Samsung Galaxy J2 is now getting the unofficial version of Lineage OS 17.1. The device was launched in 2015 and came out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 based on Android 10—full credits to the developer and LineageOS team. Now you can install Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy J2, which is stable enough to use as a daily driver.
Android 10 is Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. Google doesn’t come with any dessert item name for the new Android version this time and that’s a good move. If you’re new to the Android ecosystem, it’s worth mentioning that Android is an Open Source Project (AOSP) by Google.
To install Lineage OS 17.1 on your Samsung J2, unlock the bootloader and run the latest TWRP Recovery. If you are on the old version, you will see the error 7 warning text while installing the custom ROM on the Samsung J2 device.
What’s on Android 10 version?
Android 10 is Google’s 10th version of the Android operating system, and it comes with a wide range of new features and system UI changes. The update was released in September 2019 and has been adopted by various phone manufacturers. One of the most significant changes in Android 10 is the removal of the traditional navigation buttons and the introduction of the gesture navigation system. This system allows users to swipe left, right, up, and down to navigate through the phone’s interface. Another notable feature is the introduction of a system-wide dark mode, which not only saves battery life but also reduces eye strain in low-light conditions. Other changes include improved privacy and security features, better app permissions, and support for foldable phones.
Android 10 also brings some significant changes to the notifications system, with a new Bubbles feature that allows users to quickly access messaging apps and a redesigned notification panel that groups notifications by category. Additionally, Android 10 introduces a new Focus mode that helps users to stay focused by blocking out distracting apps, and a Live Caption feature that automatically adds captions to videos and audio playing on the device. Overall, Android 10 brings a host of new features and improvements that make the operating system more efficient, user-friendly, and customizable.
Lineage OS 17.1: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS 17.1 is a custom ROM based on Android 10 that is available for many Android devices. It offers a clean and customizable user interface along with various features not found on stock Android. Lineage OS 17.1 provides frequent security updates and is free from bloatware that often comes pre-installed on devices. Users can also expect better performance and battery life compared to the stock ROM. Lineage OS 17.1 is a popular custom ROM among Android enthusiasts who seek a more streamlined and personalized experience.
Android 10 offers many new features and system UI changes. Some of the key features of Android 10 include a system-wide dark mode, improved gesture navigation, better privacy controls, live captioning for videos, and better support for foldable devices. Android 10 also provides a more refined digital wellbeing feature, allowing users to better manage their screen time and focus on what matters most. Additionally, Android 10 offers improved security features such as a new location permission system and the ability to block unwanted calls and messages. Overall, Android 10 is a major update that offers significant improvements over its predecessors.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on Samsung J2
First, unlock the Galaxy J2 bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy J2.
- This is an Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 file and is supported for Galaxy J2 only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J2
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17.1 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Copy the TWRP image, GApps, and ROM zip files to your device’s internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Galaxy J2 into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In the recovery menu, tap on the Install button > Install Image > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now, reboot to recovery mode again.
- In the TWRP menu, go to the Wipe section.
- Select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- The system will be mounted already Uncheck it & Remount the system and vendor manually. Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17.1 on your Galaxy J2 handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.