OnePlus 8 Pro (codename: instantnoodlep) launched in April 2020. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 10 Q. In this tutorial, we will show you how to download and install Lineage OS 18.1 on OnePlus 8 Pro (instantnoodlep) device. The Google-owned OS is open source in nature. This allows the userbase to try out tons of customizations and modifications onto your devices. For starters, they could install themes, icon packs, and launchers from the Play Store. But this is just the beginning. There are a plethora of other tweaks that you could try out on your device.
All that is required is an unlocked bootloader, and then you could easily set your feet in the custom development. From installing a custom recovery like TWRP to gaining root access via Magisk, the possibilities are endless. Along the same lines, you could also try out a customized Android OS in the form of custom ROMs. And in this guide, we will be discussing just that. Today, we will show you the steps to install Lineage OS 18.1 onto your OnePlus 8 Pro (instantnoodlep) device.
The OnePlus 8 Pro sports a massive 6.78 Fluid AMOLED display that comes with a Quad HD+ display, which comes with pixels of 1440 x 3168. It also comes with Corning Gorilla Glass and a screen refresh rate of 120Hz. Coming to the internals, the OnePlus 8 Pro sports the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC, which is built on the 7nm process. This is an octa-core SoC, and the setup includes a single Kryo 585 core, which clocks at a higher speed i.e., at 2.84 GHz, other three Kryo 585 cores which clock at 2.42 GHz. And finally, four Kryo 585 core, which clocks at 1.80 GHz. On the GPU side, it has the Adreno 650, which clocks at 587 MHz. Coming to the memory side, it sports 8 and 12GB of RAM. And it has 128 and 256GB of UFS 3.0 storage.
Lineage OS 18.1 with Android 11 Features
Among all the custom ROMs available for our device, Lineage has been among the oldest player. In its early days, it was known as CyanogenMod and now this ‘lineage’ seems to have been rightly carried forward. Based on the Android Open Source Project, you will be able to welcome a few handy customization options to your device. The ROM isn’t known to offer a plethora of features, rather it maintains an equilibrium with the stability front.
As far as the latest LineageOS 18.1 is concerned, it is based on the latest Android 11 that has just been released. This in turn translates to the user getting blessed with some noteworthy features. These include a separate Conversation section, OneTime Permissions, and the new Notification History. Likewise, there has been the introduction of Chat Bubbles and a native Screen Recorder. The Media Player has now also been moved to the Quick Settings with some handy Media Controls options.
Refer to our detailed instructions on how to install lineage OS 18.1 onto OnePlus 8 Pro.
How to Install LineageOS 18.1 on OnePlus 8 Pro
Before we list the instructions, there are a few points worth discussing. We would like to state that the ROM is an unofficial build and in the alpha stage. So you could face a few stability issues as well as bugs. On that note, here are all the working features and the bugs present in this ROM:
Not Known – We haven’t tested yet
- How To Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 8 Pro and Root Using Magisk
- Common Problems in OnePlus 8 Pro and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- OnePlus 8 Pro Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM]
- List of Best Custom ROM for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro [Updated]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for OnePlus 8 Pro based on Android 10 Q
- Download and Install AOSP Android 11 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
So if you are ready to install LineageOS 18.1 onto your OnePlus 8 Pro (instantnoodlep) device, then here is all the required information. Let’s start with the requirements set.
- First and foremost, create a complete device backup. This is because we will be wiping the data partition which will format your device.
- Next up, you will need to unlock the bootloader on your device. If you haven’t done so, then refer to our guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 8 Pro.
- Once that is done, you also need to have the TWRP Recovery installed. You could refer to our guide on How to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 8 Pro.
- Also, enable USB Debugging on your device so that it gets recognized by your PC in the ADB Mode. For that, head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Next, up, download and install the Android SDK Platform Tool on your PC. This will provide you with the necessary binary files.
- Also, download and install the OnePlus USB Drivers onto your PC.
- Finally, download the Lineage OS 18.1 on OnePlus 8 Pro: Download Link / Mirror
- If you want Google Apps as well, then download the Android 11 GApps file
That’s it. You may now proceed with the installation steps.
Instructions to Install Lineage OS 18.1 on OnePlus 8 Pro
- Download the Android SDK Platform Tool and extract it on your PC
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and extract it inside the same folder
- Now connect your device to the PC via USB Cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Inside the same extracted folder on your PC, open the Command Prompt window by pressing and holding the SHIFT key + Ctrl Key and click on the right mouse button.
- Execute the command given below one by one.
fastboot -w (this will wipe your data) fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot reboot fastboot fastboot erase scratch (this is safe to fail as scratch is only created upon adb remount) fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img fastboot flash product product.img fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img fastboot reboot
- You may now reboot your device to the newly installed OS. For that, head over to Reboot and select System.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to install Lineage OS 18.1 on OnePlus 8 Pro (instantnoodlep) device. Do let us know your views about this ROM in the comments section below. Furthermore, you could also drop in your queries in the comments. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that deserve your attention as well.