, if you are still encountering the same issue, then I recommend you contact the support team and ask them to help fix this. Although you do not need any other than the above mentioned in this guide, still if you have any doubts, please let us know in the comment section.