Finally, Android 10 is official and so the AOSP 10 Source code. The developer team has started working on the Lineage OS 17 for Huawei Honor 9 Lite by applying the AOSP source code and Lineage Gerrit. If you want to know about the Lineage OS 17 development for Huawei Honor 9 Lite, you are on the right page. Please bookmark this page to get the update on all the latest custom ROM for Huawei Honor 9 Lite.
Huawei Honor 9 Lite (codenamed: LLD-L31 / LLD-L21) was launched in December 2017. Huawei Honor 9 Lite features a 5.65 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The smartphone is powered by an Octa-core 4×2.36 GHz Cortex-A53 HiSilicon Kirin 659 processor coupled with 3/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei Honor 9 Lite comes with dual 13 MP + 2 MP, phase detection autofocus, LED flash, HDR, panorama, and 13 MP + 2MP front shooting camera. Huawei Honor 9 Lite runs on Android 8.0 Oreo with EMUI 8.0 and is backed by Li-Po 3000 mAh Non-removable battery. It also has a Fingerprint sensor on the back.
Well, Android 10 is Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. Google doesn’t come with any dessert item name for the new Android version this time and that’s a good move. If you’re new to the Android ecosystem, it’s worth mentioning that Android is an Open Source Project (AOSP) by Google. With the newly released Android 10 source code, the Lineage team has started working on Lineage OS 17 for all the supported devices.
To install Lineage OS 17 on your Huawei Honor 9 Lite, you need to unlock the bootloader and run the latest TWRP Recovery. If you are on the old version, you will see error 7 warning text while installing the custom ROM on Huawei Honor 9 Lite (LLD-L31 / LLD-L21) device.
What’s on the Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Lineage OS 17: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system which is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17 on Huawei Honor 9 Lite (LLD-L31 / LLD-L21) by flashing this custom ROM.
What's Working and What's not?
- No Data
- Many are broken
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17 ROM on Huawei Honor 9 Lite (LLD-L31 / LLD-L21)
First, unlock the Huawei Honor 9 Lite bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17 on Huawei Honor 9 Lite.
- This is an Android 10 based Lineage OS 17 file and is supported for Huawei Honor 9 Lite (LLD-L31 / LLD-L21) only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Huawei Honor 9 Lite (LLD-L31 / LLD-L21)
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother LLD-L31 / LLD-L21ss.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Beta Testers only
Lineage OS 17 for Huawei Honor 9 Lite is still under development and not available for the public. If you want to be our beta team, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lineage OS 17 (zip) |Under development | Check Lineage OS 17 list
- Download Lineage OS 17 Gapps
- Download and install Huawei USB Drivers
- Instructions to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Honor 9 Lite
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the ROM and Gapps file to your device’s internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Huawei Honor 9 Lite into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In the recovery menu, tap on the Install button > Install Image > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now, reboot to recovery mode again.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- The system will be mounted already Uncheck it & Remount system and vendor manually. Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17 on your Huawei Honor 9 Lite (LLD-L31 / LLD-L21) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.
What about LLD-AL 10 ?