Finally, Android 10 Q is official and so the AOSP 10 Source code. LG V20 (All Variant) is now getting the unofficial version of Lineage OS 17.1 developed by MEMO#22 Recognized Developer on XDA forum. The device is launched on September 2016. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 based on Android 10. Full credits to him and Lineage team. Now you can install Lineage OS 17.1 on LG V20 which is stable enough to use as a daily driver.
Android 10 is Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. Google doesn’t come with any dessert item name for the new Android version this time and that’s a good move. If you’re new to the Android ecosystem, it’s worth mentioning that Android is an Open Source Project (AOSP) by Google. With the new released Android 10 source code, the Lineage team has started working on Lineage OS 17.1 for all the supported device.
To install Lineage OS 17.1 on your LG V20, you need to unlock bootloader and running latest TWRP Recovery. If you are on the old version, you will see error 7 warning text while installing the custom ROM on LG V20 device.
Let’s talk about the specs. LG V20 is a dual SIM smartphone launched in September 2016. The phone comes with a 5.70-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels. It runs on 1.6 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and 4 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box and later upgraded to Nougat OS. This device packs a 32 GB of expandable internal storage. LG V20 brings a dual 16-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel camera on the front.
What’s on Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
- Download and Install LG V20 Stock Firmware [Back To Stock ROM – Collection]
- List of Best Custom ROM for LG V20 [All Variant]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for LG V20 based on Android 10 Q
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Update for LG V20
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On LG V20 (All Variant)
Lineage OS 17.1: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system which is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 on LG V20 by flashing this custom ROM.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on LG V20
First, unlock the LG V20 bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17.1 on LG V20.
- This is Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 file and supported for LG V20 only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on LG V20
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17.1 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
- Lineage OS 17.1 Download (h990)
- Lineage OS 17.1 Download (h910)
- Lineage OS 17.1 Download (h918)
- Lineage OS 17.1 Download (ls997)
- Lineage OS 17.1 Download (us996)
- Lineage OS 17.1 Download (vs995)
- Download Lineage OS 17.1 Gapps
- Download and install LG USB Drivers
- Instructions to install TWRP Recovery on LG V20
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device internal storage.
- Next, reboot your LG V20 into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In recovery menu, tap on Install button > Install Image > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now, reboot to recovery mode again.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- The system will be mounted already Uncheck it & Remount system and vendor manually. Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17.1 on your LG V20 handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.