Finally, Verizon started rolling the same 8th Android iteration (Android 8.1 Oreo) for Galaxy J7 Prepaid with build number J727VPPVRU2BRH1. With the Android 8.1 features, Verizon also upgraded the UI to the latest Samsung Experience 9.0 to the table. If you are running the Stock firmware, then upgrade Verizon Galaxy J7 Prepaid to Android 8.1 Oreo. Along with this update, Verizon has integrated the latest August 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy J7 Prepaid.
The update is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) to users for Verizon carries in the US. The rollout may take a couple of days or weeks. So kindly wait for the update notification on your phone anytime soon. If you are not patient, then you can upgrade Verizon Galaxy J7 Prepaid to Android 8.1 Oreo with software version J727VPPVRU2BRH1 manually. Before that, we request you to check for the software update manually. Below we have given the complete instructions on how to check software update manually on your device.
How to Check Software Update Manually?
Here we will instruct on how to manually capture the Verizon Galaxy J7 Prepaid Android 8.1 Oreo with build number J727VPPVRU2BRH1.
Simply Go to device Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone.
Before starting the OTA download process,
- Make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you
- Ensure to have enough storage to download and install the J727VPPVRU2BRH1 Android Oreo update.
- choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download the software update for Verizon Galaxy J7 Prepaid it.
Well, with that being said, let’s jump into what’s new in Android 8.1 Oreo Stock Firmware.
What’s in Android 8.1 Oreo?
Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
Steps to Install J727VPPVRU2BRH1 on Verizon Galaxy J7 Prepaid:
The guide is simple and easy. So before installing the firmware, make sure you have the proper firmware downloaded supported by your carrier. Also, read the instructions for installing the firmware. In this guide, we are using latest ODIN Download tool to flash the Android 8.1 Oreo.
How to update via ODIN Software
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software, firmware and drivers on your PC.
Download ODIN and DRIVERS:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your device.
Instructions to Install:Complete Tutorial To Flash Firmware Using ODIN Tool
So, that’s all. Catch the latest J727VPPVRU2BRH1 Verizon Galaxy J7 Prepaid Android 8.1 Oreo update and enjoy.
Follow GetDroidTips to get all the latest firmware updates for Galaxy J7 Prepaid and other Samsung smartphones.